Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone else seen anything like this?

The line started very faint about 2-3 months ago… now very prominent

It is not a scratch, the line is raised…
C85B1CB6-3072-4A9F-9F71-94C8C1D71C3A.jpeg
FEF66068-1C06-4AE6-BC1D-0D059648BDC8.jpeg
Yup, same as all the other threads on this. You asked if it has happened before, try using the search function and it would have answered your question.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
bmtul

bmtul

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak; Abarth 124
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, same as all the other threads on this. You asked if it has happened before, try using the search function and it would have answered your question.
did you try it before you wrote this?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ivery
did you try it before you wrote this?
Used the search function many times to look up information. In fact, I have a fairly consistent forum history of using the search function and participating in threads.

However, just for you, I discovered a suuuuuuuuuper secret way to find things, the keywords were vast and complicated.....

"Airbag cover"

Ford Bronco Airbag cover splitting Screenshot_20221130_073713_Chrome

Within the first three hits above for a 2-word search opened pandoras box of other links within threads and references of this issue going back to MY21.

So, um, yea, the search function does work for self-education. Is it immediate and as "socially appropriate in 2022 to not have to lift a finger for yourself, just demand others to provide for you"? Probably not.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is cracked. At the dealer in Anacortes now; he maintains its a scratch, from my ring or jewelry. Not covering it. Showing him pics an posts from this forum didn't help. Says its a scratch.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is crasked. At the dealer in Anacortes now; he maintains its a scratch, from my ring or jewelry. Not covering it. Showing him pics an posts from this forum didn't help. Says its a scratch.
That's frustrating but give it some time and it will get worse and more obvious. I go in later this month for my trans noise and will point out the airbag then. This is how much mine has progressed.

PXL_20230201_202528283.jpg

• Sad

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is crasked. At the dealer in Anacortes now; he maintains its a scratch, from my ring or jewelry. Not covering it. Showing him pics an posts from this forum didn't help. Says its a scratch.
I'd honestly try another dealership.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's frustrating but give it some time and it will get worse and more obvious. I go in later this month for my trans noise and will point out the airbag then. This is how much mine has progressed.

Ford Bronco Airbag cover splitting PXL_20230201_202528283
It's IS frustrating!

Ford Bronco Airbag cover splitting 20230117_152714

And now I learn they only rotate the spare in on Customer Request, stated it does NOT have TPS, and don't know the rotation pattern.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And now I learn they only rotate the spare in on Customer Request, stated it does NOT have TPS, and don't know the rotation pattern.
And we know that's BS. I'd be trying another dealer if it isn't too inconvenient.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: Service Manager submitted the cracked cover issue with pic to some higher level (not the within the dealership) person, with a pic. Answer got returned that if the crack goes to the "B" in airbag, they will replace it.

He is gonna check to see if the part number has rolled. If not, what's the point, as the replacement will do the same thing.

Ford Bronco Airbag cover splitting 20230117_152714

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He is gonna check to see if the part number has rolled. If not, what's the point, as the replacement will do the same thing.
Please keep us updated because I feel the same. Although it seems like not everyone has this problem so maybe it's just a poor QC issue.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please keep us updated because I feel the same. Although it seems like not everyone has this problem so maybe it's just a poor QC issue.
Well, the part number indeed has rolled. The Service Manager looked up the steering wheel airbag cover part number for my VIN, and it ended in, "AA". New part number is, "AB", although what changed is unclear.

Maybe @flip knows?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the very small start of a crack, but will probably wait until it gets worse. I think if I took it in now they would look at me like I am crazy and say it is just a scratch as well.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the very small start of a crack, but will probably wait until it gets worse. I think if I took it in now they would look at me like I am crazy and say it is just a scratch as well.
Keep an eye on it. If the crack extends to/thru the, "B", in "Airbag", the Warranty Administrator for my dealership said it would be covered. Perhaps that is the deciding factor.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your dealer has apparently hired lazy dumbass idiots. Take the issue to upper management, and see if it gets remedied. Then there is ford corporate next.
Agree. The Service Manager hopefully learned our spare tire/wheel assemblies also come with TPS, too.

Glad I stood firm on the airbag crack, insisted on rotating the spare in to the right rear tire placement and showed him the rotation pattern, and asserted it DOES have TPS.
Sponsored