Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks they lost the part!

I knew they’d claim they “couldn’t reproduce the problem” so I made sure to take the service advisor for a ride to show him what conditions it happens in.

After a couple days I checked in with the service advisor, who said the technician couldn’t reproduce the problem :rolleyes:….so he showed them.

Anyway, service advisor told me technician couldn’t figure it out, so the master tech had to look at it. Master tech conferred with Ford Hotline, who instructed them to replace the waste gate sensor, and now Ford Hotline said the charge pipe. Nothing about the BPV.
Sponsored

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks they lost the part!

I knew they’d claim they “couldn’t reproduce the problem” so I made sure to take the service advisor for a ride to show him what conditions it happens in.

After a couple days I checked in with the service advisor, who said the technician couldn’t reproduce the problem :rolleyes:….so he showed them.

Anyway, service advisor told me technician couldn’t figure it out, so the master tech had to look at it. Master tech conferred with Ford Hotline, who instructed them to replace the waste gate sensor, and now Ford Hotline said the charge pipe. Nothing about the BPV.
Ugh that is super annoying, sorry you had to deal with that.

Not sure why they aren't letting you drive your car though, it shouldn't be causing any damage to the engine.

I have a trade offer for you:

I'll install the bpv and let you know if it fixes anything, and you install the charge pipe and let me know if it fixes anything.

I really hope this problem is solved, because I'm ngl I've been looking at toyotas lol

Bronqo

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will definitely let you know what happens with charge pipe.

I traded a manual 2017 Tacoma trd off road for the bronco. I would never go back to that truck.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update on this issue? I've noticed mine now makes quite a loud click or popping noise when letting off the throttle, just like yours. I called the dealership to get them to take a look at it, and they told me they are 4 MONTHS out from being able to look at it. Hoping to hear if you found out the cause so I can fix it myself.

Bronqo

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer is still waiting on parts for mine. They claim that the charge pipe was installed incorrectly from the factory. Supposedly another week or two until the parts come in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer is still waiting on parts for mine. They claim that the charge pipe was installed incorrectly from the factory. Supposedly another week or two until the parts come in.
Oh really? Is that what they said it was ?? That’s so weird lol

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on this issue? I've noticed mine now makes quite a loud click or popping noise when letting off the throttle, just like yours. I called the dealership to get them to take a look at it, and they told me they are 4 MONTHS out from being able to look at it. Hoping to hear if you found out the cause so I can fix it myself.
I got the part but they’re tryna charge me 400 bucks to install it so I don’t know if I’m gonna do it. I might be moving to a GR86. But hey if this fixes it hell yeah!

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the part but they’re tryna charge me 400 bucks to install it so I don’t know if I’m gonna do it. I might be moving to a GR86. But hey if this fixes it hell yeah!
Is the part not covered under warranty?

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the part not covered under warranty?
So it SHOULD be, but the dealer told me that they dont know if the popping is a problem (which it is) and if the part does not fix the sound, then they will charge me for it. I told them to go and rev any other 2.3 in the lot and let me know if they make that sound. The tech said “uh yeah i dont know what on our lot has that engine”. I just got fed up at that point lol . Just find a good dealership and they wont pull this with you im sure

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So it SHOULD be, but the dealer told me that they dont know if the popping is a problem (which it is) and if the part does not fix the sound, then they will charge me for it. I told them to go and rev any other 2.3 in the lot and let me know if they make that sound. The tech said “uh yeah i dont know what on our lot has that engine”. I just got fed up at that point lol . Just find a good dealership and they wont pull this with you im sure
That sounds very frustrating. I had a buddy go outside to rev his 2.3 MT and he does not have the clicking noise after letting off the throttle. So, something is afoot here. Do you have a part # for the new part they ordered by chance?

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine makes the same noise. Drives fine. Been happening since I've owned it. Dealer said its not an issue and didn't know what it was. Needles to say I will be following this thread.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I went back out to do some more diagnosing on the issue. I unplugged the electrical cable from the BPV and the clicking immediately went away. Upon plugging the cable back into the BPV, the clicking immediately returned.

@patchymanz if you have the original still installed. Try unplugging the cable from the BPV and see if the issue goes away. If it does, I think this should be enough for your dealership to see the part is defective and should be replaced under warranty. Let me know what you find out.

Attachments

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds very frustrating. I had a buddy go outside to rev his 2.3 MT and he does not have the clicking noise after letting off the throttle. So, something is afoot here. Do you have a part # for the new part they ordered by chance?
i will try to find it and let you know! Sorry for the late response ive been visiting family this weekend

OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I went back out to do some more diagnosing on the issue. I unplugged the electrical cable from the BPV and the clicking immediately went away. Upon plugging the cable back into the BPV, the clicking immediately returned.

@patchymanz if you have the original still installed. Try unplugging the cable from the BPV and see if the issue goes away. If it does, I think this should be enough for your dealership to see the part is defective and should be replaced under warranty. Let me know what you find out.
Oh really? I assumed it was electronically operated. I think it would cause turbo fluttering. I installed the aftermarket turbosmart recirculation valve, it had no click but had suuuper bad turbo flutter at high RPMs which is very concerning, so i went back to stock. Ill probably go through another dealer at this point

Ashallyb96

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Altima, 2005 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is doing the same exact thing...I thought I messed something up installing my catch can lol.
Sponsored