First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like others, I have been disappointed in the available options for tonneau covers, so I finally took it upon myself to make my own. It is made of 5/8 plywood, some square aluminum stock on the underside for rigidity, a little body filler, wrapped in black marine grade vinyl, and held in place by the factory hardtop bolts. Hopefully it'll keep things from walking off when I have the top off.
Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover 20240302_174500
Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover 20240302_174512
Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover 20240302_174423
Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover 20240302_130851
Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like others, I have been disappointed in the available options for tonneau covers, so I finally took it upon myself to make my own. It is made of 5/8 plywood, some square aluminum stock on the underside for rigidity, a little body filler, wrapped in black marine grade vinyl, and held in place by the factory hardtop bolts. Hopefully it'll keep things from walking off when I have the top off.
This is great! I do not know why one of the vendors does not make a plastic/light weight version of this.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice work !!! Can I make a suggestion for easy access, you may want to put a piano hinge on the rear part so that you can lift it up like a lid for more access, and if you have a taller item that you are transporting.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is great! I do not know why one of the vendors does not make a plastic/light weight version of this.
I thought this would be a perfect application of the style of ABS bedcovers that undercover makes. It would be light weight and plenty strong.

OP
OP

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice work !!! Can I make a suggestion for easy access, you may want to put a piano hinge on the rear part so that you can lift it up like a lid for more access, and if you have a taller item that you are transporting.
I actually had that thought, but unfortunately the little side wing for the bolts on the rear section hit the roll bar stopping it from folding.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually had that thought, but unfortunately the little side wing for the bolts on the rear section hit the roll bar stopping it from folding.
If you cut a new front piece, and include the two bolts on the rear piece, then you can put a hinge where you have the cut now, and be able to lift and secure from underneath. When I made mine, I used the side as a template and ran it all along the side to the tailgate. Then I made a flat top with hinges, secured under so no one can open it unless truck is unlocked. Hard to see in my pics, but it is strong, and secure when the top is on or off. Also made a top so when I have my fridge in, it is also secure when top off......
Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover 567D5215-7428-45CD-A0D3-3005C2EB0F28

Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover image0 (80)

Ford Bronco Another DIY tonneau cover image3 (36)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I love it when these DIY projects people do turn out nice and finished.
Vinyl is good and taut, curved edges look great. excellent work!
Sponsored