Sponsored

Anyone else think that the SAS tires suck in the rain?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your truck weighs nearly 2x what the bronco does, with the majority of the weight over the front axle, way more percentage than the bronco does over the front axle. Wheel base length plays into this equation as well. My f350 handles conditions like that better than any other vehicle I've ever driven so matter what tires I've had on it.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have standard (nonSAS) Bridgestones which work very well.in the rain.

We have had hard enough rain to use Slippery Mode, which is only 4A, not 4H along with engaging the rear locker.

And no water intrusion through softtop while driving. My only rain complaints are roof gutter designed to shed water on you when going through a dive-through, AND, no rain sensing capability. Wipers ate either on or off. Sure there is varying intermittent speed but a $55k vehicle should know when the windshield is dry enough to shut off the wipers (and turn them on without asking)

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the crowd of these Goodyears are nothing to call home about. Wet grass is enough to end you if you’re not careful. I was sad to see that contract lock in.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have standard (nonSAS) Bridgestones which work very well.in the rain.

We have had hard enough rain to use Slippery Mode, which is only 4A, not 4H along with engaging the rear locker.

And no water intrusion through softtop while driving. My only rain complaints are roof gutter designed to shed water on you when going through a dive-through, AND, no rain sensing capability. Wipers ate either on or off. Sure there is varying intermittent speed but a $55k vehicle should know when the windshield is dry enough to shut off the wipers (and turn them on without asking)
Don't engage a locker for rain

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I think the stock tires are pretty good. I will be changing to mtr 37’s though. And like anything else. 4 auto in rain. Press skinny pedal before hitting standing water. No hydroplane. Have to have power to the front wheels so they dig and not push.

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Solution:

Ford Bronco Anyone else think that the SAS tires suck in the rain? 1650111380388

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I have to drive over gravel on the road...
c43460ef5b5a7a692dc81f2c2e51efcec6a88r1-362-200_00.gif

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Replace them and don’t look back, worst tires I’ve ever had. Love my Mickey Bajas ATs, solves a lot of problems.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve only put about 300 miles on it […]
As for throughing gravel, they are the worst tire I’ve had.
My first time on gravel and I had to pull over to pluck the stones out. Couldn’t stand the sound of them smashing the car at 45-50 mph. That was around 200 miles on odometer. Next time I hit gravel and trails was at 1000 miles and it wasn’t anywhere near as bad. Maybe coincidence? I don’t live on a gravel road or id probably replace the tires and get hideous flaps.

regarding your initial question about rain: mine have been fine. I would think 4A might help in rain but I haven’t tried

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MT tires in general are not very good in the rain/snow, especially compared to AT tires (based on Google search comparison articles). I really liked the looks of the SAS package and the extras it includes but didn't really need to spend the extra money since this is a 'fun' car for the wife and she'll be more of a mall crawler with an occasional off road adventure. On her BL, I opted to get the upgraded wheels that look just like the SAS ones (33" vs 35" tires though) and kept the AT tires for better road handling. I think it saved around $3k too which never hurts.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the definition of rain is different, California rain is like nothing, Midwest rain is like a wall of water...

Kind of like wet snow vs dry snow.
Not always true, This season we had a storm that dumped about 2 to 3 inches in a few hours. It was a solid rain. I've lived out east and in the midwest and this was comparable. Add to that the fact that we so rarely get rain that the ground will not soak it up which means it will wash out the roads. So even in town you're always driving through literally inches of running water trying to make its way back to the ocean. The tires are solid. They were good and I'm not one to drive like grandma when it rains, I rather enjoy seeing what they'll do and won't do, much to the chagrin of other traffic that fears any precipitation.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MT tires in general are not very good in the rain/snow, especially compared to AT tires (based on Google search comparison articles). I really liked the looks of the SAS package and the extras it includes but didn't really need to spend the extra money since this is a 'fun' car for the wife and she'll be more of a mall crawler with an occasional off road adventure. On her BL, I opted to get the upgraded wheels that look just like the SAS ones (33" vs 35" tires though) and kept the AT tires for better road handling. I think it saved around $3k too which never hurts.
These aren't MT tires in the traditional understanding of that designation. They're called Maximum Traction all terrains or something like that.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sold the goodyears and went with BFGs. Worst tires in 45 years off roading and just street driving.
Ford Bronco Anyone else think that the SAS tires suck in the rain? image000000(2)
Sponsored