Sponsored

Advice on how to remove plastic screws to access brake lights?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you please explain what "negative pressure" means?

It would have been nice to find a better way than what I had to do.
Exactly what it sounds like. You can’t have any forward positive pressure on those things. Unscrew and pull out at same time. Takes a little practice. Or just gorilla them out and replace works too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can buy a trailer light tester on Amazon for $7.00 if you are interested in testing your wiring prowess.
I have one and was thinking of doing that. Figured I needed a second person to step on the brake, etc.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly what it sounds like. You can’t have any forward positive pressure on those things. Unscrew and pull out at same time. Takes a little practice. Or just gorilla them out and replace works too.
The ones that wouldn’t come out o cut with wire clippers. $.50 ea to replace at my local hardware store.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. WeatherTech includes screws with clips to go behind them, so they're easy to install and remove. I doubt I will want to take the mud flaps back off, but it would be easy enough to do so.
I have the weather techs on the fronts as well.

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of mine would not come out, and some would unscrew easily.

i drilled a small screw into the head of the plastic screw and used that to turn and pull out the screws. Lowes has replacements, or even buy a set on Amazon. They were frustrating to remove!

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one and was thinking of doing that. Figured I needed a second person to step on the brake, etc.
That or just turn on your hazards. If your hazards work, I believe the rest likely work, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: fv9

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those screws are painful. I use a brand new Phillips tip that’s a tiny bit tight. Gives enough grip to pull very lightly as I unscrew. I will say they are A PITA
Sponsored