Sponsored

Anyone else's insurance going up like crazy this year?

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes mine went up about 20% this year as well. Still paying a reasonable amount for three vehicles and two drivers though. And I've shopped it around many times and for whatever reason Geico keeps beating them all significantly.
Same, 3 cars and 2 drivers, I still have Geico because they seem to be the most reasonable, I pay $1650/6mo, that's full coverage with road side assistance and $500 deductable, and here I am about the buy another vehicle and add my 18yr old son to my policy, so I expect to get raped when adding such a young driver in California, oh Lord!
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same, 3 cars and 2 drivers, I still have Geico because they seem to be the most reasonable, I pay $1650/6mo, that's full coverage with road side assistance and $500 deductable, and here I am about the buy another vehicle and add my 18yr old son to my policy, so I expect to get raped when adding such a young driver in California, oh Lord!
Yeah my 19yr old daughter is about to go on my policy too. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s going to be more than the 20% price increase too.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah my 19yr old daughter is about to go on my policy too. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s going to be more than the 20% price increase too.
Well, at least we will feel the pain together, note that your not alone šŸ»

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Car insurance, not so much. My auto policy actually went down when I traded the 2015 F350 for the Bronco last year. This year it went up, but only by a little bit.

My homeowner's did go up about 40%, was paying $2,800, now it's $4,200. The wheel of excuses landed on "Your area was reclassified as high fire risk".

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope... I live in Texas not California.... my rates have gone down...

Sponsored

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Car insurance, not so much. My auto policy actually went down when I traded the 2015 F350 for the Bronco last year. This year it went up, but only by a little bit.

My homeowner's did go up about 40%, was paying $2,800, now it's $4,200. The wheel of excuses landed on "Your area was reclassified as high fire risk".
Me too. The wildfires in Colorado have increased my homeowners by 39%.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post it, but I'm wondering if any of y'all are in the same boat.

Insurance renewal time came this month, and was shocked to see my monthly bill increase by over 40%. My insurance sent an email saying it was due to the increased costs of doing business (gee haven't heard that one before). But it definitely is not just my current insurance, I shopped around for a couple of different quotes and for identical coverage they were within $20-30 of each other.
Our money is getting less valuable.
Jason

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holding pretty steady here, but I already paid way too much, 20% extra just for being in the wrong zip code. (I've gotten quotes using an address 5 miles away for 20% less).

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They've been on the constant rise... I just changed from Amica to State Farm in Tx. Amica jumped up more than expected with the Bronco. Saved $140 per 6 months on auto and got a better policy. Same with home, better policy/lower deductible and saving over $600 per year.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was surprised when I bought my Bronco in Feb of this year and traded in my ā€˜18 Miata Club with the Brembo, Recaro and BBS package that USAA said the Bronco which was 25k more than the Miata that the insurance was cheaper.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of those rates I wonder if y'all even have enough coverage if you totaled your vehicle or caused a serious wreck. In Arkansas the legal minimum is 25/50/25. There is no way I would be that underinsured, as well as needing underinsured/non insured coverage. Plus rental. My wife's Genesis has been in the shop for over a month with at least another month or two to go. Insurance got her a 2021 fully loaded Tahoe to drive in the meantime. Not to mention being personally sued if you are underinsured.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Insurance companies never lose. You and I are paying the bill for the Florida hurricane, among other things.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Louisianaā€¦. No driving record, both in our late 40ā€™s

2020 jlur
2022 bronco 2600 a year

Usaa
3400 a yearā€¦
USAA here and my insurance dropped going to Bronco. Less than $800 a year even dropping my Comprehensive deductible down to zero to account for possible windshields needed since there are no glass policies or zero deductible glass in AL. Thatā€™s insane.
We pay less than $1700 for a 2020 Chevy Trail Boss & Bronco per year.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure how true this is, but I've heard rumor that 4A transfer case Broncos insure pretty well because AWD vehicles are deemed "safe" versus a 4wd. Ours didn't go up at all when we went from Explorer to Bronco.
Sponsored