Sponsored

Any pics of Stock Badlands next to a SAS Badland?

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Badlands with the optional Wheels coming. I have zero offset wheels on 33" tires sitting here waiting. Which will give me a little bit more than the width of the Sasquatch, with the lighter tires/ wheels. So my plan is to just if it looks silly with the standard flares I'll just add the Sasquatch flares when I have the other zero offset wheels on....
Ford Bronco Any pics of Stock Badlands next to a SAS Badland? madagscar-penguins
Sponsored

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You need to see this video, this changed my mind to go from BD SAS, to BL non SAS.

Let me know what you think. Those pictures also helped me make this decision. I'm going to be perfectly happy with the 33" on the BL.
What a great video. I guess my next question would be, is the Badlands suspension with SAS different than the other SAS packages?

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a great video. I guess my next question would be, is the Badlands suspension with SAS different than the other SAS packages?
I’m a total newbie! But if someone can confirm it’s not, just a lift difference??

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the 'Buffalo' in your location field is in New York, last I heard you get a touch of snow every year. The SAS tires are not rated for severe snow usage. All that fancy advanced transfer case, lockers, and suspension are only as effective as the tires connecting them to the ground allow. I suspect you would be buying new rubber after the first frozen precipitation in your area. The Badlands's stock K02's are rated for severe snow. You might want to add that additional cost possibility into your decision factors.
This was a huge factor in my decision! We have snow and ice for up to 5 months out of 12. I need to be confident in what the tires can do. And if my wife is driving I do not want her to think those big 35’s will get her thru anything when they may be nothing but a liability in winter driving conditions. Also by not going Sasquatch I could move up to 2.7 and high package without blinking an eye.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was a huge factor in my decision! We have snow and ice for up to 5 months out of 12. I need to be confident in what the tires can do. And if my wife is driving I do not want her to think those big 35’s will get her thru anything when they may be nothing but a liability in winter driving conditions. Also by not going Sasquatch I could move up to 2.7 and high package without blinking an eye.
I get 6’ feet of snow on my roof some winters in Tahoe, this is good to know and makes me double down on my decision with BL 33”.

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was an awesome video with them being side by side. Based on that video and the fact that I’d have to probably buy new tires because of the snow and ice here in Buffalo, I think buying a stock Badlands may be the way to go and then put on a 34ish tire when it comes time for new treads 😁 Of course I’ll change my mind a dozen times before everything is said and done 🤣

Probably can’t order the 4.7 without SAS package, can I? I’ve been playing with options on Ford website but have not been able to get it with Non-Squatch, 2.7 with 10 speed.

I think the alternate wheels are a must as far as looks go. I’m really looking forward to knowing and later seeing what everyone is going with theirs.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at a dealer event where the two were parked right next to each other....to me, in that environment, there was a big difference. It made Sasquatch instantly worth every penny in my opinion, even beyond the performance differences in having 35s over 33s. The Sas looked much better, and perfect proportionally. I realized if I bought the Badlands with 33s...I would instantly be looking to add 35s, so why wait?

That said, when the trucks aren't side by side, I think the diffence is less apparent, and lots of people will be very happy with the look of 33s. I am not one of them...much like with a 4 door Wrangler...my opinion is they need 35s. I think you don't buy a giant expensive toy and skimp on one of the most apparent elements.
Im going BL non SAS, but 2-door. My opinion is the 2-door looks right with the 33s, but the 4-door really benefits from the 35s. If I were going 4-door, I’d be squatched.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That was an awesome video with them being side by side. Based on that video and the fact that I’d have to probably buy new tires because of the snow and ice here in Buffalo, I think buying a stock Badlands may be the way to go and then put on a 34ish tire when it comes time for new treads 😁 Of course I’ll change my mind a dozen times before everything is said and done 🤣

Probably can’t order the 4.7 without SAS package, can I? I’ve been playing with options on Ford website but have not been able to get it with Non-Squatch, 2.7 with 10 speed.

I think the alternate wheels are a must as far as looks go. I’m really looking forward to knowing and later seeing what everyone is going with theirs.
Maybe it's changed, but I thought the SAS tires had the 3 peak rating for severe snow, not sure you'd need to replace them due to weather conditions?

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People carry on like the Sasquatch is a 6" lift or something... "Its instantly noticeable"...."Huge difference"....."Gotta go Squatch on the 4 door"..... front view they dont look much different at all, put the same fender flares on both and it would be even less noticeable.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went non squatch BL with the optional wheels. Im hoping to buy a Ford tuner with the money i save...or close