Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

anyone get waze full screen? got my coolwalk, didnt try google maps, but waze is exactly as above. looks smaller then before
I haven't tried waze yet but I noticed I cant make calls. It does one half ring, then silence... when I try a second time, it goes thru. Recipients are saying they received the first missed call every time. Doesnt matter where I am or who I call. This has been an issue since my first update when I originally started the thread.

My friend just took delivery of his f150 lightening last week, also with an android based phone, and has the same issue. There were never any problems prior.
Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The update just kicked in this afternoon for me. It's convenient, but not life changing. The biggest difference is the text message panel that appears with two controls to mute or read the incoming text.

Full screen Google Maps is nice, too, though it doesn't have the dramatic impact I was expecting.

Not all Android Auto apps support full screen viewing, such as Spotify, so you have to play around to figure out what your options are since there is no visible full screen toggle on an app to app basis.

PXL_20230201_212043913.jpg

PXL_20230201_212034694.jpg

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got another update for 3.5.4.....however no notes on what changed.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some description for v3.5.4!! Message appeared after today's visit to the dealer for my 10K mile check-up:

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! Screenshot_20230202_001355_FordPass

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the record, it works on 8" displays too :)

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! Screenshot_20230202_001355_FordPass

I like it a lot.
How did you get it into split screen view? I got the update but can't get it to split screen...

jmbennett47

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I Coolwalk today but I'm not entirely sure. I will report back after I get off and go to my Bronco. What I did is clear my AA and Google Play Services cache. The reason I think I now have it is because the weather toggle in the AA setting is now gone. I had it before but I heard that not having it means you have Coolwalk.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get it into split screen view? I got the update but can't get it to split screen...
Once google hits the switch (figuratively) on the server side, you'll get the update enabled.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The button on the lower left is how I got mine. The 9 dots is taking it back to the menu. When going for split, it looks likes tiles. Waze doesn't work yet, got a pop up that says support is coming soon. Tiny 8" screen, but still much better.

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! 20230201_164408

Sponsored

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I must have upset the ANDROID GODS. Thursday I was blessed with the split screen update. Today I am back to no split screen. Lost the lower buttons showing apps open and the corner button to toggle views.
Has anyone upset ANDROID GODS or just me?

Tennessee Jed

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't tried waze yet but I noticed I cant make calls. It does one half ring, then silence... when I try a second time, it goes thru. Recipients are saying they received the first missed call every time. Doesnt matter where I am or who I call. This has been an issue since my first update when I originally started the thread.

My friend just took delivery of his f150 lightening last week, also with an android based phone, and has the same issue. There were never any problems prior.
I picked up my bronco a month ago, and I'd say I've only been able to connect on 10% of the calls I've tried to place.

It's infuriating.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping for some help here...

I have the new updates. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to maximize ONE app only. I'm stuck in split screen. Selecting an app just switches it to the main screen and shrinks the other. Any idea how to force full screen for one app only (ex. Full screen Google maps with no Spotify showing)?

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping for some help here...

I have the new updates. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to maximize ONE app only. I'm stuck in split screen. Selecting an app just switches it to the main screen and shrinks the other. Any idea how to force full screen for one app only (ex. Full screen Google maps with no Spotify showing)?
some apps are not full screen compatible yet. But for google maps, you simply touch the icon in the tray for maps until it switches to full screen

RUZ

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150, 2020 QX80
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
20230209_070436.jpg
Cool_whip.jpg