Sponsored

Any pics of Stock Badlands next to a SAS Badland?

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 2 door Badlands Squatch. Mainly for the gearing -but it also says something about getting high clearance flares. I mean, I know the flares are wider, but is the wheel well actually cut a little higher? Eh, maybe not. I imagine the cameras and speedo are already set up for 35's on the Squatch too. On top of that all the bits used on the vehicle for 35's will be covered by Warranty. Ironically I may consider putting the non-squatch flares on in the future. I'm fairly certain I'll be putting 35x11.5 Trail Grapplers on it after the tires wear out. We'll see how I feel about it and what tires are available at that time. I will say, I've liked the space over the tires on the non-squatch, it has a nice stance. I'll probably end up put a leveling kit on mine. Those are cheap and it should be enough to get things right.
Sponsored

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have fun with your 33 non squatch! I'm sticking with my Badland squatch and my factory warranty! What ever you get have fun and enjoy life!!

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two weeks ago I was at a dealer event. The non-squatch Badlands, which is my order, looked great next to the squatched WT. I was worried it would look a little 'weak' or 'wimpy' near a squatch. It had the upgraded rims and the upgraded tires. It looked so sweet. I'm 100% in on the non BL.
I agree. When I saw the reg BL next to the FE people really couldn’t tell it wasnt sasquatched. They looked the same height/stance. To me they really knocked it out of the park with the Badlands IMO. I like everything about it. Unfortunately....not the one I ordered.

Kevinf0wler

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a 2 door Badlands Squatch. Mainly for the gearing -but it also says something about getting high clearance flares. I mean, I know the flares are wider, but is the wheel well actually cut a little higher? Eh, maybe not. I imagine the cameras and speedo are already set up for 35's on the Squatch too. On top of that all the bits used on the vehicle for 35's will be covered by Warranty. Ironically I may consider putting the non-squatch flares on in the future. I'm fairly certain I'll be putting 35x11.5 Trail Grapplers on it after the tires wear out. We'll see how I feel about it and what tires are available at that time. I will say, I've liked the space over the tires on the non-squatch, it has a nice stance. I'll probably end up put a leveling kit on mine. Those are cheap and it should be enough to get things right.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That was an awesome video with them being side by side. Based on that video and the fact that I’d have to probably buy new tires because of the snow and ice here in Buffalo, I think buying a stock Badlands may be the way to go and then put on a 34ish tire when it comes time for new treads 😁 Of course I’ll change my mind a dozen times before everything is said and done 🤣

Probably can’t order the 4.7 without SAS package, can I? I’ve been playing with options on Ford website but have not been able to get it with Non-Squatch, 2.7 with 10 speed.

I think the alternate wheels are a must as far as looks go. I’m really looking forward to knowing and later seeing what everyone is going with theirs.
The A10 has 3 overdrives and much closer ratios, yes the 4.7s would be a must in the rocks and running 37s but how many people are going to be doing that. the 4.46 is way sufficient, these are not the days of 4-5 speed autos.

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i use to be a hot rod type guy but in 2010 i started driving a h2 hummer with 35x13.50s. Everything you heard about h2s are right. 9mpg city. 10 mpg hwy, if you re only going 65, go faster than that, 9 mpg. Sold it in 2013(for a profit) and bought a new base Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport. Put lift and 35s on it. It looked good. Drove better than hummer. Got 16 mpg. Had a man wanting to buy it for his son late 2018, I really didnt want to sell it, priced it high he bought it anyway.

This is when the new sky touch top came available to order on the jeep. The hardtop on and off is a big hassle. So I ordered a new 4 door Rubicon with the top.

Within 3 weeks it arrived. Came with factory 33s. LOVE the top. And the 33s ride so much better and handle better than the 35s. And for you that say maybe its better because the Jl is better than Jk(IT IS) I ve drove new rubicons with 35s too.

Without a doubt 35s look better than 33s. But i say some women look a lot better than others. Some of those really hot women, you wouldnt want to live with day in day out.
Same with 35s. They look good. You think they ride good for a couple months.
Then you go on a 400 mile trip. Its tiring.

I think 33s is the happy medium. Ive ordered a new 4 door badlands with 33s. Ive also ordered a 2 door base with sasquatch. The badlands is being previewed this week(changed it to soft top).

For all of you that is thinking of just keeping 33s on badlands, i say if you re even questioning it, just keep the 33s. Im going to keep either the Jeep or the 4 door badlands for now. Ill see which one i like better. Then next year(and its a day 2 reserve) when the 2 door comes in i can compare again.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FYI the optional GY 33s are a fraction taller than the KO2s.

Sponsored

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i use to be a hot rod type guy but in 2010 i started driving a h2 hummer with 35x13.50s. Everything you heard about h2s are right. 9mpg city. 10 mpg hwy, if you re only going 65, go faster than that, 9 mpg. Sold it in 2013(for a profit) and bought a new base Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport. Put lift and 35s on it. It looked good. Drove better than hummer. Got 16 mpg. Had a man wanting to buy it for his son late 2018, I really didnt want to sell it, priced it high he bought it anyway.

This is when the new sky touch top came available to order on the jeep. The hardtop on and off is a big hassle. So I ordered a new 4 door Rubicon with the top.

Within 3 weeks it arrived. Came with factory 33s. LOVE the top. And the 33s ride so much better and handle better than the 35s. And for you that say maybe its better because the Jl is better than Jk(IT IS) I ve drove new rubicons with 35s too.

Without a doubt 35s look better than 33s. But i say some women look a lot better than others. Some of those really hot women, you wouldnt want to live with day in day out.
Same with 35s. They look good. You think they ride good for a couple months.
Then you go on a 400 mile trip. Its tiring.

I think 33s is the happy medium. Ive ordered a new 4 door badlands with 33s. Ive also ordered a 2 door base with sasquatch. The badlands is being previewed this week(changed it to soft top).

For all of you that is thinking of just keeping 33s on badlands, i say if you re even questioning it, just keep the 33s. Im going to keep either the Jeep or the 4 door badlands for now. Ill see which one i like better. Then next year(and its a day 2 reserve) when the 2 door comes in i can compare again.
I think a lot of things can depend on that. I put a 2.5" Metalcloak True dual rate, Fox Edition lift on my 4 door JKU Wrangler-that's the one that has a lot of extra components for the lift that are not included in most kits, but keeps most of the stock control arms (which I do plan on upgrading at some point) and it drives considerably better on the road. Feels smooth, much more stable when turning. I had it installed by a reputable shop in the area. I also put 35x11.5 Load range C Trail Grapplers on it. Load range C tends to ride a bit nicer on Jeeps and the Trail Grappler has a ton of rubber on the side, so I'm not worried as much about the lower ply of the tire for puncture or tear. A number of these factors could be why, but I definitely got a nice ride with 35s.

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually prefer the non-sas. The wider fender flares scream Wrangler to me. I want to build my Bronco up not out.
Even though I'm going Sasquatch, I actually understand that point. That's why I'll probably put 35x11.5" tires on when the stock 35s wear out and replace the flares with either standard ones or good looking aftermarket ones if available. I just like that Sasquatch is set up and ready to go for 35's. I wouldn't want to run into surprises or re-gear when I jump to them. I can easily see myself thinking: "man... I didn't think about that, should have gone Squatch". If you dont ever plan on going to 35's or higher, then more power to you. It will still be a very capable wheeler.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though I'm going Sasquatch, I actually understand that point. That's why I'll probably put 35x11.5" tires on when the stock 35s wear out and replace the flares with either standard ones or good looking aftermarket ones if available. I just like that Sasquatch is set up and ready to go for 35's. I wouldn't want to run into surprises or re-gear when I jump to them. I can easily see myself thinking: "man... I didn't think about that, should have gone Squatch". If you dont ever plan on going to 35's or higher, then more power to you. It will still be a very capable wheeler.
Yeah, I likely won't ever go up to 35s but if I ever do I'd like to think I'll gain a mpg or two on the highway with the taller gears. Lol

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I likely won't ever go up to 35s but if I ever do I'd like to think I'll gain a mpg or two on the highway with the taller gears. Lol
Really, the engine options are powerful, the taller gears should still feel pretty good. I'm just greedy.
Sponsored