Sponsored

Any way to remove the speed limitations...

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What tires will you be running? Typically max speed from the factor is set based on tire rating.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Appreciate those who responded with valid answers. Will look into a tune as the limiter is controlled by the computer(s) and not a physical limiter. Was hoping there was a "finding" in the ForScan code banks someone might have found.

As for the peanut gallery....keep watching YouTube videos of others having experiences you only dream of having that they are living out verses limiting themselves to a personal bank account or lack thereof. It is all in the perception of your reality. Live in the box or outside of it. Your life...you live it the way you want.
Uh, never dreamed of that, actually. Your dream maybe. lol

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

low speed Bronco police chases, not ones ending with the white bronco flipping 47 times before catching fire.
That sure would have made things simpler...

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don’t you just get that Bronco R for all that….“Baja sand running in the salt flats is a lot more fun around 110-120”?

Ford Bronco Any way to remove the speed limitations... 3FBB0356-C53E-4E9E-B716-81B35E32B12D

If I had the bucks, I’d go full Buck Rogers
If that thing only goes 120 I'd be real pissed.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've run at the limiter for miles, felt good.

But this coming from a guy with removed limiters on my Excursion and F150. A lifted Excursion will cruise at 125mph all day.

FB_IMG_1680641541107.jpg
One of my favorites. Them things get nasty. One of the most slept on vehicle imo.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t care what someone does to their Bronco. I was more or less posting a little something to laugh at.
Personally I don’t think a Bronco is built for extreme mods like speed and hardcore off roading. I can see and do see on YouTube, purpose built vehicles wrapped in Bronco skin. That’s about all that resembles a Bronco. Or no skin at all. Underneath is all business. Just my opinion. But have at it. If you can get it to 150, do it.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the most powerful bronco in the world.
I have the most modified bronco in the world.
I have drilled more holes in my perfectly good mic 2.0 top than anyone.
I have more Nutserts in my body panels then I do bolts.
I may have the most lights, that's debatable.

I have went against the grain on this sight for almost a year now. I have proven bad ideas good over and over again. Have told many to fuck off or get fucked.

To date Ive never had a failed project, upgrade, or mod. Ive done more stupid shit than most can even comprehend to my truck.

When we all say removing the limiter and trying to max it is not a good idea and it tops out at 135ish. That's when you should should start paying attention.

Do you know how a bronco handles over 130?

Let me know how it goes, Physics master.
Listen to this guy ^^^

I don't often agree with him, his taste in lights looks like something made to communicate with aliens, but to his credit, all the work does at least seem to be very well done.

If the goal truly is to go 'dune racing in Baja California at 120+', then it's not going to happen in what is essentially a stock-ish street legal vehicle. Trucks that run in race classes like that are doing it in bespoke, purpose-built rigs *meant* to deal with terrain at speed.

tl;dr Just because someone might have a Mustang doesn't mean they have a race car.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Listen to this guy ^^^

I don't often agree with him, his taste in lights looks like something made to communicate with aliens, but to his credit, all the work does at least seem to be very well done.

If the goal truly is to go 'dune racing in Baja California at 120+', then it's not going to happen in what is essentially a stock-ish street legal vehicle. Trucks that run in race classes like that are doing it in bespoke, purpose-built rigs *meant* to deal with terrain at speed.

tl;dr Just because someone might have a Mustang doesn't mean they have a race car.
Maybe the first time I’ve ever seen the whole forum agreeing. Since my light post that is. World may be ending.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have “U rated” tires or above (H,V,W,Y,Z), go for it. If not, you’re an …..!, and I would rather not be driving with you on any road.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have “U rated” tires or above (H,V,W,Y,Z), go for it. If not, you’re an …..!, and I would rather not be driving with you on any road.
Pretty sure none of the trophy trucks going 140 on a lakebed or down a baja highway have tires rated for any of that lol

OP, a whipple tune can raise the limiter to 120, that's probably going to be more to your liking. Now stop asking fun questions and getting everyone upset.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the most powerful bronco in the world.
I have the most modified bronco in the world.
I have drilled more holes in my perfectly good mic 2.0 top than anyone.
I have more Nutserts in my body panels then I do bolts.
I may have the most lights, that's debatable.

I have went against the grain on this sight for almost a year now. I have proven bad ideas good over and over again. Have told many to fuck off or get fucked.

To date Ive never had a failed project, upgrade, or mod. Ive done more stupid shit than most can even comprehend to my truck.

When we all say removing the limiter and trying to max it is not a good idea and it tops out at 135ish. That's when you should should start paying attention.

Do you know how a bronco handles over 130?

Let me know how it goes, Physics master.
I once street raced an old fullsize Bronco, passed 100 on the straightaway after about 5 minutes of accelerating.

I'm sure he'll be fine in a new Bronco as long as he's careful.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that it can be done with FORSCAN, but I am going to have to test it out first, but no reason that it won't work.
Sponsored