Sponsored

Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer?

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also feel things are going to get a little more competitive at the beginning of October. Having worked at a dealership in the past (not claiming to be an expert negotiator) I’d be willing to strike up a conversation with some of the dealerships in RI if we could get a good list going.
Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Added my details to the spreadsheet, I'm down for a group buy if it works out, currently reserved with Danvers Ford in MA, they've confirmed no ADM, but no info on XPlan or Doc fees.

Was thinking about using Granger but the 1300 mile return journey doesn't appeal to me!!!

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand an respect that, I help when and where I feel that I can be of assistance...

It is not all about the sale here at Granger Ford.
Added my details to the spreadsheet, I'm down for a group buy if it works out, currently reserved with Danvers Ford in MA, they've confirmed no ADM, but no info on XPlan or Doc fees.

Was thinking about using Granger but the 1300 mile return journey doesn't appeal to me!!!
I really want to do granger but can't commit to return either. If I take delivery over the summer thats an awesome drive back with some fun detours. If its not ready until January 2022 that's a whole different trip and a potential nightmare situation ?

swolosaurus

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm interested in a group buy.

Currently, it's reserved at Stoneham Ford. I got this response today:
Ford Bronco Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer? 1597188576657

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like a lot of dealerships are going to claim they’re “in the dark” until November 1st and all the sudden they have all the answers and want all the money and ppl are stuck paying or passing on their reservation. You can’t tell me that Albert at granger can acquire all these answers for us, but every dealership I’ve talked to has no idea what’s going on..... seems suspicious. For anyone that gets stuck at a dealership, when it’s your time for delivery they can ask whatever they want for the car and if you don’t want to pay it, they throw it on the lot and sell it in seconds. Dealerships know this is a win win for them. Most aren’t straight up in this industry. That’s why I got out.

OP
OP
Parrett

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I created a Google Sheet that we can fill out to keep track of everyone that's interested in the New England group buy. Here's the link.
@Parrett - feel free to add this link to your opening post for visibility. I've never created a publicly editable Google Sheet so please let me know if you run into issues adding your info and I'll edit the share parameters accordingly.

Per @Granger Ford's suggestion, we can then use this prospective list so we have a "live" count of the reservations that are willing to commit to a group buy when we start approaching dealerships.
I’ll add the link, thanks for doing that.

i was reading a few posts yesterday and they were basically that Ford was upset with Granger for saying they were giving the $1000 rebate and told them to cease and desist. Hoping that’s not true, even though Im looking to buy in NE.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I'm interested as well. I'm currently on the west coast but I'll be moving back to the Boston area in early 2021. I currently have my reservation at Sentry Ford in Medford. I haven't engaged with them at all up to this point so I can't comment on ADM or X-plan. I was planning on reaching out once the build and price tool is available.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was reading a few posts yesterday and they were basically that Ford was upset with Granger for saying they were giving the $1000 rebate and told them to cease and desist. Hoping that’s not true, even though Im looking to buy in NE.
None of that is true...we are not offering a "rebate" of any kind

There was a salesperson at a dealership that stated we were breaking some kind of Ford rules, and misrepresenting (lying) the facts...

• Ford has not told us we cannot do our pricing model...
  • Ford has not asked/told us to quit anything...
  • Other dealerships have opined on our pricing...
  • Other dealerships have asked us to quit pricing like this...

Our Store - Our Policies / Their Store - Their policies (y)

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think we should be able to get a granger type deal wth 20 people
Maybe with 20...... keep in mind, the GM’s and GSM’s at most dealerships make money off of the dealership making money..... right now they’re just seeing dollar signs with every reservation. Knowing you really really want this car. That’s not an ideal position to be in when buying. Ever notice the “best deal” comes when you’re walking away.....

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One other point. Whichever dealer is selected, it would be wise to verify whether or not they participate in the FordPass program. Keep in mind Ford gives all those who buy/lease a new vehicle 42,000 points if they are a FordPass member. You then can apply those points toward service and/or accessories. (Think dealer installed roof rack. Yippee!)
I assume this is information we all have. Correct?

dougiefresh

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm definitely interested! My initial reservation is with MgGovern Ford in Lowell but I haven't heard back from them as of yet. I've done a bit of research over the past week and this is what I've come up with either through calling / emailing a few dealerships:

Ford Bronco Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer? Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 11.15.46 AM

Note: I've highlighted in green the two dealerships that I've found to be the most transparent / best deals to date. They both responded via email and I really liked their transparent responses over the rest of the dealerships on the list.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe with 20...... keep in mind, the GM’s and GSM’s at most dealerships make money off of the dealership making money..... right now they’re just seeing dollar signs with every reservation. Knowing you really really want this car. That’s not an ideal position to be in when buying. Ever notice the “best deal” comes when you’re walking away.....
My wife's cousin is a GM at a Ford dealership in the Tri-state area.. Thing is she doesn't even want to go to him and ask for a 10% under invoice type discount because she feels like she's using him, and doesn't really talk with him. Also, we would prolly hear "why didn't you buy through me" through relatives/etc if we buy elsewhere.

I can see a scenario even being a cousin and possibly on the family discount plan and not even getting a Granger deal and paying the fiddler like everyone else.

Maybe I can go to him for a volume discount if we have enough people.
Sponsored

Last edited: