Sponsored

Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with all comments above (including that the red one is not squatch). However, I think this has everything to do with those wide offset wheels. They are +0mm offset, which means they stick out a good bit. I really dislike the look of the overland concept's stance. It sits way too low and wide. It is different than any other sasquatch we have seen, which sits higher and has narrower track due to narrower offset. I know the BN guy in the video said this started as a sasquatched badlands, but I think he's wrong.
From what I've read, the Overland Badlands is NOT Sasquatch. It only has aftermarket rims wearing 35s. The Sasquatch has a lift which this vehicle didn't have which is why it looks too low. I saw one picture where it looks like the tire was a C hair from rubbing the fender when turned.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Struggling to decide squatch, no squatch. I keep waffling.

Yesterday saw the pics of the Overlander model from a head on look and the offset of the 35's and squatch flares look a bit too bro dozerish for my taste (Not knocking the lifted, way offset tire look. If you bro doze like that, have at it, just isn't for me)

Makes me waffle back to thinking 33 MT's or AT's will be perfect for a 2 dr.

Now, to figure out Race Red vs Rapid Red. These choices are painful!

squatchfront.png
I generally prefer a more classic look of the tires not sticking outward as much. Considering a base model, which also happens to have the less wide flares. Will probably swap to 33" tires, but would use wheels (offset) that keep the tires flush with the flares. (Actually I wouldn't mind tires flush with the body and little or no flares, but that would probably interfere with frame/suspension components.)

33" vs 35"? So much depends on lift, in terms of how it looks. The "stance" so to speak. Relatively small changes in body height can make tires look good or not so good. For example, I had 31" tires on an old CJ-5, and people were often asking if they were 33" tires. Because of the smaller wheelbase and how I tuned the lift height, the tires appeared bigger than they actually were.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at Super Cel east on Wednesday and spoke to the guy who drove the A51 overland Bronco and is a “ford engineer” and he told me this was a “regular badlands that was NOt squatched”. He said they added aftermarket wheels and 35x12.5s. It does have squatch fenders on it but he reiterated not squatch suspension that’s why it’s sitting a bit lower.

I googled those 15 52 wheels and the offset on those is +4.75” or 0 offset.

would love to know the exact offset on the factory optional badlands wheels and the factory squatch wheels... hope someone gets it the details week

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we would all being lying to ourselves of we couldn’t admit that the 2 door with 35s looks a bit bloated. 33s will be more my style.

I’ll have to see the 4 door in person before I can say it needs 35s to look good. I’m at the dealership right now sitting next to a 4 door rubicon on 285/70r17s (sound familiar) and it looks great. 33s may work on the 4 door too.

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any idea why this was moved from the General board to the Tire board?

Lights posts on the General board aren't moved to the Lighting board.

Roof rack questions aren't moved from General board to the exterior mods or roof rack board.

Etc, etc, etc.

Love to know why this particular thread warranted being moved from the General Board to the Tire board from the mod that did it.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One other thing to consider is that 4 door Area 51 with the 315s, which sounds like its just a Badlands and NOT Squatched, is weighted down with a considerable amount of extra weight, in the rear, on the roof, and the front with winch and steel carrier too.

The Squatch springs would support that weight better.

I think those particular tires and wheels with that offset would look perfect on a Sasquatch truck.

I personally think the wheel/tire on the factory Sasquatch trucks sit a little too far inboard for my tastes. Id like it better if it was a little more flush with the edge of the flare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One other thing to consider is that 4 door Area 51 with the 315s, which sounds like its just a Badlands and NOT Squatched, is weighted down with a considerable amount of extra weight, in the rear, on the roof, and the front with winch and steel carrier too.

The Squatch springs would support that weight better.

I think those particular tires and wheels with that offset would look perfect on a Sasquatch truck.

I personally think the wheel/tire on the factory Sasquatch trucks sit a little too far inboard for my tastes. Id like it better if it was a little more flush with the edge of the flare.
Obviously you're wrong and I'm right. But you're a Dawg so I'll allow it! ;-)

Ready to see the Vols take an L on Saturday!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Obviously you're wrong and I'm right. But you're a Dawg so I'll allow it! ;-)

Ready to see the Vols take an L on Saturday!
Amen brother! Stetson for Heisman! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any idea why this was moved from the General board to the Tire board?

Lights posts on the General board aren't moved to the Lighting board.

Roof rack questions aren't moved from General board to the exterior mods or roof rack board.

Etc, etc, etc.

Love to know why this particular thread warranted being moved from the General Board to the Tire board from the mod that did it.
Because reasons? ?‍♂

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The kid in me LOVES the BroDozer look.

Realistically speaking, I won’t be at Moab. My real use is Boy Scout camping with my boy. Family road trips. And bucket lists that are a combo of long ass road trip to awesome parks and overlanding through forest roads to unknown spaces.

After watching the dude on The Road Chose Me, I think that stock 32 or 33s are the way for me to go. He even was persuasive enough for me to back down from the Badlands dream to a Black Diamond reality.
Sponsored