Sponsored

Alignment question: front camber not in spec as set by Ford?

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had an oil change and an alignment done at that dealer this morning at 16,000 miles. Was a little out of alignment, but I don’t have an issue with that since I’ve done some light off-roading. However the clerk told me they couldn’t get the front camber in spec. I asked why and she went to get the technician. He told me this was set by the manufacturer and could not be changed. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or has been told the same?
Ford Bronco Alignment question: front camber not in spec as set by Ford? 88A3500B-966F-455C-8042-A84A347345E9
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an oil change and an alignment done at that dealer this morning at 16,000 miles. Was a little out of alignment, but I don’t have an issue with that since I’ve done some light off-roading. However the clerk told me they couldn’t get the front camber in spec. I asked why and she went to get the technician. He told me this was set by the manufacturer and could not be changed. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or has been told the same?
Ford Bronco Alignment question: front camber not in spec as set by Ford? 88A3500B-966F-455C-8042-A84A347345E9
Go somewhere else. My camber was adjusted by a tire shop after I installed a lift

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sheet you have says the caster is off, not the camber.
True dat.

And all three measurements are adjustable or there would not need to be a measurement. And showing green before the right front camber is just fine. What they did not otlr could not figure how to was right front caster. Caster is what allows wheels to return to straight forward after turning or even simple maneuvers allowing for hands off wheel return to straight.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Adjusting Castor and Camber is on the lower control arms. Here is how you do that in general with eccentrics on the lower control arm.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is how the caster & camber adjustment is done for Bronco using the two cam bolts on the lower arms. If front alignment to spec is not possible, parts probably need to be replaced (bent, etc). Just look at the cams and see if they are already at min or max offset (no adjustment range left). An aftermarket UCA can provide additional adjustment range.

The rear is not easily adjustable (just a check for bent frame, etc).

Ford Bronco Alignment question: front camber not in spec as set by Ford? 1680383120393

Last edited:

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks to me that your dealer tech, supposed tech, just adjusted your tie rods. This is yet another reason I will never use a dealer for anything but a major warranty item and I despise even having to think about that. They aren't techs, they aren't gear heads, I don't know what they are, but they sure as hell shouldn't be called a tech or a mechanic!
Sponsored