Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I searched & could not find any dedicated posts about aftermarket subs (just a lot of talk about the factory sub).

As someone who has a 1000w amp & one 15" sub that takes up the entirety of my Fusion's trunk & cost me a thumbnail to get it in there I don't know if I can live without bass in my life.

I have said ever since I planned on getting the Bronco that I was going to go subless for the first time in ten years, but now I'm having second thoughts. Life without bass sucks!

I do plan on getting some real nice aftermarket speakers to replace the factory ones ASAP, but the more I think about it I might want to do something for the low end.

Anyone else in this bass boat? 😅

20150720_103608.jpg
Sponsored

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love bass. However I'm getting the B&O system and that'll probably do.

I have my other cars for hard hitting sound.

Plus I can anticipate the bass rattling SOMETHING in the Bronco and that'll piss me off.

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plus I can anticipate the bass rattling SOMETHING in the Bronco and that'll piss me off.

That's one thing I'm worried about. I'm getting the base (ha) so no factory sub for me... My Fusion came with the sony factory subs & I could not stand them.

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's one thing I'm worried about. I'm getting the base (ha) so no factory sub for me... My Fusion came with the sony factory subs & I could not stand them.
Depending on the depth of the B&O sub enclosure you may be able to swap that panel with someone and install your own sub for a clean set up.

Or just install the box on the trunk floor. But, then again here comes the possibility of rattles...

It'll be interesting!

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on the depth of the B&O sub enclosure you may be able to swap that panel with someone and install your own sub for a clean set up.

Or just install the box on the trunk floor. But, then again here comes the possibility of rattles...

It'll be interesting!
That is an option I hadn't thought of.

Yes, the trunk floor opens a whole list of problems if I were to do that..

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B&O also... but I’ve still got my Boston acoustics SPG 555 if I get the itch for more... and it can be done in a 1 cubic foot box. Yes, I know it’s an old school sub... but at 3 1/4” of excursion it’s a beast

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

B&O also... but I’ve still got my Boston acoustics SPG 555 if I get the itch for more... and it can be done in a 1 cubic foot box. Yes, I know it’s an old school sub... but at 3 1/4” of excursion it’s a beast
Old BA is quality! Ive only delt with the trash sound bars they released 10 years ago.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first car I went to a local pawn shop and scored some most likely stolen equipment. 12" Kicker Solo-Baric and a 400 watt MTX amp. For only pushing 400 that lil guy destroyed the trunk lid on that Pontiac. Rattled everything loose and the sounds from outside were hilarious. Took it all out when I sold the car and sold the equipment before ever putting it in my 2nd car. I miss the bass but I don't miss the lost trunk space and rattling.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still have 2 sets of their pro series components too... for mids and highs... love their tone

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My first car I went to a local pawn shop and scored some most likely stolen equipment. 12" Kicker Solo-Baric and a 400 watt MTX amp. For only pushing 400 that lil guy destroyed the trunk lid on that Pontiac. Rattled everything loose and the sounds from outside were hilarious. Took it all out when I sold the car and sold the equipment before ever putting it in my 2nd car. I miss the bass but I don't miss the lost trunk space and rattling.
No trunk space does suck! I can't hear the rattling very much because of how punchy the bass is. I did also sound deaden the entire car, except for the roof.

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is an option I hadn't thought of.

Yes, the trunk floor opens a whole list of problems if I were to do that..
Matching the crossover of the factory sub might be a challenge. I'm planning on a self powered bass tube of some sort that will take its signal from the speaker leads.

Ir can be strapped down or partially hidden.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Factory “premium audio” I’m torn on.
Dodges Alpine system sucks.
Subarus Harmon Karden system is phenomenal.

I habe a set up of 3 10” subs in a sealed box powered by a 1000w Memphis amp... but the amp burned out.

want to look into powered amps to put under the front seats, and aftermarket speakers.

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

want to look into powered amps to put under the front seats, and aftermarket speakers.
That is one alternative I'm thinking about. I even thought about a powered sub for under the seat, though I have yet to hear a quality one of those yet.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read quite a bit on the low profile subs (under seat style) but I’ve never gotten into them far enough to buy or go listen to one. Probably too spoiled by my old school stuff. I also ran a 1000W JL amp on the SPG.

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve read quite a bit on the low profile subs (under seat style) but I’ve never gotten into them far enough to buy or go listen to one. Probably too spoiled by my old school stuff. I also ran a 1000W JL amp on the SPG.
I had a former co-worker that got one under each seat in her car. The size of the box made the bass more mid & less low..
Sponsored