First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Might be 6 months might be two years. What other supply chain issues will come up? No telling what will be the next shortage.
Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Constraints still exist:

Badlands
Wildtrak
MIC top
2-door
Modular bumper
Sasquatch Package
Lux Package
Tow Package
2.7 motor

Spec a 4 door Big Bend softtop, 2.3, Mid package w stock bumper, make sure you're at a volume dealer, and your wait will likely be reasonable.

Next time you see Broncos in the wild, note how many are softtop Big Bends and Outer Banks. There will, naturally, be exceptions, but we're talking volume and odds here.

OP
OP

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t know how old your kids are but I have 3 wide in the back seat with a convertible seat in the middle and a booster seat on either side. It works and as the older kids get out of boosters theyā€™ll have even more room. Not bad at all for rear seat room

That is awesome, yeah mine are 2, 4, 6, 4 and 6 in boosters and 2y/o in forward facing narrow convertible.

do you run high back boosters with the two outer seats and can your kids buckle them?

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is awesome, yeah mine are 2, 4, 6, 4 and 6 in boosters and 2y/o in forward facing narrow convertible.

do you run high back boosters with the two outer seats and can your kids buckle them?
Ha I have the exact same ages. The boosters are high back and they canā€™t quite buckle themselves in yet but they can both unbuckle on their own. Our convertible is the Graco SlimFit. When they get a little older theyā€™ll be able to buckle in but itā€™s easy for me to buckle them. Also, I removed the inside armrest for the boosters to make it easier.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What you order and from where determines the unknown answer. Search fir a dealer who doesnā€™t have many orders, thatā€™s your best shot at not waiting a year or more.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you option the aux switches.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So your saying the salesman estimate of 6 months is likely wrong....lol

I am actually ok with a wait as my f150 is really nice but just wondering what kind of wait I am looking at...6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 24 months...

then again I can do a nation wide search and see what is out there
You never know how long. My sales guy said 6 months for a 2dr sas base manual and it end up being 6 and a half. Some people get them pretty quick and other end up waiting a very long time.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We are three wide. Booster and two rear facers.

My twins twos can spot a Bronco across parking lots.

We have the fever but no Bronco.

I donā€™t know how old your kids are but I have 3 wide in the back seat with a convertible seat in the middle and a booster seat on either side. It works and as the older kids get out of boosters theyā€™ll have even more room. Not bad at all for rear seat room

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Production should increase and demand should decrease. Wait times should decrease.

Jason

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kids say the darndest things, adults pray for the darnedest things.

Jason

Sponsored

dScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Genesis G80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
6 months seems like thier normal "I have no idea" reponse. The thing is there isn't any communication related to build order (or anything else really). Some get them in less then 6 months, some more. I am in month 6 right now, and no progress or communication. Just go into it with your eyes open, get the options you want, not what they tell you would make it faster, and be prepared to wait.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
New to the thread and had my 2021 f150 in for service at my local ford dealer and sat in a new big bend...I've been a Jeep Wrangler guy for years but with 3 kids switched over to f150.

The bronco has me tempted....if I ordered a base bronco 4door big bend 4cyl, MT, with just hardtop as the only option what does the wait look like and is it even possible to order without a reservation at this point?

I see that the 2023 order bank opens 8/15, salesman said 6 months if I order but I don't believe him at all given that I know people are still waiting since initial reservation.
Eventually the "got to have it" and multiple Bronco (who buys 3 of the same vehicle?!) folks will burn through. And Ford will get it's act together with some production issues.

I don't see the current 20k+ ADM situation going on for all that much longer, barring a meteor strike or something. Ford planned this out as a mass produced vehicle, and to make expected profit Ford has to meet those targets, they can't continue producing at boutique vehicle levels.

Place the order, but have a Wrangler now to enjoy open-top and off-road exploring. Because time is money, and life is too short to wait around for some vehicle to do stuff.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@JerseyMike i hate to talk you out of a bronco, but if I had younger kids that would be sitting in the back a lot, Iā€™d have second thoughts about the bronco. The back seat AC is non-existent. A tiny bit will flow from under the seats but not much at all. There are no rear vents. I get around this by allocating a couple front vents to the back seat passengers and blasting the AC. Itā€™s powerful but loud.

regarding timing, nobody knows. I lucked out and got mine in 5 months with no reservation, but ordered right before people starting switching to a soft top, I donā€™t have technology options, and some from my build week are still waiting on their builds to get off the mountain (condolences to patient 1/24 folks šŸ˜¢)

OP
OP

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JerseyMike i hate to talk you out of a bronco, but if I had younger kids that would be sitting in the back a lot, Iā€™d have second thoughts about the bronco. The back seat AC is non-existent. A tiny bit will flow from under the seats but not much at all. There are no rear vents. I get around this by allocating a couple front vents to the back seat passengers and blasting the AC. Itā€™s powerful but loud.

regarding timing, nobody knows. I lucked out and got mine in 5 months with no reservation, but ordered right before people starting switching to a soft top, I donā€™t have technology options, and some from my build week are still waiting on their builds to get off the mountain (condolences to patient 1/24 folks šŸ˜¢)
I hear you, and the f150 I have now makes much more sense from a logical senseā€¦.roomy, comfortable, great tech and actually relatively great fuel economyā€¦itā€™s the impractical fun side that pulls me in
Sponsored