Sponsored

Any in car audio gurus here?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sure hope so. I am not a car audio guru by any stretch. My Black Diamond 4 door is due for delivery in a week with the base system that I planned on replacing. I figured a budget of $1500 should be good for allowing for a decent swap of speakers while adding a sub and amp. Not sure if anything else is needed. Anyhow, I stopped at a local well known car audio show and they were basically saying Im in $2,500 with labor for anything decent. The sub they recommended also wasnt exactly slim (Id like to keep as much cargo area as possible and protect the sub from showers if the top is off). Im wondering if any one has recommendations for a set up in my price range so I know if shops are trying to talk me into more than I need. And yes, I know this is all subjective but I thank you for any pointers, recommendations, or suggestions!
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can make your system sound WAY better with a $1,500 budget. Don't let someone talk you into $2, 500. If you go to a reputable/experienced installer in your area and tell them your budget, they should be able to help you. It won't be super high-end but again, way better than the base system and I predict you will be very happy. Use Yelp reviews for installers and then go visit for a live consultation.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can make your system sound WAY better with a $1,500 budget. Don't let someone talk you into $2, 500. If you go to a reputable/experienced installer in your area and tell them your budget, they should be able to help you. It won't be super high-end but again, way better than the base system and I predict you will be very happy. Use Yelp reviews for installers and then go visit for a live consultation.
The place I checked yesterday struck me as not being on the up and up. The shop I’m really interested in has a great reputation. Just haven’t had a chance to get over to them.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, I’m comfortable installing myself if there is a plug and play option that really works. But since I’m not familiar with car audio, I don’t want to be running wiring and getting into some things that require a little knowledge and experience.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent a grand (USD) and I'm completely satisfied with the results.

Reactions: fv9
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spent a grand (USD) and I'm completely satisfied with the results.
What did you have installed? Labor included in that price?

BlueGhost

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2018 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$680 Plug-n-Play Kicker Key amp kit (Ask him to make the kit to Bi-Amp the front speakers)
$160 2 x Alpine Type S 4 inch (Only need one for $80 if you don't bother with the rear speakers, not sure if the tweeters will work with the rear speaker pods)
$140 Alpine Type S 6.5 inch components (Only use the woofer and run in bi-amp mode)
$150 Alpine Type S 8 inch sub
$235 Factory B&O sub and enclosure (Replace the sub with the Alpine 8)

All comes in under $1500, spend a little on some sound deadening too.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$680 Plug-n-Play Kicker Key amp kit (Ask him to make the kit to Bi-Amp the front speakers)
$160 2 x Alpine Type S 4 inch (Only need one for $80 if you don't bother with the rear speakers, not sure if the tweeters will work with the rear speaker pods)
$140 Alpine Type S 6.5 inch components (Only use the woofer and run in bi-amp mode)
$150 Alpine Type S 8 inch sub
$235 Factory B&O sub and enclosure (Replace the sub with the Alpine 8)

All comes in under $1500, spend a little on some sound deadening too.
Thanks!
Sponsored