Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the build sticker.
Screenshot_20210630-221937.png

Financing and trade in. I knew it was coming and the Ford tracker said 7/6 delivery. My plan was to sell my current car to carvana and have a loan lined up. I like to have all my ducks in a row. The dealership has actually been really good and will match carvana so just need my financing approved. I will give the dealer a chance to beat it also.

Final number is MSRP+$300 fees+tax. I know not the best deal but I am ok with it based on current market craziness.
A positive way to look at this is you may feel like you didn't get the best deal but just about any car we buy today will instantly depreciate as you're driving off the lot from the dealership, except your Bronco! In fact if you are feeling the capitalistic itch you could sell it and make more than what you bought it for! Just giving you a different perspective.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same boat with a details to take care of and not sure when my Bronco will show up early. Yeah, I know, “people with VIN” problems. If all goes perfectly, I *might* get it in time for a trip with old friends to a lake in Indiana.

I have great offers from Carvana and CarMax. I think the best play is to sell my ride outright and pay off some long-standing debt I’m sick of, then finance the Bronco (much lower interest than current debt). But the dealer is looking at my ride tomorrow to give me a trade-in quote. Still not sure which path to go. Any financial gurus please chime in.

Trading in would cut my monthly on the Bronco by about $300 but I’d still be paying more than that monthly on a current debt.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome! Where is the camping spot? Just got back from Fisherman's Island up near Charlevoix.

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a call this morning from my dealer. Was afraid to answer because I knew my Bronco was produced and being delivered soon. Good news the Bronco was delivered, bad news I had some details to work out before I could pick it up.

Was able to go and test drive today with my daughters. Everyone loved it! Super excited and a little nervous because it's my first SUV in awhile.

For those wondering it is Badlands 4 door in AMB. Power train is the 2.3L with the manual, optioned with the mid pack. Picture below and if anyone has any questions let me know, willing to help. First test will be taking it camping this weekend. Will post feedback on how it is.

IMG_20210630_214810.jpg
Congrates!!!
Got a call this morning from my dealer. Was afraid to answer because I knew my Bronco was produced and being delivered soon. Good news the Bronco was delivered, bad news I had some details to work out before I could pick it up.

Was able to go and test drive today with my daughters. Everyone loved it! Super excited and a little nervous because it's my first SUV in awhile.

For those wondering it is Badlands 4 door in AMB. Power train is the 2.3L with the manual, optioned with the mid pack. Picture below and if anyone has any questions let me know, willing to help. First test will be taking it camping this weekend. Will post feedback on how it is.

IMG_20210630_214810.jpg
Congrates!! I have about the same build 7/14 reserved day 3pm but holding out for the MIC top.

Sponsored

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, almost exact rez time as well.
We are only about 16 hours into reservation process so hopefully we'll be getting MY21 in the near future plus with MT I'm hoping that will help also.

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That AMB looks gorgeous. I know everyone throws shade at it for being black but that looks really good. Oh, and congrats!!

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same boat with a details to take care of and not sure when my Bronco will show up early. Yeah, I know, “people with VIN” problems. If all goes perfectly, I *might* get it in time for a trip with old friends to a lake in Indiana.

I have great offers from Carvana and CarMax. I think the best play is to sell my ride outright and pay off some long-standing debt I’m sick of, then finance the Bronco (much lower interest than current debt). But the dealer is looking at my ride tomorrow to give me a trade-in quote. Still not sure which path to go. Any financial gurus please chime in.

Trading in would cut my monthly on the Bronco by about $300 but I’d still be paying more than that monthly on a current debt.
Check with vroom.com, too. Offers tend to vary widely between the major buyers depending on what you're selling, but Vroom gave me a great deal on my Jeep. I had a 2020 JLU Willys that was 9 months old with 14,500 miles and Vroom offered me $200 less that what I bought it for "out the door". The deal was simple - everything was done online with one FedEx package. They had a transport company pick my Jeep up from my house. The entire deal took maybe a week and I didn't have to do anything but drive to FexEx one time.

I bought a cash car beater to get me through until I could figure out what I wanted to do - another Jeep or Bronco. Wound up reserving a Bronco and now the wait is on. Hopefully by end of 2022...

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_20210630_214810.jpg
Love it! That is my color and nearly the same build!

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership added them when I ordered. I had the same issues with adding them in B&P. Come on Ford, soft top doors come off too!

Coming from sporty cars I would call the power adequate. But I am going to do my part to save the manuals! Hoping to find an ORV trail by where we are camping and get a taste of off road capabilities. Will report back if I do.

That was from the Ford site not the actual window sticker.
Where are you camping, I have a decent knowledge of trails in some areas, happy to make suggestions. You can PM me if you like.

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great perspective. While it would be nice to have the lower monthly payment on the Bronco, if you have other debt at much higher interest rates, you are better off eliminating that debt first. You are better off taking out new debt at a lower rate and eliminating old debt at higher rates. It's essentially a balance transfer. I've seen car loan rates this week from as low as 1.89% (USAA) to 2.19% (Navy Federal) to even BOA at 2.39%. All very low rates and I'm assuming much lower than the interest servicing your current debt.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great perspective. While it would be nice to have the lower monthly payment on the Bronco, if you have other debt at much higher interest rates, you are better off eliminating that debt first. You are better off taking out new debt at a lower rate and eliminating old debt at higher rates. It's essentially a balance transfer. I've seen car loan rates this week from as low as 1.89% (USAA) to 2.19% (Navy Federal) to even BOA at 2.39%. All very low rates and I'm assuming much lower than the interest servicing your current debt.
+1
Truth!!

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That AMB looks awesome in the rain. I'm usually not an AMB fan but this looks perfect...love it!
Sponsored