ssil

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone had any issues with getting their windshield tinted? I was told not to do it as water can get in the dashboard and damage electrical.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only issue is that it is illegal in all 50 states.

Most folks here can get away with a heat rejection film so long as it's still 95% transparent.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No issues at all. Just go to a reputable shop for install. I got 70% ceramic heat rejection. You can’t tell it’s tinted at all. No issues with night driving either.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats a NO, NO in PA ... You will never get past yearly inspection. worked with a guy who tinted his windshield on his Camaro. Not only did he get pulled over and fined, they also impounded the car. The officer also got the inspection station off the sticker and reported to state police. The guy that put the sticker on was a friend of his and was fired, and the shop he worked at got a 10K fine

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tinting the windshield is illegal in all 50 states below the AS-1 line, but realistically as long as it looks factory and isn't obviously tinted you probably won't have an issue.

The exception to that rule is if you live in a state with safety inspections... which is the majority of the states in the northeast. But luckily for you, New Jersey only requires emissions testing. So just keep it the tint reasonable.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a NO, NO in PA ... You will never get past yearly inspection. worked with a guy who tinted his windshield on his Camaro. Not only did he get pulled over and fined, they also impounded the car. The officer also got the inspection station off the sticker and reported to state police. The guy that put the sticker on was a friend of his and was fired, and the shop he worked at got a 10K fine
Homie don't play that.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
not being able to see

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only issue is that it is illegal in all 50 states.

Most folks here can get away with a heat rejection film so long as it's still 95% transparent.
That's what I have on my Bronco, and my vehicles before that. No issues with inspections in TX. It also reduces the headlight/tail light bloom at night time which is sweet.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 50% ceramic on the front windshield (the entire windshield) on all my vehicles. Greatly reduces the heat and glare. Don't need sunglass in the vehicle and it does not reduce visibility at night. Never had any issues with the law.

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco windshield is tinted along with most other previous vehicles besides my jeep. No issues ever.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone had any issues with getting their windshield tinted? I was told not to do it as water can get in the dashboard and damage electrical.
It is illegal, but you won't have any problems.

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had 70% ceramic on mine and just had to have it replaced due to a huge crack :-( The only thing I noticed was that the auto headlamps turned on earlier than when there was no tint on the windshield. The sensor for the headlights was affected by the tint., other than that I absolutely miss my ceramic on the windshield.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I opted not to get mine tinted/clear ceramic coated. With the windshield being so vertical, I figured a replacement was likely down the road and my tint job would be wasted. Also, I just use a sun shade when parked, and didn't see the need for tint while the vehicle was on...
Sponsored