Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking at getting most likely a 2 door Bronco. TBH this Bronco will probably never see any off road action other than a dirt road (please don't throw stones, lol). Anyway I not sure if I should go with a BB or an Outer Banks without many (if any) options. What are the advantages (in the real world) of going with an OB over a BB?

Feel free to offer up any advice. Any reason not to go with the 2DR outside of less room, etc? I would be going with the auto trans also.

Fire away...
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you care about packages higher than the mid? Opting for leather? Do you need want the advance transfer case

These are the questions you need to ask. I was between both trims myself. In the end, I knew I wasn't going to spring for leather, the mid package had everything I wanted. So I didn't want to pay more for slightly nicer cloth seats, and matched flares, caps, handles.

Roadbronc

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Echo, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also had the very same questions in my head and also decided the OBX just wasn't $3K nicer and went with BB. Now that I have the BB, I really like the black flares & mirrors better. Also, if you keep your wheels, there are better tire choices in the BB 17's than the 18's of the OBX.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A 2 door automatic BB with mid package has the same basic specs as an OB, $43765 vs $46245 both with rear limited slip added. That extra money gets you painted flares/handles, black grille, 18" wheels, the signature lights and I'm sure a few other things .

Here's the build and price, use the compare which is below to see what else I missed:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/model/customize/base?gnav=header-suvs-bp

All really depends on what you can and can't live with.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you care about packages higher than the mid? Opting for leather? Do you need want the advance transfer case

These are the questions you need to ask. I was between both trims myself. In the end, I knew I wasn't going to spring for leather, the mid package had everything I wanted. So I didn't want to pay more for slightly nicer cloth seats, and matched flares, caps, handles.
Very good points and thanks for the reply. Excuse my stupidity but what exactly is the advance transfer case? Are you talking about the 4A system?

So the OB has slightly nicer cloth seats? Also it looks like the OB has a sound deadening headliner - does that really make a difference? I haven't driven a Bronco yet but have ridden in a few soft tops. Curious how the noise is inside with the hard top?

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very good points and thanks for the reply. Excuse my stupidity but what exactly is the advance transfer case? Are you talking about the 4A system?

So the OB has slightly nicer cloth seats? Also it looks like the OB has a sound deadening headliner - does that really make a difference? I haven't driven a Bronco yet but have ridden in a few soft tops. Curious how the noise is inside with the hard top?
Yes the 4A system. you can option that standalone on the OBX, but in the BB can only get it with the SAS package. I don't have it, would it be nice for days like today with ice and freezing rain and snow yeah but not necessary.

The seats in the OBX I guess have a pattern/texture/ribbed to them. Probably not using the right terminology lol. But other than that an OBX with the mid is the same inside as the BB with the mid.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes the 4A system. you can option that standalone on the OBX, but in the BB can only get it with the SAS package. I don't have it, would it be nice for days like today with ice and freezing rain and snow yeah but not necessary.

The seats in the OBX I guess have a pattern/texture/ribbed to them. Probably not using the right terminology lol. But other than that an OBX with the mid is the same inside as the BB with the mid.
So if I don't have the 4A system can I put it in 4wd and drive across town or even on the highway in bad weather or is that not a good idea? I'm a little unclear about what's ok and not ok with the 4wd system.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also had the very same questions in my head and also decided the OBX just wasn't $3K nicer and went with BB. Now that I have the BB, I really like the black flares & mirrors better. Also, if you keep your wheels, there are better tire choices in the BB 17's than the 18's of the OBX.
I think I do like the BB with the black flares and mirrors better than the OBX. Also I didn't realize the two had different wheel size so thanks for pointing that out.

How is the ride quality on the 2dr? I used to have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr back in the day and I loved that thing.

Also is the 2dr noisy inside?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if I don't have the 4A system can I put it in 4wd and drive across town or even on the highway in bad weather or is that not a good idea? I'm a little unclear about what's ok and not ok with the 4wd system.
If you don't have the 4A system, only use 4H in low traction situations. IE if there's snow on the ground, or your off road. Don't drive in 4H on dry pavement. For me, if its snowing out or slick out, I'll flip it into 4H till I get going then shift back to 2H unless there is a god amount of snow on the ground.

4A you can just hit 4A and let the computer do the thinking.

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at getting most likely a 2 door Bronco. TBH this Bronco will probably never see any off road action other than a dirt road (please don't throw stones, lol). Anyway I not sure if I should go with a BB or an Outer Banks without many (if any) options. What are the advantages (in the real world) of going with an OB over a BB?

Feel free to offer up any advice. Any reason not to go with the 2DR outside of less room, etc? I would be going with the auto trans also.

Fire away...
I bought the Base with the v6 and hard top, I have had it for over a year and love it! I just changed the rims and tires on it made all the difference. I'm pretty much like you my daily driver and some light dirt roads and mud!! Just comes down to how much you want to spend on the extra goodies. I figured the money I saved I can spend on the upgrades I want.

JJustice

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And BB rims can accept a more aggressive tireā€¦ these are Coopers (but Iā€™ve forgotten the size at the moment).
Ford Bronco Advice on BB or Outer Banks D64A16DF-52FD-4A36-A9C0-BF0FC0B344FD

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'll add one more thing, if you haven't looked at the Heritage you might, based on the BB with squatch and mid but higher cost.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And BB rims can accept a more aggressive tireā€¦ these are Coopers (but Iā€™ve forgotten the size at the moment).
D64A16DF-52FD-4A36-A9C0-BF0FC0B344FD.jpeg
Do you have any more pics of your BB? I'm really liking that red color.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Exactly this. If you want high, lux, or 4A then get an OBX.

I was considering BB with sig lighting but ended up being pulled to OBX for the 12ā€ infotainment.
Sponsored