Sponsored

Any Canadians successfully warranty APIM?

Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some might recognize me complaining about this on a couple of other forums
Quick summary:

Rather enjoyed my Bronco early October 2022- started receiving intermittently dead infotainment screen. Mainly in the mornings on the way to work- be fine on the way home. By late October it was totally dead and I called to make an appointment with the Ford dealer. I got an appointment November 30th. They ran some tests and said they don't know what the issue is, but they'd contact Ford and get back to me. I did lightly suggest (without trying to tell someone how to do their job) that it could be the APIM- based on what I've read on the Bronco forums (meaning Bronco6g). I remember the service advisor saying it's likely not that- but we'll get back to you after we talk to Ford. Okay, no problem.

I waited until about third week of December and decided to call the dealership for an update. The service advisor said let me look into that for you. He called me back in an hour- it appears that's how long it took him to contact Ford, right then and there...So when he called me back he said talked to Ford, and they think it's the APIM lol...and that they want to do a test to confirm. So I got booked in January 3rd, 2023. Tests confirmed it's the APIM.

The service advisor said he'd let me know when they can order the part from Ford. I'm not sure what that means. I feel like it's not promising though. I know Americans on this forum have successfully warranted the APIM- sounds like some unfortunate wait times for them as well. Have any Canadians warrantied this?

I would try to call Ford Canada- but the customer service number on their website literally didn't work last time I tried a couple days ago :LOL:

Finding it super hard to enjoy this vehicle driving around for so long now with no music and not being able to use my settings, climate control, nav, carplay, etc. All I hear is squeaks and rattles and whistles.
Sponsored