Sponsored

Anyone painted or wrapped the standard MIC hard top white?

MI_Chris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone painted or wrapped the standard hard top white? Looking to do this, but not sure the best way to go about this. Any tips or advice would be great.
Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dozens of people here have painted or wrapped the top white already, here's a video detailing the specifics of wrapping it.

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Search Raptor Liner on a MIC top and you will see how I did mine. BJ.

OP
OP
MI_Chris

MI_Chris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dozens of people here have painted or wrapped the top white already, here's a video detailing the specifics of wrapping it.

Thanks

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley any tips or advice for this fella?
As others said, some have done this, but what we don't have are folks giving 6 month/1 year/2 year updates.

And we have Webasto unable to produce heritage tops. The only rumors/info I've heard from reliable sources is that they are having trouble with paint adherence.

Of course what the factory needs to put a 36 month warranty on, and what a body shop will send out with a 100% money-back 0 month, 0 mile warranty are two drastically different things.

Personal opinion is that the roof materials and construction were poorly done at the design and implementation stage and were dealing with the eventual outcome of that.

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone painted or wrapped the standard hard top white? Looking to do this, but not sure the best way to go about this. Any tips or advice would be great.
Ford Bronco Anyone painted or wrapped the standard MIC hard top white? 2FBC4719-5731-4DA5-8658-E530BE8BE179

Highly recommend - what do you need to know? I painted and couldn’t be happier

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you show a few other photos of the top? What kind of paint did you use? Did you do it yourself?

I'm keeping a soft top on mine for now because it's black, if i can paint the shell black I would switch back from the soft top. I was considering trying to get it wrapped but that seems like it might not be a great option.

Sponsored

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you show a few other photos of the top? What kind of paint did you use? Did you do it yourself?

I'm keeping a soft top on mine for now because it's black, if i can paint the shell black I would switch back from the soft top. I was considering trying to get it wrapped but that seems like it might not be a great option.
I had a great body shop paint the top. It looks wonderful. I spoke with two professional wrappers and each suggested paint. So that’s what I did. I have no idea the specifics involved, like type of paint — using a professional was a must for me. Happy to answer more questions Here’s another photo:

Ford Bronco Anyone painted or wrapped the standard MIC hard top white? 1686882052287

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome, thanks for the additional info!

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a great body shop paint the top. It looks wonderful. I spoke with two professional wrappers and each suggested paint. So that’s what I did. I have no idea the specifics involved, like type of paint — using a professional was a must for me. Happy to answer more questions Here’s another photo:

1686882052287.jpeg
This looks awesome. I like the white top better on the 2- than the 4-door.

What did they charge for this?

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you! I love it.

are you in the ny metro area? Highly recommend the shop I went to. I did a bunch of things, incl top- it was very reasonable, as I recall- but I don't have the top specifically

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you! I love it.

are you in the ny metro area? Highly recommend the shop I went to. I did a bunch of things, incl top- it was very reasonable, as I recall- but I don't have the top specifically
I’m in TX so no chance. I’m just curious for ballpark. I’d think ~$1500 but I am just spitballing
Sponsored