Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How easy was it to feed the main wire down the drivers side trim and pillar, did you have to remove trim or can you feed it down without?, did you not use the fuse panel that came with the switches and use the bronco fuses? Did you just tie right into the wire harness that’s left bundled and disconnected on drivers side? Thxs, I have the auxbeam panel and would like to do this
I was able to feed the wire without removing any panels. Just the door gasket . I used the fuse panel that came with the unit and yes I was able to tie into the harness.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had that same unit. Went through two of them in my '96 before switching to an AuxBeam switch setup. The switches in the amazon one would stick on or off, and eventually (usually at 45-60 days) would stop working all together. Was only used for ditch lights (deer spotters) and bumper lights (amber for snow). Both low amp installs. AuxBeam has been in place for a year running the same lights as before + a GMRS radio and an air compressor.
I been running everything with no issues. Bunper lights, ditch lights, chase light , and rugged gmrs.

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I been running everything with no issues. Bunper lights, ditch lights, chase light , and rugged gmrs.
Sorry, probably wasn't clear. I posted what I was running as I don't think it was an amperage issue that caused the failure(s) on the amazon switch. I think it was in the switch buttons where the failures occurred.

OP
OP

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, probably wasn't clear. I posted what I was running as I don't think it was an amperage issue that caused the failure(s) on the amazon switch. I think it was in the switch buttons where the failures occurred.
I had another one on my 96 that really sucked. The buttons where hard, and it died within a month. It was 80 bucks. The diffrence 20 dollars makes..lol

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had another one on my 96 that really sucked. The buttons where hard, and it died within a month. It was 80 bucks. The diffrence 20 dollars makes..lol
Agreed. That and 900 positive reviews with no failure... then I get two failures. WTH?

Sponsored

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if that wire would snake all the way down pillar etc without removing trim which I don’t like doing if i can avoid it, ill give it a try…thanks again

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco doesn't have aux switches. So all I would have to do is buy this, wire it up, and then start adding lights etc? Or am i missing something?

OP
OP

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco doesn't have aux switches. So all I would have to do is buy this, wire it up, and then start adding lights etc? Or am i missing something?
Yup. My bronco was still pre-wired. Jsut added this guy and started wiring. I made a mount fornit.

Pit Bear

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I got my bronco delivered the aux switches where not added.
Mildly confused. Did you order the aux switches or was it supposed to come with the aux switches and they were not added? Or were you just hoping they would be there? That's how your post sounds. If so, why not just go back to your dealer and have them put them in?

If not, did you just make this discovery when it was delivered that it wasn't going to have them?

OP
OP

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mildly confused. Did you order the aux switches or was it supposed to come with the aux switches and they were not added? Or were you just hoping they would be there? That's how your post sounds. If so, why not just go back to your dealer and have them put them in?

If not, did you just make this discovery when it was delivered that it wasn't going to have them?
They weren't added at the factory. Refund was issued. I didn't really care to much since their is other solutions.

Sponsored

Stevervh

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I got my bronco delivered the aux switches where not added. However I did notice the bronco is still pre-wired to the diffrent locations. I purchased one of the Amazon swichbpanels and was able to jsut tap into the original witing.worked out perfect.
(Edit)
So here is the link to the Amazon switch panel i purchased
https://www.amazon.com/OFFROADTOWN-..._rd_i=B08DHL65NV&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_62_sc

I used double sided tape on the switchbpanel to avoid drilling and ran the wire down the driver side panel.
As for the fuse and relay box I made an aluminum bracket that bolted up right on top of the oem aux switch wiring. Although mine didn't come with the switches the wires are still their. Using the ford manual for the switch wiring I was easily able to to wire my chase light, bumper lights, ditch lights, and radio.

I've had this setup for almost 7 months now and I love it. Easy no drilling ,and we'll under 200 bucks..Can't beat it.

20220709_184830.jpg

20220608_144134.jpg

20220608_142203.jpg

20220714_054307.jpg
Where did you wire the small red wire that provides power to the switch unit? The instructions say to wire it to the radio or cigarette lighter fuse.

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did you wire the small red wire that provides power to the switch unit? The instructions say to wire it to the radio or cigarette lighter fuse.
Make sure you use two red fuses in that wire. I used 66
Sponsored