Sponsored

Anyone else's insurance going up like crazy this year?

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2019 VW atlas
2023 Bronco Badland
Boat trailer, atv trailer, snowmobile trailer

11 month cycle $2,543 in mass
Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting screwed bad in Upstate NY!! Gotta pay for all the insurance fraud people claim all the time.. Insurance companies NEVER lose money..

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes! Got my renewal today, been steady for years, but going up 20% for the Bronco and 26% for my Rivian... Time to go shopping again, Geico's been the lowest for years, I hope they all didn't go up the same.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not car related, but recently found out that at some point in the last 4 years my agent changed my policy to a ridiculously high deductible without properly informing us. Apparently premiums went up so much she didn’t want to lose our business, so she changed our policy so we wouldn’t notice our auto draft change much. I’m furious. I would happily pay more premium to have a lower deductible. I live in Oklahoma. I found out when I tried to make my first claim in 6 years after some roof damage from a storm. My deductible is just under $8k. Which btw, is less than a new roof out of pocket. Apparently insurance agents have incentives/commission like structures and customer retention is a big factor. So I’ll be dipping into various retirement funds for a roof this year because insurance agents are under such pressure they’re acting unethically.
That is untrue about agents. Policies/deductibles have been changing over the years. Insurance carriers send notices about changes as required by law and the info is clearly stated. The majority of home polices now have wind/hurricane deductibles. 99% of consumers donot reas what i sent and do not read the polices. Read This: Current Insurance market

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Car insurance, not so much. My auto policy actually went down when I traded the 2015 F350 for the Bronco last year. This year it went up, but only by a little bit.

My homeowner's did go up about 40%, was paying $2,800, now it's $4,200. The wheel of excuses landed on "Your area was reclassified as high fire risk".
Read this:

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My insurance renews July 1, so I haven't seen any increase yet. Remember though, while many people just compare rates, the real difference in insurance is what happens after the wreck. Some cheaper premiums aren't worth it if you actually have to use the insurance.
Yep, Geico and Progressive are cheaper but have a wreck and you will wish you had State Farm or Allstate

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m getting screwed bad in Upstate NY!! Gotta pay for all the insurance fraud people claim all the time.. Insurance companies NEVER lose money..
Open an insurance company and see what you have to charge to make money.... Explain exactly how you are getting screwed.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You must have the most basic minimum coverage. Proper coverage is more important than the price.
Yes, I'm pretty poor so I had to do what I could. The bump in my insurance costs means that now I have to sell my place in the Hamptons and can only get to Martha's Vineyard once a month instead of twice. If these crooks at the insurance companies keep doing this kind of thing, eventually I'll probably have to move to someplace really substandard, like Long Island.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife is 1,000% loyal to state farm. I mentioned wanting to shop insurance and boy will I not be doing that again. I'll just pull from the vacation "budget" and not just let her know due to keeping state farm all we can eat while in Europe for two weeks is McDonalds until we get there.

Have not noticed a major spike in cost *yet*.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I'm pretty poor so I had to do what I could. The bump in my insurance costs means that now I have to sell my place in the Hamptons and can only get to Martha's Vineyard once a month instead of twice. If these crooks at the insurance companies keep doing this kind of thing, eventually I'll probably have to move to someplace really substandard, like Long Island.
poor people dont drive Bronco's..... Tell us about your license infractions and claims history.... The Hamptons is beautiful, you shoud pay us a visit.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife is 1,000% loyal to state farm. I mentioned wanting to shop insurance and boy will I not be doing that again. I'll just pull from the vacation "budget" and not just let her know due to keeping state farm all we can eat while in Europe for two weeks is McDonalds until we get there.

Have not noticed a major spike in cost *yet*.
Actually, the food in Europe is pretty inexpensive...

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually, the food in Europe is pretty inexpensive...
Good lord IDK about that. We might just be eating at different places. Copenhagen a few months ago had me wondering how people live there full time. It's typically the craft beer that gets me in trouble though honestly.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

poor people dont drive Bronco's..... Tell us about your license infractions and claims history.... The Hamptons is beautiful, you shoud pay us a visit.
Nah, I'll stick to the West Coast, we have these things called 'mountains'. There's pictures of them in books and online in case you've never seen a real one.
Sponsored