Sponsored

Am I the only redneck on here planning a pure redneck build?.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Initially I thought Maverick was in Tennessee or Arkansas, but then I see his zip code is nowhere near Redneck Country:

Ford Bronco Am I the only redneck on here planning a pure redneck build?. Maui_Redneck
Sponsored

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just donā€™t build it with Harbor Freight Jack stands, I hear they are letting people down....... on top of them. :)
Sadly no harbor freight here.

Your body your choice (y)
I am curious what you have in mind for a home-made bumper though - do tell!
It all depends on what the modular bumper allows me to do with the winch. Im thinking square tube heavy wall with a lil plating maybe some grill and headlight protection. Probably embed some lights and maybe expanded metal to fill in gaps between it and skid plates if necessary. A rear bumper needs to be simple, places to step, metal and have a hitch.

I may get into homemade bumpers. I picked up an AC/DC TIG welder recently. I may mess about with some aluminum and see what I can do.

super stampers, not so much. @MaverickMan youā€™re all about those older tread patterns! Iā€™ll stick with a more modern AT design. I do like the tall skinny size though. I ordered a Base Sasquatch 4 door and itā€™s going to stay *mostly* stock. 315s seem too wide for my taste but Iā€™ll give it a go. If Base 4 door had a manual option I might have done that w/o Sasquatch, and just put 255/85R16s on it. But, Base model w/ Sasquatch is one heck of a deal. Iā€™m really looking forward to enjoying it. Would love to do the entire TAT with the family.

EDIT the term ā€œrimsā€ bothers me too!
Unfortunately I have yet to find a affordable source of gas for welding aluminum here. But aluminum would be preferred. I would love to do TAT one day living in Hawaii it may not ever happen in full but I may do parts of it. However if Im gonna be a 100% off road for several thousand miles bias ply swampers make more sense than anything designed for pavement šŸ¤™
One day. I mean if its got a frame a SBF will fit. I tried to get a co worker to get a 69 ranger a few weeks back, but someone scooped it on him. 390 4spd long bed 4x4. Minor rust and bad hubs but only $2000.
Definitely getting the Harbor Freight winch, Badland. It makes sense due to the name and the reviews. And most definitely CHROME!!!
I mean you could buy one for the front and rear and an entire recovery kit plus dinner at a steakhouse for the price of Warn.
For hobby stuff (thinner metal) they have ā€œdecentā€ welders... the 240V spot welder is decent too. However, Iā€™d rather get discount type tools from Northern Tool. Just my opinion though
The closest thing Maui has to discount anything is Home Depot. So I risk amazon for cheap tools. Strikes and gutters mostly.
Well, I don't know about the rest, but I do like your choice of chrome wheels. This black wheel fad needs to come to a quick end. I tried to buy Chrome Mickey Thompson Classic III Wheels for my F-150 in the 6x135 Bolt pattern and they don't even make them anymore. I called Mickey Thompson corporate and they said no one buys them.

Speaking of which, if anyone happens to have a set ( 5 ) of Mickey Thompson Classic III's in the 6x135 pattern and 17 in I will trade you the set of Raptor Wheels I currently have. I bought them from a guy that wanted to run his Raptor on 20 inch Rockstar? wheels. I got the entire set for $400.

It's either that or I am going to break down and buy the method 202 in chrome. I am having a hard time justifying the $1400 price to myself though. Still...forged aluminum....looks good and it's light.

I will never understand why everyone is trying to make their car look like a military vehicle. <smh>
For real I believe wheel trends have been all down hill since spinners.
they make C5 vette's for people like OP...
Dont you mean C5 vettes minus the cumbersome fiberglass body. VETTEKART! Bring on the leaf blowers!

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm glad yall are having fun with my crazy ideas. I do want my Bronco to be unique. I like building my own stuff, and cant afford to buy the fancy stuff. Doing what I can with what I got is a big part of my psyche.

I still am suprised alot of you are afraid of swampers. Honestly I'm afraid to do any kind of regular proper wheeling without them. Especially if its far from home. I also think the Broncos suspension will smooth out most everything but the airplane sound. Which I absolutely love! They will make my Bronco sing.

It will take a while for me to get a Bronco probably late next year. But until then I will be crawling around on the ground almost everytime I see one to figure out how I am going to modify mine. I probably wont do anything I cant undo until I pay off my loan but after that I will start to have some real fun. I do think this thing is gonna be rediculously easy to modify to all our individual tastes and then pull all the original equipment out of storage and slap it back to stock. Cant wait to find someone to swap door colors with!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im talking about....
Home made bumpers
Harbor freight winches
Cheap led lights
Super Swampers
Outlaw, western, steel or other old skool wheels(not rims!)
Small tv screens in dash
Lift kits not leveling kits
Mud everywhere
Not murdering all colors
Dare I say chome?

Just curious. To see if I am going to have a real stand out Bronco or not.

Also has anyone else here not owned a car made in this millenuim?
The newest I've ever had was this 96 Bronco I am sitting in. I also havent really ever had the serious desire for any other car built after this with maybe the exception of 2nd gen Lightning.

Is there any one else on here who is old skool through and through and will stick to their style even with a new Bronco?

Just curious. No judgments on your life choices.
OH YEAH Bubba .... you be standin' out with that recipe

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm glad yall are having fun with my crazy ideas. I do want my Bronco to be unique. I like building my own stuff, and cant afford to buy the fancy stuff. Doing what I can with what I got is a big part of my psyche.

I still am suprised alot of you are afraid of swampers. Honestly I'm afraid to do any kind of regular proper wheeling without them. Especially if its far from home. I also think the Broncos suspension will smooth out most everything but the airplane sound. Which I absolutely love! They will make my Bronco sing.

It will take a while for me to get a Bronco probably late next year. But until then I will be crawling around on the ground almost everytime I see one to figure out how I am going to modify mine. I probably wont do anything I cant undo until I pay off my loan but after that I will start to have some real fun. I do think this thing is gonna be rediculously easy to modify to all our individual tastes and then pull all the original equipment out of storage and slap it back to stock. Cant wait to find someone to swap door colors with!
I think you just need to post more pics of those sweet go-cart mowers you built

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HF winch for sure, would like to see some chrome body molding/trim in that body line, script badging (maybe even have black diamond in the old script) some chrome centers for the steelies... might look like shite, might be cool šŸ˜Ž

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get your pieces cut up and send em to me... Iā€™ll weld it up for ya... I bet the postage would be a bit high though!?!?

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You remind me so much of my brother, in the best possible way. He was Duck Dynasty before they ever thought up the marketing scheme, to include the beard. I have seen him craft every type of 4x4 configuration possible out of necessity and creativity. I will also tell you that when I roll up on his hunting camp in the Green Swamp (Florida) next year, in my new Badlands, I will be the odd man out. I can hear it now, "Built not Bought, little Brother!" šŸ¤™

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have picked the right canvas.

I have heard from a fairly reliable source (not Levine) that the Bronco is modular. With its modularity you can be modular. Even if you decide to use your modularity opportunity to modularize things that the majority of mankind would never dream to make modular.

I am sure that with the low modulus for your stated redneck modularity, the module enhancements you envision will modularize your Bronco in a manner that you and your wife will find pleasantly modular.
Congratulations on your use of the rhetorical device, repetition, in this forum post. I will be giving out certificates for superlatives at the end of the school year.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im talking about....
Home made bumpers
Harbor freight winches
Cheap led lights
Super Swampers
Outlaw, western, steel or other old skool wheels(not rims!)
Small tv screens in dash
Lift kits not leveling kits
Mud everywhere
Not murdering all colors
Dare I say chome?

Just curious. To see if I am going to have a real stand out Bronco or not.

Also has anyone else here not owned a car made in this millenuim?
The newest I've ever had was this 96 Bronco I am sitting in. I also havent really ever had the serious desire for any other car built after this with maybe the exception of 2nd gen Lightning.

Is there any one else on here who is old skool through and through and will stick to their style even with a new Bronco?

Just curious. No judgments on your life choices.
Tell me more about these small TV screens in the dash. This is sounding like a 70s-80s TV show bad guy mobile more than a redneck vehicle.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still am suprised alot of you are afraid of swampers.
IMHO, while great at mud, they are not good for anything else. I've seen too many people have serious traction issues rock crawling on all different types of Interco tires. Around my area the IROK was super popular cause it was 1" wider on a 35" tire. But then once people got it or swampers, "the unable to balance the tire for the street" comments would start popping up. The IROK was heavy as hell too. 81lbs for a 35. šŸ˜³
Their tire sizes are actual size whereas, as an example, a lot of competition 35" tires are barely more than a 34" tire.

I am a Maxxis guy and take it 1 step further, I roll on Bias Ply. They really allow the tire to wrap around the rocks.

While I have had good on road success with Goodyear MTRs and good rock traction off road. They have not been durable in my case. I've had numerous sidewall failure whether it was a puncture or had them get a large air bubble. As such, I am most likely going to get a second set of rims and tires for Off-Road. But I will wait and give them a chance at least while I test out the capabilities of the Bronco in stock form. Its always fun figuring out what works and what doesn't and then correcting it.

Anyway, that's all the information my Holiday Inn had in it's night stand.
I'll have to reserve another night, if anyone has any further comments/questions.
:)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I prefer Chik-fila sauce. Itā€™s delicious. Have you tried it?
Yes. I like the modified honey mustard BBQ ranch "base sauce with the 30 inch steel wheels".

...but I also like Sweet & Spicy Sriracha sauce, which is the Sasquatch of sauces.

Also, I like Popeye's and even Shake Shack chicken sandwiches more, especially on Sundays.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
they make C5 vette's for people like OP...
A friend of mine in high school bragged that he just got a 'Vette.

After rolling my eyes and "yeah yeah yeah-ing" him a few times, I agreed to check it out at the movie theater parking lot (where we worked).

He was right and I was wrong to mock him.

He got a 'Vette alright... A CHEVETTE!
Sponsored