Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the part number indeed has rolled. The Service Manager looked up the steering wheel airbag cover part number for my VIN, and it ended in, "AA". New part number is, "AB", although what changed is unclear.

Maybe @flip knows?
Verified the part does supersede to -AB, but does not say why. Usually they do this when it's a design or supplier change. The assumption here would be edits system has seen a higher than usual number of base part number 78043B13 come though, engineering looked into it and figured out what the problem was and had the supplier change something (material, thickness, more reinforcement, etc). The new number started being used 6/24/22 and is also the service replacement for everything back to 5/3/21 with the exception of the two below.

Ford Bronco Airbag cover splitting 1675339757900
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Verified the part does supersede to -AB, but does not say why. Usually they do this when it's a design or supplier change. The assumption here would be edits system has seen a higher than usual number of base part number 78043B13 come though, engineering looked into it and figured out what the problem was and had the supplier change something (material, thickness, more reinforcement, etc). The new number started being used 6/24/22 and is also the service replacement for everything back to 5/3/21 with the exception of the two below.

You are so awesome, @flip! Thank you!!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the details flip! with My truck being built in December I am hoping I won't see this issue

Willhunt4food

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Firebird; 1981 CJ7; 1990 K5; 2007 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built 11/16/22 and has had it from day one. Thought it was scratched at dealer.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need to try a different dealer or contact Ford through their social channels.
The airbag is only $600, two more visits and denials and I could have bought it myself.