l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, got it, and I'm done! I finished 95% of it this past weekend, and had a chance to finish it up today, your replies were awesome and helped me cover it. It works perfectly off AUX 4, I skipped the little splice block and just crimped/shrunk the connection, and I appreciate the help. Now, to buy a hose setup!
Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I just received my box of goodies from American Adventure Lab to set up the same - and I will follow the excellent advice in this thread!

I will not be able to tackle the project for a month or two but I will definitely report back here.

Duncan Gonuts

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Fastback, 1967 Camaro SS Convertible,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco American Adventure Lab Tailgate Compressor Mount - Early Review IMG_4254

I need some help to find these four mounting pieces on the bottom of the compressor. ARB doesn’t sell them separately. I emailed them already and no go. Does anyone have any ideas on finding these? Maybe even other hardware you used to fit yours in the Adventure Labs compressor tailgate?

OP
OP
BadlandsJ

BadlandsJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco American Adventure Lab Tailgate Compressor Mount - Early Review IMG_4254

I need some help to find these four mounting pieces on the bottom of the compressor. ARB doesn’t sell them separately. I emailed them already and no go. Does anyone have any ideas on finding these? Maybe even other hardware you used to fit yours in the Adventure Labs compressor tailgate?
Maybe find a broken one for parts on eBay? That’s all I can think of. Perhaps a Google search for a replacement bracket… someone might make an aftermarket solution.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone installed one with the pressure control module? I have the installation 99% complete, but can't figure out where I am supposed to ground the pressure control switch? I ordered the wiring harness from AAL and the ring terminal is still on the pressure control black wire...it doesn't seem to have a natural ground location in the tailgate cavity and the wire isn't long enough to ground it anywhere else. Anyone solve this issue?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadlandsJ

BadlandsJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone installed one with the pressure control module? I have the installation 99% complete, but can't figure out where I am supposed to ground the pressure control switch? I ordered the wiring harness from AAL and the ring terminal is still on the pressure control black wire...it doesn't seem to have a natural ground location in the tailgate cavity and the wire isn't long enough to ground it anywhere else. Anyone solve this issue?
I haven't, but AAL's customer service was pretty helpful with a few questions I had regarding their intended connection points. I wouldn't hesitate to check with them to be sure.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am ready to report in! The installation was not straight forward in the sense that I was also juggling two other Mods at the same time - the JCR tailgate table along with the SRQ spare tire delete. Needless to say there is an order that everything must be done.

The most difficult part was the frustration of receiving an incomplete delivery from AAL. Most of the installation time was figuring out what I was missing, what I needed, and what all these extra parts are for? I spent a few hours figuring this all out.

@sadiki2527 said it best in his thread - “If you are planning on doing this install in the future reach out because there are some things that are not in the instructions that may keep you from scratching your head. Also bear in mind that they are for maybe five different sets of instructions depending on your application.”

That is the truth! I should have reached out!!! I did study his excellent detailed photos and started to piece it together. Finally when I figured out that ARB has two different air chucks (I received the wrong one), everything came together. I contacted AAL and they sent me all the missing components.

@BadlandsJ was very helpful with this thread. His videos were invaluable and I’m sure they saved me hours and hours of figuring out and frustration! I also used an Aux switch, same routing as you. Thank you.

The compressor is installed and running but I have not actually finished the job. I have not routed the main power wire through the driver’s side panel and up through the firewall. After wrestling wth the passenger side panel with the rear seats in, I decided to wait until I tackle the rear seat delete before removing the other panel and routing the wire. But, I set it up temporarily to make sure it was running.

Thanks to everyone for helping!
Ford Bronco American Adventure Lab Tailgate Compressor Mount - Early Review tempImage1LyU7x
Ford Bronco American Adventure Lab Tailgate Compressor Mount - Early Review tempImageamXEpV
Ford Bronco American Adventure Lab Tailgate Compressor Mount - Early Review tempImagensJmjq

Sponsored