Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, and it's a damn shame Ford quit! The Ford Cosworth DFV in Formula 1 and the DFX in CART was a force to be reckoned with from 1968 to 1987. Ford can do it again! With the the new rule changes in Formula 1.. Now's the time @Ford Motor Company check out this article with a sweet video I found.. Oh the good ol' days!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a27227040/cosworth-dfv-v8-f1-sound/
Don't forget about the Zetec-R. As found in this little guy.
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? fos-2019-benetton-b194-joe-harding-goodwood-16071906

Took Schumacher to WDC #1
Sponsored

NachoMama

First Name
TIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yepper, I've been to Indy back in like 2001, 2002, and 2003 and was there when Michelin screwed up their tires and those with Michelin tires couldn't race. Also, I've been to one Montreal once.

Anyway, it's been a great season so far and the title competition is pretty intense!

OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yepper, I've been to Indy back in like 2001, 2002, and 2003 and was there when Michelin screwed up their tires and those with Michelin tires couldn't race. Also, I've been to one Montreal once.

Anyway, it's been a great season so far and the title competition is pretty intense!
What year did you go to Montreal? That circuit always seems to have the BEST races every year. Love that race and hope to go one day

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to only watch NASCAR, but I got interested in F1 when Shumacher and Ferrari were dominating the sport. I have an appreciation for the technicality of F1. Not to say NASCAR is not just as technical, F1 is just different and a lot of Cup fans are not into it. I enjoy all of the tracks F1 races on as well. I have wanted to go to the F1 race at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin. Maybe a road trip when I get my Bronco.

NachoMama

First Name
TIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What year did you go to Montreal? That circuit always seems to have the BEST races every year. Love that race and hope to go one day
I'm guessing like 2005-2007.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody going to the race this weekend? I've been following F1 since I've been a kid but I've never been to a race, never had the money, but I finally get to go! Anyone else going?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anybody going to the race this weekend? I've been following F1 since I've been a kid but I've never been to a race, never had the money, but I finally get to go! Anyone else going?
I went to the inaugural race at COTA in 2012, it was a great time!

The track is not as close to Austin as it sounds, if you take a pay-for-time taxi it will get expensive very quickly. The final few miles are a narrow 2-lane road that is a parking lot. Get a fixed-fee delivery or some hotels are offering shuttles to the track, take them up on that!

Suggest you plan on arriving at least an hour before the gates open. But at least you'll already be used to Texas insane winter temperatures. I was melting as temps were in the upper 90's (our normal temps are 50-55 degrees this time of year).

Hope to see some pics!!!!!

OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the inaugural race at COTA in 2012, it was a great time!

The track is not as close to Austin as it sounds, if you take a pay-for-time taxi it will get expensive very quickly. The final few miles are a narrow 2-lane road that is a parking lot. Get a fixed-fee delivery or some hotels are offering shuttles to the track, take them up on that!

Suggest you plan on arriving at least an hour before the gates open. But at least you'll already be used to Texas insane winter temperatures. I was melting as temps were in the upper 90's (our normal temps are 50-55 degrees this time of year).

Hope to see some pics!!!!!
We got an airbnb about 20 minutes from COTA and got parking passes so we don't have to mess with taxis or uber.

About the weather... yes, as a Native Texan I am very familiar with Octobers in Texas. I'll be taking an array of clothing but we should be mid-80s, which is absolutely gorgeous weather around here.

And you're definitely going to see some pics. Photography is kind of a hobby of mine and I went out and got myself a new lens just for this occasion. I usually do landscapes and look for light and color, this will be my first dive into action photography so no promises on good photos but I've been practicing on my dogs 😂

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used to only watch NASCAR, but I got interested in F1 when Shumacher and Ferrari were dominating the sport. I have an appreciation for the technicality of F1. Not to say NASCAR is not just as technical, F1 is just different and a lot of Cup fans are not into it. I enjoy all of the tracks F1 races on as well. I have wanted to go to the F1 race at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin. Maybe a road trip when I get my Bronco.
Late to the thread but I have been a fan of all types racing. Grew up on Fireball Roberts, John Fitch, Lee Petty, Wood brothers, etc. Even became an early fan of SCCA due to kindergarten classmate Bobby Rahal's dad Mike and his RHD Lotus he drove on street and track

OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got some decent shots today. My camera and phone are currently having relationship issues and I didn't bring a laptop but was able to get a few off the camera.
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? DSC_9622.JPG
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? DSC_9498.JPG
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? DSC_9741.JPG
Ford Bronco Anybody into Formula 1? DSC_0006_1.JPG

Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm bored with B&P/I wish the FE came with more colors threads. So, while we're just waiting on the next round of news, is anybody into F1?

I'm a country kid from Texas, so it may seem odd that I'm a big F1 fan, but I am. Anybody else?
I just this week started watching F1: Drive to Survive and I am very quickly getting hooked.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you make your way up the tower? Was $20 for the MotoGP...I thought it was worth it.

OP
OP
iamchewby

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are great pics!!!!

It was fun to explain to the GF why Ricardo is a closet-American since he's Australian.

Australia is just British Texas 😂

I just this week started watching F1: Drive to Survive and I am very quickly getting hooked.
Awesome! There were so many people at the race last weekend that got into it because of that show, it's nice to see more Americans getting into the sport.

Did you make your way up the tower? Was $20 for the MotoGP...I thought it was worth it.
Never did go up the tower, wish I did though
Sponsored