Sponsored

Any good off-road/on-road set of tires with raised white letters?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When the Goodyear tires run out, I'm going to either go with the Cepek Trail Country or the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. The MT's are definitely pricier than the Cepek's, but both are typically still cheaper than the BFG's... Though I've always loved BFG's!
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In a slightly different direction, I run the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 (not the same Dueler that comes OEM on some Bronco models). It's available with white lettering in the 315/70R17 size. Supremely good on the highway, impressive in snow (even though it doesn't carry the 3-peak rating). Pulled a friend up a hill through mud without issue.

$308 each on Tire Rack with a $90/set rebate right now, so basically $285 each.

Ford Bronco Any good off-road/on-road set of tires with raised white letters? 1630346087029

image2-e1611581416418-709x600.jpg

Another newer tire that's aimed straight at the BFG K02 is the Firestone Destination X/T. It has the same kidney bean tread that all the kids love, it has the 3-peak snow rating, and every review I've found of them has been extremely favorable in all conditions - road, pavement, mud, snow, etc.

Tire Rack has them for $300 each, though they're on backorder.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't your Bronco itself "pricey"?
All relative. I have bad luck with tires.

I daily a Mustang and had to replace the front right due to two nails (non-repairable) a month ago and the back left (unknown road hazard left some damage both inside and out also non-repairable) this month. Both at a cost of $400 each trip.
With aftermarket you can buy the protection (usually $50 a tire) that covers replacement in the event of a flat due to factors including road hazards. I’ll save the factory tires for a rainy day. I need the piece of mind.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have this exact setup on my Land Cruiser now. Been a solid performer for highway plus trails.

Kind of have my heart set on some Cooper STT Pro 35's in raised white letter for my eventual Oxford White, though. Also ran them on a 4-Runner in the past, and they do well on road for a fairly aggressive mud terrain tire.

Ford Bronco Any good off-road/on-road set of tires with raised white letters? image2-e1611581416418-709x600
I had a set of ST Maxx prior and wanted something more aggressive for plowing snow.
The Maxx were great, 65,000 on a 1 ton diesel 4x4.
So far I have 15,000 on the PROS.
A lot more road noise but who cares it's a 6.7 with 4" turbo back dual 4" exhaust and a cold air intake.
How is the road noise on a lighter vehicle?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those Thornbirds are such a great-wearing, super capable tire. Best I've ever used.
Had my CJ buried up to the bottom of the windshield in mud one time, came right out in 2WD.
And I ended up getting like 80K miles out of them.

*Entire above post is sarcasm.
While Thornbird looks like the nastiest, meanest tire ever, they really don't clean out well and wear down fast, even by Interco standards.

In all Sincerity if KO2 and the like are pricey, the Grabbers you can get cheaper, I'd stick with the Grabbers.
I also like the Coopers. Might want to give them a look.
So far so good on my M/T Deegan 38's. They are loud, jury is out on longevity yet.
Thornbirds were designed as a joke for mall bros. All other swampers are ultimate.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thornbirds were designed as a joke for mall bros. All other swampers are ultimate.
I laughed because it’s true. I wish I could laugh, thumbs up, and love it, but relegated to a single emoji.
my buddy had some on his Ranger. Boy did we learn some things that day!
My Pro Comps did whatever I asked of them. His? Not so much. Looked like drag slicks about 15 feet in the mud.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I laughed because it’s true. I wish I could laugh, thumbs up, and love it, but relegated to a single emoji.
my buddy had some on his Ranger. Boy did we learn some things that day!
My Pro Comps did whatever I asked of them. His? Not so much. Looked like drag slicks about 15 feet in the mud.
Yeah I havent ever had any but early in my 4 wheeling days I witnessed a guy with a jeep that should have beat the pants off my heep, but I ended up pulling the guy out 2 times through mud holes that I went though in bald boggers. They are a junk tire. But honestly anything that will get a Thornbird stuck will probably do a same to anything with a A/T stamp on it like the sacred BFGs. But people asked Interco for a street tire and they gave in to give them something that is technically street oriented but outlandish enough to look like a mud tire but designed on opposite day.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for a good off-road/on-road set of tires with raised white letters (like the look paired with my Oxford white build). Anyone have any experience with GENERAL GRABBER ATX tires?
Cooper AT3
Ford Bronco Any good off-road/on-road set of tires with raised white letters? DiscovererAT3_XLT_Full
Ford Bronco Any good off-road/on-road set of tires with raised white letters? Ford1
-XLT. I have them on my F150 and love them.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs