Sponsored

Any pics of Stock Badlands next to a SAS Badland?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been looking all over with no luck. Does anyone have any pictures of a four door Badlands SAS next to a Non-SAS Badlands?

I am torn between a four door Black Diamond SAS or getting a Badlands Non-SAS. I feel if I go Badlands Non-SAS, I would feel disappointed as I see all the SAS Broncos out and about. Both options would more than likely be all I need, but there is always the bug to lift and over build anything in the stable.

Anyone that has seen the Badlands in person on Stock Suspension, did it look small or disappointing?

I really appreciate all comments, good and bad in advance.

Thank you,
-Chad
Sponsored

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here are some pics. They both are good but I prefer the Sas/35 size.

Ford Bronco Any pics of Stock Badlands next to a SAS Badland? 289B1595-82AD-47DE-A12F-6F8A7786875B
Ford Bronco Any pics of Stock Badlands next to a SAS Badland? 289B1595-82AD-47DE-A12F-6F8A7786875B

Great pictures. To me, based on the pictures, I cannot see much of a difference. Anyone in person see the two side by side and have any impression about the two different options?

If SAS becomes a must vs the sway at disconnect, then I may have to go BD.

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two weeks ago I was at a dealer event. The non-squatch Badlands, which is my order, looked great next to the squatched WT. I was worried it would look a little 'weak' or 'wimpy' near a squatch. It had the upgraded rims and the upgraded tires. It looked so sweet. I'm 100% in on the non BL.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two weeks ago I was at a dealer event. The non-squatch Badlands, which is my order, looked great next to the squatched WT. I was worried it would look a little 'weak' or 'wimpy' near a squatch. It had the upgraded rims and the upgraded tires. It looked so sweet. I'm 100% in on the non BL.
Cool...I just don’t want to be disappointed as this is a ton of money to spend and unfortunately it isn’t an unlimited resource. I’m glad to hear that others are struggling with the same and fears go away once seen in person.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in the exact same predicament as OP. I would get standard BD if the 210 axle was on it but since it isnt I need sas because I dont trust the 4 door on the 190. However sas get me real close to Badlands, which is perfect, except I like the Blue trim better with the VB i am getting.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't say small or disappointing, we're torn as $2500 upgrade on our Badlands gets us over that 60k point. I don't love any of the factory wheels but forged 🤤🤤🤤

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the exact same predicament as OP. I would get standard BD if the 210 axle was on it but since it isnt I need sas because I dont trust the 4 door on the 190. However sas get me real close to Badlands, which is perfect, except I like the Blue trim better with the VB i am getting.
Yeah,
Tough decisions. Then when I start looking at BD, I further digress to BB as the suspension drivetrain will be the same. Since it will be more of a toy so to speak than a daily driver I start to wonder that direction and see that I can save another $5k by doing that. I would lose two GOAT modes and have cloth instead of Marine Grade Vinyl. Do I need Rock Crawl mode and Mud/Ruts mode? Probably not....

Makes it really tough and since Ford is so far behind, all I can do is speculate. The sunny side to Ford being so far behind is that I will get to test drive one or at the very least see some in person with everyone’s reviews prior to finalizing my order 😊

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking all over with no luck. Does anyone have any pictures of a four door Badlands SAS next to a Non-SAS Badlands?

I am torn between a four door Black Diamond SAS or getting a Badlands Non-SAS. I feel if I go Badlands Non-SAS, I would feel disappointed as I see all the SAS Broncos out and about. Both options would more than likely be all I need, but there is always the bug to lift and over build anything in the stable.

Anyone that has seen the Badlands in person on Stock Suspension, did it look small or disappointing?

I really appreciate all comments, good and bad in advance.

Thank you,
-Chad
I’ve been through the same machinations a thousand times leading up to placing my order in January. My two cents is that there is more to your choice than looks. It has to perform and serve your needs first. Having said that, the way I look at it is that every off road adventure I want to attend is hours away on highways and interstates. Because of that, the 33’s on a badlands seem to be the best compromise. In addition, if you look at the pics provided by another member earlier in the thread, there really is not a great difference visually. Sure, you won’t have the Sasquatch badge but you will have a couple grand still in your pocket. Food for thought.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool...I just don’t want to be disappointed as this is a ton of money to spend and unfortunately it isn’t an unlimited resource. I’m glad to hear that others are struggling with the same and fears go away once seen in person.
I was at a dealer event where the two were parked right next to each other....to me, in that environment, there was a big difference. It made Sasquatch instantly worth every penny in my opinion, even beyond the performance differences in having 35s over 33s. The Sas looked much better, and perfect proportionally. I realized if I bought the Badlands with 33s...I would instantly be looking to add 35s, so why wait?

That said, when the trucks aren't side by side, I think the diffence is less apparent, and lots of people will be very happy with the look of 33s. I am not one of them...much like with a 4 door Wrangler...my opinion is they need 35s. I think you don't buy a giant expensive toy and skimp on one of the most apparent elements.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah,
Tough decisions. Then when I start looking at BD, I further digress to BB as the suspension drivetrain will be the same. Since it will be more of a toy so to speak than a daily driver I start to wonder that direction and see that I can save another $5k by doing that. I would lose two GOAT modes and have cloth instead of Marine Grade Vinyl. Do I need Rock Crawl mode and Mud/Ruts mode? Probably not....

Makes it really tough and since Ford is so far behind, all I can do is speculate. The sunny side to Ford being so far behind is that I will get to test drive one or at the very least see some in person with everyone’s reviews prior to finalizing my order 😊
Yeah I doubt I will even order till the end of the year so I got time for reviews. I'm going with manual(if mansquatch doesnt happen its definitely BL) so the modes dont really affect me too much, but the living in the jungle on Maui and working on a farm the vinyl and rubber floors is the one thing I really have to have. I would go base squatch but not sure how I'd keep the carpet from having a 1" thick mud rock coconut husk layer.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw a badlands on 33" MT with optional wheels next to a First Edition in person, I was surprised how little difference there seemed to be visually. I don't think you will miss out. That being said, I ordered SAS mainly for the 4.70 gears with the 10 speed auto. The difference between SAS and adding optional wheels with MTs is only $810.
Sponsored