Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already notified to cancel mine. I had a reservation within 30 minutes of the reveal and no notice of a build time. And after seeing them in person at Super Cel East 2020, they were just okay. Great looking but not floored like I hoped to be.

I'm going to probably get a truck or something with a V8 and save myself $20K.
Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would that happen? Do you have many of the limited commodities?
Mic Top and tow package. I need to give my dealer a call this week and find out many builds they've had scheduled so far. I was #10 on the allocation list. That was before the priority build news came out. So there is no telling where I'll be after that and the delays.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?
maybe
zz4.JPG
Had a 4Runner for a rental car last week. Was a nice vehicle to drive. If they would hurry up and actually release something I might consider it, both vehicles have trade offs (which is more important, top off or tow rating etc. etc.)

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would love to drive one off the lot today, but I am okay with a '22. I get a shot at the mysterious green and Yellowstone. My old F150 will still be rolling for a long time and my finances will only get better with time.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ve been here for a while, and mid July is around the time we should start seeing some Broncos hit the streets. Why not hold your place in line since you’re a MY22 anyways? It’s a little disconcerting to see so many bale so close to the finish line. Are you certain you won’t have a pang of regret the first few times you pull up next to a Bronco at a stop light? All this process mess with Ford will be an ancient history when Broncos are in driveways.
I was always a 2021, and was only buying if I was a 2021. I was an early 7/14 reservation and never wanted a 2022. I learned to drive a manual, in the Mojave desert, in a Ford Bronco.

There are a number of things I don't like about the process, and a few things I don't like about the vehicle; however, I really wanted a new Ford Bronco, for old time's sake. I was willing to overlook a few of the things, but over the course of almost a year now, there have been too many failings. I'm unwilling to overlook almost a year of failings.

The vehicle, mechanically, is what it is. The vehicle isn't better or worse than the competition; it's essentially the same, and that's why they are all competing products. It's what happens when a design and engineering team take a Wrangler and try to build it for a broader market. They made a Wrangler that appeals to more people, but they didn't build a "better" vehicle.

If I really consider why I was buying it, it was because it was a 2021 Ford Bronco, for nostalgia; not because it was better than the competition. When I look at what vehicle is a "better" vehicle, for me, it's a Jeep Wrangler. So, after I got over the nostalgia of wanting a 2021 Ford Bronco, I realized for the long-term, actually owning and driving a vehicle, the Jeep is just better.

Will I feel a pang of regret, maybe, emotionally. Rationally though, the Wrangler will be a better vehicle.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was always a 2021, and was only buying if I was a 2021. I was an early 7/14 reservation and never wanted a 2022.
If I really consider why I was buying it, it was because it was a 2021 Ford Bronco, for nostalgia
I'm not following the logic here. Why does 2021 matter so much? What does 2021 have to do with the nostalgia of the vehicle? What if Ford had labelled them all 2022s from the beginning, rather than trying to sneak in a half of a model year?

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've slowly started exploring alternative vehicles. I really want the Bronco, but at the present moment we only have 1 car and as my office returns to work in the coming months it will be a huge strain to wait another 6+ months for a Bronco. Don't really want to buy a temp beater.

With that said, if not a Bronco what would you get? This question has stumped me for weeks as I'm really not excited about most cars on the road.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Broncodave

1964.5 Bronco.

If I consider the mechanicals, it's no different than a 4Runner or a Wrangler (for the most part), so logically, rationally, there really isn't much of a reason to choose a Bronco over the competition. Although, when you really get down to it, there is more I like about the Wrangler than I like about the Bronco, mechanically.

The reason I want one is because I was 13-14 years old, given the keys to an early Bronco and told to just tell the gas station attendant to "fill 'er up" and charge the account. I had a buddy who's father owned a Ford dealership. We spent an entire summer in 4wheel drive. Or to put it another way, an early Bronco was my "babysitter" for a summer, and I fell in love with the babysitter that summer.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've slowly started exploring alternative vehicles. I really want the Bronco, but at the present moment we only have 1 car and as my office returns to work in the coming months it will be a huge strain to wait another 6+ months for a Bronco. Don't really want to buy a temp beater.

With that said, if not a Bronco what would you get? This question has stumped me for weeks as I'm really not excited about most cars on the road.
This is exactly my situation. Only one car, realized we kinda need the next one before September. Thinking of 99ing my Bronco and getting a Mojave gladiator to mess around with until i can get the 2022 Bronco. Will it kill me to be in the gladiator and see a Bronco? I don’t know, maybe. But maybe not. There are some fun things to do with the gladiator, and it would make a nice camping truck. I’m not wild about it’s looks. But I think it would be fun to take through my woods (assuming I can get its long ass through there) and I could use the bed to move some stuff around on the property.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

2022 Defender 90 110
2022 F150 Lightning
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
2021 Grand Cherokee L
2022 Grand Wagoneer

Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly my situation. Only one car, realized we kinda need the next one before September. Thinking of 99ing my Bronco and getting a Mojave gladiator to mess around with until i can get the 2022 Bronco. Will it kill me to be in the gladiator and see a Bronco? I don’t know, maybe. But maybe not. There are some fun things to do with the gladiator, and it would make a nice camping truck. I’m not wild about it’s looks. But I think it would be fun to take through my woods (assuming I can get its long ass through there) and I could use the bed to move some stuff around on the property.
So far if I were to cancel the Bronco, which I truly hope not to. I think the best move would be to retrofit my F150 a bit and go get a fun driver like a Cayenne.

Last edited:

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's most certainly a no for me. I'm buying into a lifestyle & realistically the only other option for that lifestyle is the wrangler, which I would have purchased at this point if I liked it at all.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2022 Defender 90 110
2022 F150 Lightning
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
2021 Grand Cherokee L
2022 Grand Wagoneer
Any of these come in at under 35k with similar options as the base Bronco? It's a rhetorical question..

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was always a 2021, and was only buying if I was a 2021. I was an early 7/14 reservation and never wanted a 2022. I learned to drive a manual, in the Mojave desert, in a Ford Bronco.

There are a number of things I don't like about the process, and a few things I don't like about the vehicle; however, I really wanted a new Ford Bronco, for old time's sake. I was willing to overlook a few of the things, but over the course of almost a year now, there have been too many failings. I'm unwilling to overlook almost a year of failings.

The vehicle, mechanically, is what it is. The vehicle isn't better or worse than the competition; it's essentially the same, and that's why they are all competing products. It's what happens when a design and engineering team take a Wrangler and try to build it for a broader market. They made a Wrangler that appeals to more people, but they didn't build a "better" vehicle.

If I really consider why I was buying it, it was because it was a 2021 Ford Bronco, for nostalgia; not because it was better than the competition. When I look at what vehicle is a "better" vehicle, for me, it's a Jeep Wrangler. So, after I got over the nostalgia of wanting a 2021 Ford Bronco, I realized for the long-term, actually owning and driving a vehicle, the Jeep is just better.

Will I feel a pang of regret, maybe, emotionally. Rationally though, the Wrangler will be a better vehicle.
Of course I’m all in on the Bronco (obvious bias) and short of another round of priority orders, wild horses couldn’t drive me away (pun intended), but I would say other than SFA and the articulation that comes with that, Ford looked at the competition and did most things a little better.......even Diehard Jeep guys are on record as agreeing with that statement.

Now, there will come a time when Broncos competition threat and market presence will force Jeeps hand to make a better product, but that time isn’t now. It’ll take more than dropping a hemi in a Rubicon to get there. On paper(big caveat) Ford is a better, or at least more versatile vehicle, especially as an all around rock crawler when combined with its paved/dirty road manners. Watch those videos again of a WT flying over uneven, washboard dirt roads at 65mph then try that in a stock Jeep and let me know how that works out for you. The SFA is jeeps biggest advantage, but possibly its biggest problem, unless you live and work in a rock quarry.

From modularity ability out of the factory (35” tires, Sas, Sway bar disco, door removal and storage, etc.,) I think the Bronco comes out on top for the money. And don’t get me started on aesthetic appeal with the retro gen1 good looks vs the Jeep.

I hope it works out for you Aces, but you’ve waited a long time and there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.....just don’t be so quick to burn your Bronco bridges yet. You can hold onto that reality for a $100.
Sponsored

Last edited: