redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no it was the sunlight side. Can was just dark. Couple shots I took below.

D0D85755-545B-4A45-B4F2-7EAE393DF308.jpeg

A6AB7185-DC70-4774-BDF5-E8C33052AFB5.jpeg

60696334-C16C-4F54-9D93-236EE2BE27CC.jpeg

CBA3E166-D008-4E4F-899A-8B0613411ADF.jpeg

25F13972-D6F9-4632-A62E-D6AF305CF871.jpeg

I got 'ya, but what I am trying to say is if you could hold the can and then tilt to the correct angle it will make the side of the can brilliant blue to faded to dark blue. With the can standing up right on the table and the sunlight above it will always appear dark.

Not trying to be a dick here, it is just hard for me to explain my point in typing. hopefully this explained it a little better.

Or better yet if you go back tomorrow, try tilting the can in the sunlight and see if you can get the whole side of the can to be blue. Maybe I have this all wrong but from what I have seen of the color, the angle of the light source vs. you angle of view is all important on the brilliance of the blue. Don't get me wrong it is dark, but the right angle things start popping.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got 'ya, but what I am trying to say is if you could hold the can and then tilt to the correct angle it will make the side of the can brilliant blue to faded to dark blue. With the can standing up right on the table and the sunlight above it will always appear dark.

Not trying to be a dick here, it is just hard for me to explain my point in typing. hopefully this explained it a little better.

Or better yet if you go back tomorrow, try tilting the can in the sunlight and see if you can get the whole side of the can to be blue. Maybe I have this all wrong but from what I have seen of the color, the angle of the light source vs. you angle of view is all important on the brilliance of the blue.
Understood. In my photo above the can showed some of what you are saying except to me the flake looked red. The sun was over my right shoulder in those shots at about 10:30-11am. Here is a close up showing more of what you are talking about:

E9D45518-8387-49DE-93E8-395779E660E4.png

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 1602113422007

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread 1602113441837

This was just posted in another thread .. does this explain it a little better. get that angle right and it pops !!!!!

still dark but a lot more lighter blue in it, this photo was taken at a lower angle than yours with the sun over the shoulder !!! catch my drift ??

Last edited:

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, thing is ā€” tilt the can this way, tilt it that way, lift the can up, tilt it on a 37Ā° angle toward the sun at 1:03 pm.

lol!!! Is anyone forgetting that you canā€™t tilt your Bronco, you canā€™t pick it up, and you canā€™t put it at the angle you want.

If youā€™re trying to convince yourself you like the color you prolly donā€™t. However, itā€™s a hard color to photograph so either take the photos (all the ones weā€™ve seen over the last week) and ask, is it what I want? Or just wait to see in person.

I canā€™t actually believe nobody has mentioned the real serious issue with these photos and it greatly affect the reflectivity of the finish. It has MAJOR orange peel, horrible. It is reflecting light in all sorts of directions. I would put money on it and say thatā€™s why the Bronco chassis in the Ford lot looks so much better.

Anyway, thatā€™s my view...

Sponsored

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, thing is ā€” tilt the can this way, tilt it that way, lift the can up, tilt it on a 37Ā° angle toward the sun at 1:03 pm.

lol!!! Is anyone forgetting that you canā€™t tilt your Bronco, you canā€™t pick it up, and you canā€™t put it at the angle you want.
For me, this is a positive. i just think itā€™s kinda cool. But thatā€™s me.

I canā€™t actually believe nobody has mentioned the real serious issue with these photos and it greatly affect the reflectivity of the finish. It has MAJOR orange peel, horrible.
Iā€™m not sure I totally understand this. Can you please explain? Totally not trolling, wanting to learn.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, this is a positive. i just think itā€™s kinda cool. But thatā€™s me.

Iā€™m not sure I totally understand this. Can you please explain? Totally not trolling, wanting to learn.
The paint/clear coat isnā€™t smooth like ā€œglassā€, itā€™s simply not smooth. It resembles the surface of an orange so itā€™s not reflecting light properly and it could look so much better than it does and could have much more depth ...like the bronco chassis photo the other day

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought I found a unicorn - AMB on a F250 45 miles away. Was ready to get some video footage for you guys but they havent taken delivery. As a matter of fact, the salesman did a search and is not seeing AMBs on anything (F150/250/mach-e) etc even when running a 300 mile search from NJ. So looks like some more time. Bummer, because ive seen a couple 2021s F150 rolling around with temp tags...guess it's just going to take a bit longer for AMBs to come out.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The paint/clear coat isnā€™t smooth like ā€œglassā€, itā€™s simply not smooth. It resembles the surface of an orange so itā€™s not reflecting light properly and it could look so much better than it does and could have much more depth ...like the bronco chassis photo the other day
Aha! Thank you. So youā€˜re saying itā€™s a crappy paint job, lol. THAT I understand. The chassis looked sweet, though. Either way Iā€™m all in on AMB. Today, lol.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

hereā€™s what a slightly dirty kodiak brown looks like on the new f150. TFL actually called it black lol. Shaded side is black other side has some evidence of brown.

so expect AMB to be similar, given Kodak brown, green gem, magma red, and AMB are basically sister colors with Fords flip flop magical paint. Although it seems AMB has 1 additional paint process, which is the celestial blue flakes

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that Orange peel is horrendous. Did they paint it with an even cheaper Wish.com knockoff of a Harbor Freight jamb gun?
I've been 80% AMB 19% Race Red, 1% possible black or Carb. Gray for a long time. I'm really wanting to like this AMB and I guess I'll see it tomorrow there in TN.
I've seen Race Red in person and like it fine.
But one that has snuck up on me is the Velocity. Liked it, then thought it was just a bit too bright, flashy. Saw an F150 yesterday and fell in love with it all over again. It would look great, Especially with a white old school stripe and a white top.
SO many decisions to make between now and Dec.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that Orange peel is horrendous. Did they paint it with an even cheaper Wish.com knockoff of a Harbor Freight jamb gun?
I've been 80% AMB 19% Race Red, 1% possible black or Carb. Gray for a long time. I'm really wanting to like this AMB and I guess I'll see it tomorrow there in TN.
But one that has snuck up on me is the Velocity. Liked it, then thought it was just a bit too bright, flashy. Saw an F150 yesterday and fell in love with it all over again. It would look great, Especially with a white old school stripe and a white top.
For me AMB is #1 but Velocity #2. I just worry that velocity is too ā€œloudā€ and I would get sick of it after a couple years. A deep dark Blue like AMB is classic and not trendy.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me AMB is #1 but Velocity #2. I just worry that velocity is too ā€œloudā€ and I would get sick of it after a couple years. A deep dark Blue like AMB is classic and not trendy.
The blue itself may not be trendy, but big metal flake sure will be.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See what tomorrow, the paint can? Or thereā€™s an AMB Bronco coming out at super cel tomorrow!? Lol Iā€™m sure itā€™s the former

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See what tomorrow, the paint can? Or thereā€™s an AMB Bronco coming out at super cel tomorrow!? Lol Iā€™m sure itā€™s the former
I wish it was an actual real painted Bronc.
Talking about the can.
IT's all I really have to go off of that's not a current production paint. I've looked at all the colors that come on current models in person.
I am going to ASSUME the Carb Gray is pretty close to Magnetic, so if I like that I should like Carb G.
Tomorrow is the deciding factor if it's AMB or "something not AMB". kinda nervous.
Sponsored