Sponsored

Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you step back about a foot and take a new pic? But I agree it looks like it’s not seated/installed right

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like it’s not seated correctly.
I have yet to remove the panels from the factory. I'll check on it in the next couple days to see if I can get it to seal better.

Just kind of crazy to purchase a brand new vehicle and then have to MacGyver stuff. Hopefully it's just a quick readjustment of the panel.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you step back about a foot and take a new pic? But I agree it looks like it’s not seated/installed right
I added a driver side photo, I think you all might be correct.

Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? IMG_20220101_173304
Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? IMG_20220101_173324

Sponsored
OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just remove the panel and pulled it over and was able to close the gap quite a bit, I can't imagine this is going to hold over a few years. I wish I would have gotten a photo because the material looks incredibly cheap like some kind of loofah.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Best I could get it.

Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? IMG_20220101_173933

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also I went ahead and took another photo just because I wanted to show everybody

Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? IMG_20220101_174041

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya the seal in the first picture does not look right. I just went and took some pictures from mine and it looks more like your driver side. I will attach them here shortly.

Is this a 1.0 top or 2.0 top?

Here is my driver side pic (mine is a 1.0 version top):
Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? PXL_20220101_223827553

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya the seal in the first picture does not look right. I just went and took some pictures from mine and it looks more like your driver side. I will attach them here shortly.

Manufactured 11/15 so I assume it's not the original

Sponsored
OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

Here is my driver side pic (mine is a 1.0 version top):
Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? PXL_20220101_223827553
Did they ever say anything to you about replacing your hardtop?

I think mine simply might be that the seal wasn't lined up when they put the hardtop on. Otherwise the quality looks really good, but I'm going to look it over with a fine tooth comb later today.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did they ever say anything to you about replacing your hardtop?

I think mine simply might be that the seal wasn't lined up when they put the hardtop on. Otherwise the quality looks really good, but I'm going to look it over with a fine tooth comb later today.
Yes, I am approved to get the 2.0 replacement, which I will do sometime in summer of 2022. The replacement program is open until September 2022. I figure I will wait as long as possible, with my assumption that the more tops they make, the better they will get at making them (which may or may not be true)

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I am approved to get the 2.0 replacement, which I will do sometime in summer of 2022. The replacement program is open until September 2022. I figure I will wait as long as possible, with my assumption that the more tops they make, the better they will get at making them (which may or may not be true)
Nice! If you want any comparison pictures of certain areas let me know and I can snap them for you today.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just went and looked mine over really well. It's basically perfect minus that little gap which I think if I unbolt the whole hard top I can shift over a hair and correct it. I didn't see any snakeskin or poor window gaskets.

As for the top I don't expect it to be perfect because it's removable. I do think the design is a little bit wonky with those seals. I do know of several friends that have hard top jeeps with leaking roofs over the years. As long as mine doesn't leak I'm cool with it. I'll come up with a solution to this little rubber gap issue shortly.

Cubertious

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just went and looked mine over really well. It's basically perfect minus that little gap which I think if I unbolt the whole hard top I can shift over a hair and correct it. I didn't see any snakeskin or poor window gaskets.

As for the top I don't expect it to be perfect because it's removable. I do think the design is a little bit wonky with those seals. I do know of several friends that have hard top jeeps with leaking roofs over the years. As long as mine doesn't leak I'm cool with it. I'll come up with a solution to this little rubber gap issue shortly.
Where you able to close the gap by moving the back part hard top forward at all? I just noticed I have a similar gap on my passenger side as well.
Sponsored