Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping for more of a Dark Blue Pearl Metallic or Kona Blue and how close it is to that will determine if I get it.

Then comes the question about white hardtop, white flares, chrome rims, and retro wide stripe. I don't like medium to dark blues with black accents, so I'd have to justify all of those mods.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was hoping for more of a Dark Blue Pearl Metallic or Kona Blue and how close it is to that will determine if I get it.

Then comes the question about white hardtop, white flares, chrome rims, and retro wide stripe. I don't like medium to dark blues with black accents, so I'd have to justify all of those mods.
Same boat.

At a minimum I need a white top to offset ABM...and a white grille (but think grille options may be limited to silver which would clash with white top). Otherwise I’m going carbon gray (which is lighter than ABM) with white top and calling it a day. Luckily I’m getting and OBX and don’t have to think about the fenders. And if no white top at all I mayyyy do rapid red with a color matched top.

So I’ve laid out my color combos depending on what white add-ons are available when the build and price comes out.

I was dead set on Area 51 from the get go but it is looking like too much of a candy color and I wouldn’t want that for very long term ownership so playing it safe and sticking to classic colors.

If Ford had a more typical medium blue that wasn’t bright or flashy I would get that regardless of what white add ons are available, but alas...

My biggest reservation with ABM is that’s it’s so dark it requires a lot of upkeep to be clean. But hopefully the white top helps and I could just use a spray quick wax on the hood and side panels in between washes.

Last edited:

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat.

At a minimum I need a white top to offset ABM...and a white grille (but think grille options may be limited to silver which would clash with white top). Otherwise I’m going carbon gray (which is lighter than ABM) with white top and calling it a day. Luckily I’m getting and OBX and don’t have to think about the fenders. And if no white top at all I mayyyy do rapid red with a color matched top.

So I’ve laid out my color combos depending on what white add-ons are available when the build and price comes out.

I was dead set on Area 51 from the get go but it is looking like too much of a candy color and I wouldn’t want that for very long term ownership so playing it safe and sticking to classic colors.

If Ford had a more typical medium blue that wasn’t bright or flashy I would get that regardless of what white add ons are available, but alas...

My biggest reservation with ABM is that’s it’s so dark it requires a lot of upkeep to be clean. But hopefully the white top helps and I could just use a spray quick wax on the hood and side panels in between washes.
I'm with you on the white top. I'm wondering if the metallic grill will really clash with the white top. I've seen a few renderings that look pretty good to me. Frustrating all we have is CGI renderings to look at when trying to decide.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm with you on the white top. I'm wondering if the metallic grill will really clash with the white top. I've seen a few renderings that look pretty good to me. Frustrating all we have is CGI renderings to look at when trying to decide.
Now that i think about it, we could easily vinyl wrap the grille. I did this on my lexus. You dont need to really match much, just get 3M white vinyl and wrap with a heat gun. No one will notice the difference of the white versus white top. Or maybe I'll just get the window tinter to take care of it when i go to tint the front sides 50 or 35.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very interested in Anti-Matter blue. It is my top color choice.

I have a feeling Anti Matter Blue is going to be very close to Mazda's Deep Crystal Blue Mica - that color almost looks black in certain light and shade but when the sun hits it it is gorgeous
My mom has that blue on her CX5. I think it'll be much brighter (more blue than black) than antimatter.

I think the hood of this bronco in testing is anti matter. it's very dark but you do see blue. especially when you compare it to the trim under the grill which is black. i'm liking it.

video is to start at 9:40

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a ton of actual photos and videos of that reveal Cactus Gray Bronco with a white top and silver grille. It looks great! Although I'd prefer a white grille.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One thing that I really dislike on my wife's FJ is the silver painted grille, to me it just looks cheap with the plastic so I'd really have to see it in person. ABM is tied right now with just plain old white but if it wins out a white top and flares would have to be part of the package either thru Ford or a local paint/wrap shop.

Really hoping the build and price will give some clarification to throw in the budget for these options.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My mom has that blue on her CX5. I think it'll be much brighter (more blue than black) than antimatter.

I think the hood of this bronco in testing is anti matter. it's very dark but you do see blue. especially when you compare it to the trim under the grill which is black. i'm liking it.

Idk. When they cut to the side it looks black. My guess is black

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this on Instagram. Dig the color. Hopefully this is somewhat representative of what AM Blue looks like in person.
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Thread B204F29C-F0BE-4B41-A13C-DDD64254A33E

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's black.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm kind of digging on this color a little now.... Late availability may work better for me.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm kind of digging on this color a little now.... Late availability may work better for me.
Who said late availability on AMB? Thought that was Velocity only.

secretg

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan Leaf :)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep going back and forth between the Oxford White or Anitmatter Blue. I like how dark it is but I am afraid I will get tired of it at some point, and I kind of like the idea of how white is like a blank canvas to get dirty on a trail. :)

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heres a retro one called Scuro Blue. Posting other Scuro blues which look similar. And another good F150 in antimatter

IMO this only works with a white top. Please please Ford do not fuck us. Otherwise getting rapid red with shadow black top and will regret it if/when ford inevitably comes out with white tops in 2022 or a refresh

749A12F9-85DE-4DD3-AEFF-A0C9D6CAFCE1.png

562D29D7-8A4D-4E8B-A070-2439C9861B7A.png

C8BF0CE9-807E-4921-BF3F-14775B1C5075.png

C8E1F6EB-24A3-48D7-9FB5-52ED5D16269F.png

166674A6-9698-4047-86B5-095FB9580EA1.png

6237B595-1CDF-4F21-8D4D-37F7E2C45348.png
Sponsored