Sponsored

Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, I wonder if they moved the ACC sensor to the center on the Bronco. Both bumpers seem to have this little trim piece in the middle. And by the looks of the modular bumper, there is not a place to mount the sensor off to the side.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605713695360

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605713802398

Now I am also wondering if you place a big winch in front of that sensor does it render ACC useless?

Edit. Added pics of the capable bumper that shows the trim piece in the middle as well and the winch mount which appears to be above what may or may not be the ACC sensor.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605714271774

Ford Bronco Aftermarket front bumper upgrades? 360 camera issues? 1605714315335
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ACC is a Lux package only option, if I'm not mistaken. I'm assuming the cutouts are for the basic Co-pilot 360 sensors, which all models have.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would have been so nice if Ford offered a "safety package" with ACC and proximity sensors instead of integrated them into other packages. I want all the cool interior stuff, but I do not want to deal with these sensors! Because of this, I will likely stick with the modular front bumper for at least the first year or so... I will also be holding off on a winch because I don't like Ford's current solution.

I guess worst case scenario I could eliminate the sensors, but that just feels like such a waste and I'm not sure if it would cause other problems within the system. I also think I am too cheap not to use or completely remove a feature that I paid for. :ROFLMAO:

I recall ARB offering bumpers that accommodate proximity sensors on other vehicles. Maybe they will have something for the Bronco? Not really my style, but I know they are a very reputable company.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With as many questions I have about my Bronco, I am not even thinking about the bumper upgrade yet. I know that the front camera issues with a winch are a major issue for me, so I am like many, waiting to see what happens. I will likely drive it as is for a bit and let all these things sort it out. It is bad enough I am an early-adopter on the Bronco, I don't want to compound it as an early-adopter of after-market stuff.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With as many questions I have about my Bronco, I am not even thinking about the bumper upgrade yet. I know that the front camera issues with a winch are a major issue for me, so I am like many, waiting to see what happens. I will likely drive it as is for a bit and let all these things sort it out. It is bad enough I am an early-adopter on the Bronco, I don't want to compound it as an early-adopter of after-market stuff.
I feel similarly, though I am already planning on a different RTT than what is offered by Ford (see my avatar) because its lighter and cheaper. The only reason I'm hung up on this is that I would prefer to get some accessories bundled into my vehicle loan vs convincing my wife that I need to go buy a bunch of expensive add ons to my already expensive toy. Also really want the winch but am concerned with the trail cam being covered up. I do plan to get the 360 cams though, which I think are mounted on the rearview mirrors, and I'm hoping that the combo of those plus rock lights will make up for the trail cam being covered. Plus if I need a spotter I'll just send my son out with a walkie haha

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will have to say that for a company that is supposed to be off road focused... sure seems like they totally missed the mark on one of the first upgrades folks do to their rigs.... bumpers and winches.

Guess they were to focused on stationary mirrors and interior colors :p

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will have to say that for a company that is supposed to be off road focused... sure seems like they totally missed the mark on one of the first upgrades folks do to their rigs.... bumpers and winches.

Guess they were to focused on stationary mirrors and interior colors :p
It would be an epic fail for them to completely ignore the high probability that people will replace the front bumper or mount a winch on this kind of vehicle. It's not as if they couldn't just look at the millions of Wranglers and 4Runners for the last few decades and understand why sensors in the bumper would be a bad design if people want to remove it, or putting the forward facing TRAIL camera behind the winch would be dumb.

I have to wonder who the subject matter experts they used were.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel similarly, though I am already planning on a different RTT than what is offered by Ford (see my avatar) because its lighter and cheaper. The only reason I'm hung up on this is that I would prefer to get some accessories bundled into my vehicle loan vs convincing my wife that I need to go buy a bunch of expensive add ons to my already expensive toy. Also really want the winch but am concerned with the trail cam being covered up. I do plan to get the 360 cams though, which I think are mounted on the rearview mirrors, and I'm hoping that the combo of those plus rock lights will make up for the trail cam being covered. Plus if I need a spotter I'll just send my son out with a walkie haha
As it stands, I will get the rock lights from the factory. The rest I 100% agree with. The Bronco "Virtual Spotter" technology is something I want.
Sponsored