Sponsored

Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles?

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have an eruption green big bend and it's the only thing that bothers me, I've read it costs over $1K to buy door handles THEN have them painted. Is that the only way to get it done as I don't think it's worth a grand honestly. I wonder if it's possible to get a wrap that looks 99% like eruption green stock color or if it would just look weird.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

See if someone with an OBX in green wants to downgrade their handles (and fender flares) and swap.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See if someone with an OBX in green wants to downgrade their handles (and fender flares) and swap.
That would be ideal. Heck, I'm on the lookout for VB flares but not looking to swap/sell my BD flares. I want a painted set for everyday use and to put the stock BD flares on for trail use. What always kills any availability is the shipping on large items. If the OP can find someone local-ish to do a swap that would be ideal. But in lieu of waiting for a local match that doesn't want to overcharge, they can just get the OEM door handles painted like I linked.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered mirror caps and door handles from BFN (i have an EG as well). I have not installed them on the truck yet, but the eruption green looks different from so many angles, I think the paint match was pretty good considering they were standalone painted by themselves. I will post pics when they are installed this week

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered mirror caps and door handles from BFN (i have an EG as well). I have not installed them on the truck yet, but the eruption green looks different from so many angles, I think the paint match was pretty good considering they were standalone painted by themselves. I will post pics when they are installed this week
Look forward to an update.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if you could buy the handles with a sensor from these guys and wire that into a base or non-mid package bronco..
The keys already need sensors to start the vehicle, so I doubt those need changing

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

following. real interested in how the handle swap goes and it turns out!!

don't mind the mirrors, and for me i think they will take a beating. hate the door handles and need a match.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slick85

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully they blend when installed... I have been noticing the Green on the Mini Coopers is very nice... like a dark forest green LOL.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if you could buy the handles with a sensor from these guys and wire that into a base or non-mid package bronco..
The keys already need sensors to start the vehicle, so I doubt those need changing
No. From what I've seen of the handle disassembly (shocker racing has a YT video showing it when they wrapped their Bronco), these painted handles are just a "cap" that fit over the underlying handle. They just don't snap on and still require disassembly from the door. But once the handle is removed from the door, the painted cap is snapped over the handle and then reassembled. The option for the sensor or not by them is whether the handle cap is solid or if there is a hole to accommodate the sensor in the underlying handle.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the Amazon ones. I have a set i got early on for less than $40 and they fit great and look really nice. They just attach with thin 3M tape to the existing handles. They are gloss black and i would assume can be painted. These are just sitting on top of my bare plastics badlands handles. They aren't attached because I want them painted before I do so. I am waiting for replacement mirror caps next and i will be painting the handles and mirrors to match and having my grille painted black.

Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? 20220612_162502

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed the BFN handles today….very happy overall. The EG paint is forgiving because it varies so much depending what angle you are looking at, but in the sun the match is spot on. In the shade the base green looks just a tiny bit bluer/darker, but nothing that anyone would ever notice unless I pointed it out. The last pic is the tailgate in shade and you can see what I mean, but either way I think they look fantastic!
Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? E5D86727-D34C-4D5D-B1C9-E8BA7BF88D6B

Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? C02366CD-F40C-4971-802C-DD1C945519B1

Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? 471F73F4-3E5B-4401-B4BD-7D29759A2D67
Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? 1805DD21-B54F-48F6-8315-953CD93CBF84

Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? 5778F99F-D75B-45E7-8731-FE10CD1C2FBA

OP
OP
Slick85

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed the BFN handles today….very happy overall. The EG paint is forgiving because it varies so much depending what angle you are looking at, but in the sun the match is spot on. In the shade the base green looks just a tiny bit bluer/darker, but nothing that anyone would ever notice unless I pointed it out. The last pic is the tailgate in shade and you can see what I mean, but either way I think they look fantastic!
Ford Bronco Anyone Paint Matched their Door Handles? 5778F99F-D75B-45E7-8731-FE10CD1C2FBA

Damn the handles and mirror caps look great! I think I'm going to order mine, but how do I know if my handles have smartkey/proximity sensors?
Sponsored