Sponsored

Anyone actually bolt on beadlock rings yet?

Inigo Montoya

Badlands
First Name
Inigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see what you mean. The ring is not designed to do that. I’d have to remove one to show you, but I don’t think there is a way to safely install them without breaking the bead.
10/4. I was assuming that much. Thanks!
Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run beadlocks on my street car, of all the issues facing law enforcement I think beadlocks are very low on their priority list.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run beadlocks on my street car, of all the issues facing law enforcement I think beadlocks are very low on their priority list.
Yeah I agree. I'm guessing if it is an issue for the state, It would come up during state inspections.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right. I guess what I am saying is if you don't actually pop the bead off the factory setup and then bolt on the bead lock rings, will there be a gap between the ring and the wheel face / tire where the tire bead is supposed to go in an actual bead lock setup?
Dumb question but if you decide to use a true beadlock ring in a purely aesthetic configuration - for on-road driving - will there be an unsightly gap where the tire bead should be in a proper beadlock setup?
I post pics about this here. Its too big of a gap, looks bad.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-ring-as-a-trim-ring.26806/page-3#post-927962

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Word to the wise, if you're going to do the ford performance bead lock rings, and install them properly, do it on any other tire than the good year. aside from it's other issues, its just not a good match for the rings.

I first had the rings on the SAS good year tire and it took forever for the ring to seal properly. i had pressure issues for weeks, even without the bolts backing out. the tires are just too soft. I've since been running the BFG KO2, same recommended bolt pattern, and i have not had one pressure issue. it's just a better tire.

the good year is a good looking tire and i like how it rolls over boulders like a catcher's mitt, but its not the best tire for the bead lock.
Sponsored