Sponsored

Anyone know when we can start to expect reviews for the Bronco on Consumer Reports, Car & Driver, etc?

kaptainkangaroo

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe they are starting to manufacture the actual Broncos March 27th maybe? Does anyone know when we can expect reviews, people reacting to receiving them, etc?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully NEVER on Consumer Reports. They’re not very friendly to the off-road segment.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day after tomorrow. Ask me again tomorrow.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe they are starting to manufacture the actual Broncos March 27th maybe? Does anyone know when we can expect reviews, people reacting to receiving them, etc?
I am curious where these Broncos are going that they said they were making starting late March. I am sure crashing and EPA stuff has to be finished. All of the dealerships on here said that their builds are schedule for early May, so they aren't getting them. Maybe for retailers to start making aftermarket parts?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly who cares. When you look back and read the reviews that they have left even for modern classics such as the MK4 supra and process what they say, they're wrong more often than they are right.

Especially today, everyone assumes the average consumer wants the vehicle with little road noise, creature comforts like heated everything and automatic shizz, at least 25MPG+, zero maintenance issues besides oil and wipers, and never get stuck in snow, and probably a hybird, anything short of a Crosstrek or Rav4 is going to get 3 out 5 stars no matter how overbuilt and capable it is.

"oh this vehicle can handle Moab stock unassisted and survive the nuclear holocaust but has less than desireable MPG for todays standards and loudest road noise in its segment which will irritate even the most enthusiastic consumer. Also its a domestic product so...ew" - CR probably

TLDR: Auto reviews are biased.

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'd be nice if you started off with the TLDR instead of putting it at the end.

Reactions: abe

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly who cares. When you look back and read the reviews that they have left even for modern classics such as the MK4 supra and process what they say, they're wrong more often than they are right.

Especially today, everyone assumes the average consumer wants the vehicle with little road noise, creature comforts like heated everything and automatic shizz, at least 25MPG+, zero maintenance issues besides oil and wipers, and never get stuck in snow, and probably a hybird, anything short of a Crosstrek or Rav4 is going to get 3 out 5 stars no matter how overbuilt and capable it is.

TLDR: Auto reviews are biased.
The key is to find reviewers that you know aren't biased. People who are well versed in the off-roading segment and can offer a good opinion on the Bronco. There are a lot of people out there who will be watching these reviews, especially the reviews that will very thoroughly compare the Bronco to the Wrangler.

Those are the people that will care when these reviews come out. The people who are cross shopping. They want to know whether to keep their reservations, make reservations or go ahead and order a Wrangler.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The key is to find reviewers that you know aren't biased.
I do not disagree. Unfortunately I believe most car review sites are more generalists than experts in any specific segment. I believe to remove any bias they aim for the largest demographic.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tuesday.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the better question is, "When will social media STOP reviewing and having people reacting to receiving them".

Waiting now with everybody else isn't the painful part. Waiting when you starting seeing those reviews and first drives and you still have 1\2 a year to go before your delivery is going to SUCKKKKK.

Can we have the media suppress any Bronco news until my delivery date? Should be easy for them to do.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

June. That is roughly when demo models (mannequins) will start showing up at dealers and when we might see the first deliveries. While they have sold plenty so far when people start seeing them in person the demand will go up even more.
Sponsored