Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't want to hear this, but your place in line matters not now. Allocation of parts is all that matters. One dealer told me I was about 65th percentile based on my reservation. He had 30-something and I would have been in the 20's.

I went to a smaller dealer with 15 sales, so I assume I should have been 10-12....I got bumped to #2. Yes, 2!!! Not fair to all the others way in front of me, but is what it is. Switching to the soft top made it happen just before the order deadline came....

Sorry, not what you wanted to hear.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And does dealer stock count toward allocations too?
Yes.

There is a finite number of Broncos Ford expects to be able to produce in MY21.

That number, divided by their 3,000 or so dealerships, is how they got to each dealer's allocation number.

Stock units must come out of allocation because there isn't any additional Bronco production capacity laying around. Every single MY21 Bronco is already accounted for, first as a customer's retail order and if there are none that can be built, then it goes to a stock order.

The reason why they are producing stock units when they can't produce customer units are two fold:

1. It keeps the line running. If they have the capacity, there is no sense in shutting down the line. Keep those Bronco's rolling.

2. It allows dealerships to continue to capitalize on the Bronco reveal. If some Mom & Pop dealership was supposed to get a retail order next month, but none of their customers were willing to modify their orders to be built, this keeps a Bronco headed they way for them to sell and create buzz around. (This is also why they are honoring the allocation allotments conveyed to each dealer rather than giving more Broncos to Dealer B just because they have more buildable units... sending a stock unit to a dealership means any sales expectations the dealership had around the Bronco are still true.)

The main thing to understand here is that stock units are only being built and shipped when there are no buildable customer orders at the dealership. No customer at a dealership is being passed over if their build is buildable.... and this is also why stock units are only of a certain type (4-door soft tops, etc). For example, Granger has so many customer orders that they have yet to expect a stock Bronco... their roster of retails are so deep, Ford can keep finding customer orders to build.

Unfortunately they do go against allocation, so it does mean that one less retail order will be a MY21, and that person will have to wait... but they were going to have to wait anyway since the parts weren't available... so this at least keeps the broncos flowing.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks @ZackDanger There are dealerships out there telling customers that’s not how the allocations work. (Stock units don’t count toward allocations.) I just don’t want customers to be sad when they get told incorrectly.

OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m thinking I have a pretty good chance at a 21 with early reservation and being the first order at my dealer ( and I’m pretty sure I’m the only 2Dr ). I was just worried about being pushed back by the dealer, I didn’t know if they could push you back or not, I understand the constraints and being skipped because of no parts.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't want to hear this, but your place in line matters not now. Allocation of parts is all that matters. One dealer told me I was about 65th percentile based on my reservation. He had 30-something and I would have been in the 20's.

I went to a smaller dealer with 15 sales, so I assume I should have been 10-12....I got bumped to #2. Yes, 2!!! Not fair to all the others way in front of me, but is what it is. Switching to the soft top made it happen just before the order deadline came....

Sorry, not what you wanted to hear.
What the actually order is for, and what commodities are available, are by far and away the most important factor on whether a build gets built.

BUT

If there are two identical builds at a dealer, preference will go to the one with the earlier time stamp.

It's not fair to say that timestamps don't matter... because they do.... but yes, if someone wants a bronco as quick as possible there are ways they can manipulate their build to effectively jump to the front of the line.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Priority may push you back 2-3 spots AT MOST. Some dealers didn’t even get priority spots and most got 1. Unless you’re at a huge dealer they probably didn’t get 3 priority slots.

It’s really not as big of an issue as some of the alarmists here want you to believe.

Your biggest problem is being a 2 door. If they can’t build 2 door MIC tops, or don’t have enough, someone behind you in your dealer’s allocation may jump in front of you if they have a buildable unit. Say a 4D soft top.

Your time stamp still matters very much, but if someone behind you has a spec that has parts available and yours doesn’t, they’ll get their truck before you do.
Sponsored