Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.6R (for now)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posting here to get some feedback, see if anyone else had this issue and how AAL handle it.

I ordered the AAL P.A.C.S. Drawer recently and installed it yesterday with giddy excitement. Its well made, and exactly what I wanted to increase storage space and address my OCD about having everything I need be where it should be. Install was pretty easy, until I tried to re-install the drawer when I had nearly completed putting everything in my rig. It was very difficult to get the drawer in, but eventually I did.

Standing back to gawk at my new add on, I realized the issue. The drawer had been damaged during transit. Clearly some buffoon in the delivery process dropped the box and bent the hell out of the drawer face. However, the real problem seems to be that the passenger's side rail had also been damaged, causing the whole system to be racked in a manner that the drawer does not stay in there tightly.

Its functional, but not right. The drawer has far too much wiggle to it now and it moves around quite a bit while just driving on the road, never mind the trails.

After spending nearly $500 on shipping, I think I should have gotten more. Clearly, I should have carefully checked the delivery before installing but to my excited eyes its seemed fine.

Passenger side rail causing the racking:
Ford Bronco American Adventure Labs Drawer - Damaged Delivery PXL_20240427_161113184.RAW-01.COVER

Driver's side drawer face damage:
Ford Bronco American Adventure Labs Drawer - Damaged Delivery PXL_20240427_155732592.RAW-01.COVER
Ford Bronco American Adventure Labs Drawer - Damaged Delivery PXL_20240427_155735624.RAW-01.COVER
Ford Bronco American Adventure Labs Drawer - Damaged Delivery PXL_20240427_155730401.RAW-01.COVER
Ford Bronco American Adventure Labs Drawer - Damaged Delivery PXL_20240427_160348790.RAW-01.COVER

Any thought?
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After spending nearly $500 on shipping, I think I should have gotten more.
$500 to ship it? Where did it come from?
That looks pretty bad, I think I would send it back. On their dime.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, reach out to AAL. If youā€™re paying that much everything should work flawlessly.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say this is on whoever delivered it. Iā€™m assuming UPS. You should be able to file a claim with them.

i recently got a large order in from AAL. They forgot a few things, and sent some incorrect parts. It took 2 weeks of me bugging them, but they made it right.

Was your order wrapped up in that foam filler? Iā€™m surprised you didnā€™t notice it on install. The stuff they make it pretty dang sturdy, it had to have taken some force to bend it like that.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry but you're really not OCD if you did not notice all that when unpacking and certainly not if you had it all put together. You give people with OCD a bad name ,lol.

OP
OP
masshole

masshole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.6R (for now)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$500 to ship it? Where did it come from?
That looks pretty bad, I think I would send it back. On their dime.
AAL is in Utah and I'm in Mass. But the packaging was pretty well done.

OP
OP
masshole

masshole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.6R (for now)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say this is on whoever delivered it. Iā€™m assuming UPS. You should be able to file a claim with them.

i recently got a large order in from AAL. They forgot a few things, and sent some incorrect parts. It took 2 weeks of me bugging them, but they made it right.

Was your order wrapped up in that foam filler? Iā€™m surprised you didnā€™t notice it on install. The stuff they make it pretty dang sturdy, it had to have taken some force to bend it like that.
Yeah, when I saw that foam I was certain it was good. Just so damn excited to get it in the rig. But your right, it would have had to fallen off the truck.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shipping damage happens. Id first reach out to AAL and give them an opportunity to resolve the issue. Post back afterwards and share how things got resolved.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you still have the box and packing It was shipped In? It would have to be damaged for that to happen, and youā€™ll need proof if you have any hope of a successful claim. In any case I would file a claim with the shipping company (lots of photographs). You can call AAL, but donā€™t expect much.
The manufacturer has no responsibility for shipping damage. It is incumbent on the buyer to catch shipping damage at the time of receipt.
A lesson for everyone, inspect shipping containers upon receipt and photograph any damage to the container before opening.

Sponsored

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would call AAL and send an email with pictures. My dealings the AAL have been very pleasant and they have been nothing but remarkable.

OP
OP
masshole

masshole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.6R (for now)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you still have the box and packing It was shipped In? It would have to be damaged for that to happen, and youā€™ll need proof if you have any hope of a successful claim. In any case I would file a claim with the shipping company (lots of photographs). You can call AAL, but donā€™t expect much.
The manufacturer has no responsibility for shipping damage. It is incumbent on the buyer to catch shipping damage at the time of receipt.
A lesson for everyone, inspect shipping containers upon receipt and photograph any damage to the container before opening.
I would definitely agree. I'll reach out to AAL and hope they have experience with this. Appreciate the advice.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As others have said, contact the shipper and AAL. You may have difficulty filing a claim with the shipper if you already opened the box without taking pictures (don't mention that it's already installed). AAL has no obligation to fix it since they didn't damage it, but it's worth a shot. Honestly at this point it might be easier to fix it than to fight it.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe AAL (as shipper) can/should file the claim instead of you, I'd call them and see if they can help.

And I can understand your excitement, damn nice drawer !
Sponsored