Sponsored

Any reviews on Ford accessory soft top(Bestop) on 2D?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone included the soft top that Ford sells on their 2D? If so, any information is appreciated.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As far as reviews maybe check out a Jeep forum. Bestop has been making Jeep tops for years, so I'm guessing they make a quality product. And, you can probably buy one through Bestop cheaper than Ford would sell them, but I don't know if they are available to the public yet.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had a Bestop on my ‘76 early Bronco in 1994 so they’ve been around awhile.

My 2015 JKU? Wrangler had a Bestop for the factory “Sunrider” (optional insulated & headliner) soft top. This top was awesome and suitable for year round use here on the central east coast.

unfortunately Bestop still has nothing on their website for the 2021 Bronco

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was watching the BN video where Esteban was showing the Bestop on a 4D. He took off the windows and flipped it back to the 1/2 position and that was it. I wanted to see how it went all the way back - if it does - because it has that fastback angle. Has anyone seen the Fastback Bestop all the way down?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, but it really pisses me off that Ford isn't just allowing us 2-door folks to get that now instead of holding up our orders. It's been in the B&P for a long time.

They could charge me for the soft top now and I would gladly pay for it, then they could ship the "free" hard top that was supposed to come with my Bronco to a dealership for me for pick up later.

Or they could give me the Bestop for free now along with the plumbing and wiring for a hard top, and let me worry about buying a hard top later.

I would be happy either way. Getting bumped behind every 4-door soft top order? Not making me happy.

Ford Bronco Any reviews on Ford accessory soft top(Bestop) on 2D? 1628437233168

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone included the soft top that Ford sells on their 2D? If so, any information is appreciated.
No info other than I still have the original aftermarket CJ-7 Bestop that was one of the first without snaps. And it's still in nice shape today, other than some scratching of the windows.

Hoping the aftermarket comes through with several Bronco soft top options at different price points, similar to the current Wrangler offerings.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks - I completely agree. If Ford would simply email their buyers and tell them that if they order a soft top with their Bronco, they can receive it much faster, and then Ford will allow them to receive their hard top in a year, etc., it would be a win/win and fix 80% of their dramas.
Sponsored