First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ended up with a BB… added mid, v6, tow, and limited slip rear. In my case, I decided I’d rather have a lesser trim, but with some options that I really wanted.
I think you meant to say rear locker, I wish Ford offered an LSD!
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking at getting most likely a 2 door Bronco. TBH this Bronco will probably never see any off road action other than a dirt road (please don't throw stones, lol). Anyway I not sure if I should go with a BB or an Outer Banks without many (if any) options. What are the advantages (in the real world) of going with an OB over a BB?

Feel free to offer up any advice. Any reason not to go with the 2DR outside of less room, etc? I would be going with the auto trans also.

Fire away...
Just my opinion but I would just write out the features you have to have and go with that. I have a BB Sasquatch with low/mid package so no camera or front sensors. I do like 4A so I think that is a big deal. There are so many aftermarket features now that if I took off my BB badge there is no way to tell what it is. I like SAS, 4A and after that you can make it your own. I've used Forscan to add rock crawl so I have all items except badlands swaybar disconnect which I would never use...don't plan on going over huge boulders rock crawling. Maybe wish I had heated seats but you can add that later with custom Kazkin leather packages and even add cooled seats. Spend the extra money on aux switches, mod bumper and hard top if you can get them, they are way worth the small MSRP and you can resell them for more $$$ if you want. I did the plastic bumper with fogs and have now switched it out for a more heavy duty BAMF bumper. I have the 8" screen which is fine for me but I have never had the 12 so who knows. Upgraded my speakers and the stereo is awesome now. You name it I have probably done it so to me that is the great part about the Bronco you can customize it non stop if you want and eventually the badge really gets less and less. I tend to lean towards getting what you need from the factory and then customizing the rest for less money and exactly what you want.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you be willing to pay $4000 for a leather wrapped steering wheel/nob, fog lights, a useless grab handle and two tinted windows?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would you be willing to pay $4000 for a leather wrapped steering wheel/nob, fog lights, a useless grab handle and two tinted windows?
So your saying I should stick to the BB, lol?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So your saying I should stick to the BB, lol?
No, I'm saying that those are the items you get for $4000, when going from the Base to the BB (I missed tires $500). The only reason to buy the Big Bend over the Base is if you're also jumping to higher packages, or rear locker, and even then, it generally was a bad idea.

I'll also add that some features listed as mid package upgrades, are actually standard on every trim.

JJustice

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, I'm saying that those are the items you get for $4000, when going from the Base to the BB (I missed tires $500). The only reason to buy the Big Bend over the Base is if you're also jumping to higher packages, or rear locker, and even then, it generally was a bad idea.
Right.
In my own case, I really wanted the “mid” package, so I stepped up to BB… then added a few items.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I debated the OBX and the BB and decided on the OBX with an added rear locker b/c of the 4A, better interior - I think it’s the best interior of all the trims and has a nice brown leather option, signature lighting, and available 12” screen on the high/Lux packages. I also like the painted flares better than the standard ones but agree the wheels on the OBX are not the best looking or off-road capable and will look at aftermarket options along with a few other mods I’ll make. I think of the 4A as useful for on road bad weather driving over 20 mph and the 4H and 4L as off-road driving avg. under 20 but faster in 4H. Without 4A I think a Bronco might not be as capable as our Subaru for bad weather highway driving. Here’s a useful chart that was around at the launch.

https://i.redd.it/86l4gxay24b51.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I'll also add that some features listed as mid package upgrades, are actually standard on every trim.
Ok. I thought you were talking about going from BB to OBX for 4K extra. Maybe I should look for a base two door and just throw up some better wheels.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. I thought you were talking about going from BB to OBX for 4K extra. Maybe I should look for a base two door and just throw up some better wheels.
Lots of people don't even look at the Base, besides tires it has about $600 less in parts than a BB.

If you want the mod bumper, use also lose the fog-lights on every trim.

Around here, take-off wheel sets from BB/OBX/BD go for $500-600 on FB marketplace and craigslist (less than replacing tires alone). Lots of take-off sets listed from $800-$1200 but they never sell.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lots of people don't even look at the Base, besides tires it has about $600 less in parts than a BB.

If you want the mod bumper, use also lose the fog-lights on every trim.

Around here, take-off wheel sets from BB/OBX/BD go for $500-600 on FB marketplace and craigslist (less than replacing tires alone). Lots of take-off sets listed from $800-$1200 but they never sell.
I guess the biggest thing I'm looking at right now is whether to get one with full time 4wd option (4A) but it looks like that only comes as an option starting at the OBX level. I live in MI and we get quite a bit of snow and ice (it's freezing rain as I type this, lol). Trying to keep costs down though too, lol.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess the biggest thing I'm looking at right now is whether to get one with full time 4wd option (4A) but it looks like that only comes as an option starting at the OBX level. I live in MI and we get quite a bit of snow and ice (it's freezing rain as I type this, lol). Trying to keep costs down though too, lol.
That costs $4k over a Base with the Sasquatch package, ouch.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2Dr BB. I got it with SAS, mid, 2.7, auto, steps, mod bumper, and sig lights. the only thing I wanted that I don’t have and couldn’t get is the big screen. Otherwise the only difference between models is mostly the interiors and honestly they all suck. At least the BB is just black/grey so it goes with anything. Goingto get some Katzkins seats and a few other interior mods and it will look better than an OBX or wildtrack. Hopefully some day an aftermarket company comes out with a 12” screen.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Build a base sasquatch for 42k? And you get the advanced 4X4 with 4A. Can't go wrong. You can always barter parts up or down. I have a basesquatch. Paid 300 for window tint, 150 for hitch and wiring and I'm content. I don't notice the 2 door noise as I'm coming from a wrangler TJ......
Sponsored