Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

8" screen: Is there anyway to change or add icons to the bottom of the screen where it shows: Map, Spotify, Phone, Settings? I actually listen to the AM/FM radio and it takes several clicks to get to the Ford Sync icon in the app drawer to change radio station while using maps. Be great if there was some way to have the Ford Sync Icon appear at the bottom next to the other icons.
Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! 20230210_102024
Sponsored

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Everglades: Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I have the same problem. I can’t get full screen Google maps. I always have the split screen with media on the right side. If I hit the maximize button it just toggles between the Ford tiles and back to split screen android auto. Did you get this resolved?
QUOTE="Bronc6g22, post: 1794610, member: 40894"]
Hoping for some help here...

I have the new updates. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to maximize ONE app only. I'm stuck in split screen. Selecting an app just switches it to the main screen and shrinks the other. Any idea how to force full screen for one app only (ex. Full screen Google maps with no Spotify showing)?
[/QUOTE]

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I finally got the coolwalk update and now every time I drive by a local fire dept. which has a cell tower in their parking lot, my AA disconnects.

I had this problem with a different cell tower for the first 8 months. One of the updates finally fixed it. Now the DAY it updates to coolwalk it starts doing it with a different cell tower 🤦‍♂️

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same problem. I can’t get full screen Google maps. I always have the split screen with media on the right side. If I hit the maximize button it just toggles between the Ford tiles and back to split screen android auto. Did you get this resolved?
QUOTE="Bronc6g22, post: 1794610, member: 40894"]
Hoping for some help here...

I have the new updates. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to maximize ONE app only. I'm stuck in split screen. Selecting an app just switches it to the main screen and shrinks the other. Any idea how to force full screen for one app only (ex. Full screen Google maps with no Spotify showing)?
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you don't have coolwalk yet. There's an intermediate update between factory and the latest coolwalk (which is rolling out in waves). You're in that intermediate stage.

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Sounds like you don't have coolwalk yet. There's an intermediate update between factory and the latest coolwalk (which is rolling out in waves). You're in that intermediate stage.

See attached screen pic. How can I tell if I have cool walk or not? Thanks for your help

27788DAB-A52A-43AE-A132-1D9E4834BD43.jpeg

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

See attached screen pic. How can I tell if I have cool walk or not? Thanks for your help

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! 27788DAB-A52A-43AE-A132-1D9E4834BD43
Looks like you have it. From there you should just press the maps button again for full screen maps

Squishie

Black Diamond
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the 8" display and like the new Split screen. I would like to change what links on the bottom of the screen. My biggest issue is Android Auto locks up and cannot get to the home screen. So sometimes I'm stuck on 1 screen and will not change till shut off the vehicle and restart the radio. Does not even power off the radio when stuck on the screen.

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Looks like you have it. From there you should just press the maps button again for full screen maps
That’s what I thought but there’s no way to expand maps full screen. Very odd.

Darkjeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cool walk is cool. I have had it in beta for a while. I just wish I could have gotten the same 12in screen as my F150 has in my bronco. I got cheap and picked from the dealer lot. I wish I had the sync buttons on the bottom most of all.

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Cool walk is cool. I have had it in beta for a while. I just wish I could have gotten the same 12in screen as my F150 has in my bronco. I got cheap and picked from the dealer lot. I wish I had the sync buttons on the bottom most of all.
Bigger screen is definitely nice. Now if I can just get the maps full screen I’d be all set! LOL

Sponsored

Darkjeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bigger screen is definitely nice. Now if I can just get the maps full screen I’d be all set! LOL
There is a way to do full screen maps, I think when I turned on the XM and used the maps it did go full screen the other day.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just discovered that I now have Coolwalk - not sure since when, but definitely within the last week or so. Sync vers. 4.0.22294

Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! PXL_20230210_162822344

Blancobg6

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OB 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those who know, AAAD carstream works with this update, for those who don't, it's an app that allows you to have YouTube on AA
Ford Bronco Android Auto Coolwalk w/ Full Split Screen (Public Stable Release) Now Working in Bronco! PXL_20230211_160623406

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
There is a way to do full screen maps, I think when I turned on the XM and used the maps it did go full screen the other day.
Thanks to all for your responses. I got full screen with your helpful comments. I didn’t realize both the blue android auto symbol and the expand icon next to it are both actual buttons that change the view. I had no idea pressing on the blue Android Auto logo did anything. Thank you again!

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What gives. I have my stuff set to auto update 7 days a week at 2am and it's been set this way for 3 months yet I'm stuck on 3.5.2. last updated 1/11. I've left my car on, connected to wifi, driven connect to phone hotspot and still can't get the latest updates? Any suggestions
Sponsored