Sponsored

Any experience with JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 Powered Sub?

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking of adding one of these 12" ported, powered JL subs to my 4DR Bronco to give some low end to my current set up which consists of a Kicker Key 200.4 running in Bi-amp mode to drive Polk DB402's in the dash and Polk DB652's in the kick panels. I'm not currently using the rear pods at all. The current sound from this setup is great, but severely lacking in bass as you can imagine.

Before pulling the trigger, I'm curious if anyone has experience with this particular sub, preferrably in the Bronco. I've read reviews and tried to listen to clips on YouTube, but was hoping someone here might have some thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That unit looks nice and compact but with the point of a subwoofer being for low end, even subsonics, the fact that JL lists a "filter" range of 50Hz-200Hz is questionable. Just let the subwoofer take all possible low pass frequencies. Is the bottleneck at the amp, and with an integrated amp are you paying more for the haircut on the speaker's capabilities? Seems that the game is all about efficiency with this package, which may or may not be what you're after.

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That unit looks nice and compact but with the point of a subwoofer being for low end, even subsonics, the fact that JL lists a "filter" range of 50Hz-200Hz is questionable. Just let the subwoofer take all possible low pass frequencies. Is the bottleneck at the amp, and with an integrated amp are you paying more for the haircut on the speaker's capabilities? Seems that the game is all about efficiency with this package, which may or may not be what you're after.
The way I understand it, the filter is a low pass filter that can be set anywhere from 50Hz up to 200Hz. Meaning that if it is set at 50HZ, it will pass 50Hz and under signals to the sub. Likewise, if it is set at 200HZ, it will pass 200Hz and below to the sub.

Ford Bronco Any experience with JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 Powered Sub? 1655826297545

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The way I understand it, the filter is a low pass filter that can be set anywhere from 50Hz up to 200Hz. Meaning that if it is set at 50HZ, it will pass 50Hz and under signals to the sub. Likewise, if it is set at 200HZ, it will pass 200Hz and below to the sub.

Ford Bronco Any experience with JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 Powered Sub? 1655826297545
You're understanding is correct. Those values are the low pass filter range. I've never owned this particular sub enclosure but I have used JL subs and enclosures for decades and I've never had one that I wouldn't highly recommend to my friends and family.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ok ya I was misunderstanding and didn't read the filter mode as "low-pass only". Sorry about that!
Sponsored