Sponsored

Anybody into Formula 1?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve grown up around formula cars in SCCA as my dad started racing in 82 and I started in karts in 85 and moved to SCCA formula cars in 92. Back in the 80’s dad used to get VHS tapes of races when it was a younger senna, Prost, Lauda, Piquet, etc. The racing was so much better back then. Nothing but a parade nowadays. Want to watch excellent racing? British Touring Car Championship.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve grown up around formula cars in SCCA as my dad started racing in 82 and I started in karts in 85 and moved to SCCA formula cars in 92. Back in the 80’s dad used to get VHA tapes of races when it was a younger senna, Prost, Lauda, Piquet, etc. The racing was so much better back then. Nothing but a parade nowadays. Want to watch excellent racing? British Touring Car Championship.
DTM and Australian Super Cars aren't too bad either.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DTM and Australian Super Cars aren't too bad either.
For sure! Love some Aussie V8’s. I was at the Australian GP in 1997 and they were a support race which was awesome. Only race that was better was the formula ford support race.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The team radio clearly showed them telling him it was ok. And neither clause in the regulations or directives actually prohibit what he did. According to the letter of the descriptions that location seemed to be allowed. I.e. it was "on the right-hand side after the pit exit lights". There are no other restrictions and the FIA did not clarify why they thought what he did violated one or both of those (which it clearly didn't).

The Finnish broadcaster leaking the story before the race and before the official FIA announcement was a bit odd as well. Looks to me like they were just looking for something to throw at him and that showed up as unusual. It kind of stinks for us since we didn't get to see the Merc's battling on different strategies. My guess is that BOT would still have won though. The soft tires were just the wrong thing to have on. In the end it didn't really help much in terms of making the race more exciting but did throw a bone to the Hamilton haters.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread seems to have died off even though there's a great season going on.

Here's what a buddy sent me while he was out for a bike ride last weekend.... He lives outside Amsterdam. Connect the dots ;)

Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? Jero

FWIW, I was shocked that Bottas was retained for this year. He isn't even the Robin to Hamilton's Batman (And I hate Hamilton).

Next year will certainly see a shake-up in the pecking order with the expansive new formula changes, but i'm excited for Russel to be less of a patsy to Hamilton and potential friction there. Hamilton only plays nicely with a teammate when he's winning and given preferential treatment. The definition of a diva pales at the majesty of his douche-bagery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's what a buddy sent me while he was out for a bike ride last weekend.... He lives outside Amsterdam. Connect the dots ;)

FWIW, I was shocked that Bottas was retained for this year. He isn't even the Robin to Hamilton's Batman (And I hate Hamilton).

Next year will certainly see a shake-up in the pecking order with the expansive new formula changes, but i'm excited for Russel to be less of a patsy to Hamilton and potential friction there. Hamilton only plays nicely with a teammate when he's winning and given preferential treatment. The definition of a diva pales at the majesty of his douche-bagery.
Yeah, this season has been pretty exciting. I can't wait for Austin, I got all my Kimi swag to wear for his last USGP. Really going to miss having him in the sport.

And I can't wait for Russell to pair up with Hamilton, that's got the potential for spicyness lol

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company please get back into Formula 1 and provide an Engine. You can do it!
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? you-can-do-it-rob-schneider

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, this season has been pretty exciting. I can't wait for Austin, I got all my Kimi swag to wear for his last USGP. Really going to miss having him in the sport.

And I can't wait for Russell to pair up with Hamilton, that's got the potential for spicyness lol
It's been Kimi's time to retire for a bit now. But he still has a small ownership stake in AR, which is fun.

Have to ask, what team is your Kimi gear for?

I have Kimi-specific Lotus polo and hat that was sourced at the inaugural COTA race. Ended up being a huge blessing to be entirely cash-only at the event.

What shit-show that race ended up being! None of the wi-fi was working thorough the entire race site so it was cash only, no functioning cash machines, no drinking fountains, $13.00 bottles of water nobody could actually buy, 100+ degrees, full sun, and the stands/grass weren't finished yet. People were walking around in a daze due to heat stroke or sunburned beyond belief and massively dehydrated.

But the race was awesome, and it was the final year of V8's which were just amazing in person compared to the current noise-suppressed V6's.

OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been Kimi's time to retire for a bit now. But he still has a small ownership stake in AR, which is fun.

Have to ask, what team is your Kimi gear for?

I have Kimi-specific Lotus polo and hat that was sourced at the inaugural COTA race. Ended up being a huge blessing to be entirely cash-only at the event.

What shit-show that race ended up being! None of the wi-fi was working thorough the entire race site so it was cash only, no functioning cash machines, no drinking fountains, $13.00 bottles of water nobody could actually buy, 100+ degrees, full sun, and the stands/grass weren't finished yet. People were walking around in a daze due to heat stroke or sunburned beyond belief and massively dehydrated.

But the race was awesome, and it was the final year of V8's which were just amazing in person compared to the current noise-suppressed V6's.
I have some Ferrari and Alfa gear, and a Raikkonen shirt that looks like the Heineken label.

I agree it's been time for him to go for a while now, but he's been my favorite driver, and possibly favorite human ever since he got out of his burning car and walked like 20 minutes straight to his yacht.

Then theres this lol
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? a06a144108065c934c5f6c4ed449f12e

Sponsored

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been a big fan for 10 to 12 years now. Went to the Montreal GP a couple times. Fantastic experience especially when they were still running the V8's. Just getting pretty exhausted of Hamilton walking the field every race lately.
Red Bull has made this a good season. Verstappen is tough.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have some Ferrari and Alfa gear, and a Raikkonen shirt that looks like the Heineken label.

I agree it's been time for him to go for a while now, but he's been my favorite driver, and possibly favorite human ever since he got out of his burning car and walked like 20 minutes straight to his yacht.

Then theres this lol
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? a06a144108065c934c5f6c4ed449f12e
Ice Man has been an absolute favorite in our F1 watch group for sure!

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL they did it for a very long time before getting out of F1 in the 1990s
I know, and it's a damn shame Ford quit! The Ford Cosworth DFV in Formula 1 and the DFX in CART was a force to be reckoned with from 1968 to 1987. Ford can do it again! With the the new rule changes in Formula 1.. Now's the time @Ford Motor Company check out this article with a sweet video I found.. Oh the good ol' days!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a27227040/cosworth-dfv-v8-f1-sound/
Sponsored