First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New to the thread and had my 2021 f150 in for service at my local ford dealer and sat in a new big bend...I've been a Jeep Wrangler guy for years but with 3 kids switched over to f150.

The bronco has me tempted....if I ordered a base bronco 4door big bend 4cyl, MT, with just hardtop as the only option what does the wait look like and is it even possible to order without a reservation at this point?

I see that the 2023 order bank opens 8/15, salesman said 6 months if I order but I don't believe him at all given that I know people are still waiting since initial reservation.
Sponsored

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't condone this, but, if I was just now getting the Bronco bug. I would loosen the purse strings and look country-wide for a close to retail priced model and live with it.
All the meanwhile ordering exactly what I want and prepare for a waiting period of unknown length.
It's just an opinion though.

OP
OP

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So your saying the salesman estimate of 6 months is likely wrong....lol

I am actually ok with a wait as my f150 is really nice but just wondering what kind of wait I am looking at...6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 24 months...

then again I can do a nation wide search and see what is out there

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People that are seeing very long wait times, usually have a lot of constraint items on the list - your build looks pretty simple and probably will not take nearly as long. The hard top is the only item that could slow it up, but that has been easing quite a bit lately. Place the order.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd say six months is very possible -- if it were a soft top.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you put in the order at a large, high-volume dealership that does not have a lot of Bronco orders you may get scheduled fairly quick - Seems the biggest "constraint" is dealer allocations. You will need to shop around and find an honest dealership that will actually be open about how many Bronco orders they have and how they are doing as far as getting allocations.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find a dealer nearby that has a solid allocation track record (that you can verify) and place your order with them. I had two orders - one from the first week of reservations in July 2020 that likely won’t be built until 2023 & one with a local dealer I found on here that I ordered with in November 2021 and was built by March 2022. Same exact configurations containing every supposed constraint but hardtop and tow. Also no ADM bs with my local guy that delivered. Good luck, it is a journey!

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, I shouldn't have to say this, get your deal in writing, with a deposit, and signatures.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait times are likely over a year and maybe two years for heavily constrained builds with items like a MIC top. FWIW, I still don’t have a VIN for my 7/20/20 reservation but I dropped the MIC top and Sasquatch package on a December 2021 order from the same dealer and that one I’ve been driving since April 14th. OBX/2.7/LUX/Leather

Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New to the thread and had my 2021 f150 in for service at my local ford dealer and sat in a new big bend...I've been a Jeep Wrangler guy for years but with 3 kids switched over to f150.

The bronco has me tempted....if I ordered a base bronco 4door big bend 4cyl, MT, with just hardtop as the only option what does the wait look like and is it even possible to order without a reservation at this point?

I see that the 2023 order bank opens 8/15, salesman said 6 months if I order but I don't believe him at all given that I know people are still waiting since initial reservation.
thats almost identical to my build. My wait was approximately a year but mine didn’t deal with the chip shortage (mine was the hardtop). If you have the patience to wait I’m guessing 18 months. They nickel & dime you for every feature. I agree with the near msrp option if you need one now. Good luck, mine was worth the wait.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So your saying the salesman estimate of 6 months is likely wrong....lol

I am actually ok with a wait as my f150 is really nice but just wondering what kind of wait I am looking at...6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 24 months...

then again I can do a nation wide search and see what is out there
My kid ordered a Base, 2.3l back in January, he got it in May. So you have a chance, your biggest constraint being the hard top, because a year in and it appears Webasto still can't figure out how to mass produce them.

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base

I ordered a base 4dr few options Jan 22 unit was built, shipped and delivered June 17th

OP
OP

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a base 4dr few options Jan 22 unit was built, shipped and delivered June 17th
How do like it compared to wrangler? is the back seat wider? (I have 3 kids and wrangler was super tight)

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do like it compared to wrangler? is the back seat wider? (I have 3 kids and wrangler was super tight)
I don’t know how old your kids are but I have 3 wide in the back seat with a convertible seat in the middle and a booster seat on either side. It works and as the older kids get out of boosters they’ll have even more room. Not bad at all for rear seat room
Sponsored