First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a guy who does this kind of stuff, I must say good job!
Definitely echo the 233+ 3M tape. It is my go-to.
Also FWIW, anyone doing this at home be careful with the solvent wipe with lacquer thinner.
In your case no ill effects, and maybe none for anyone else, but it is some hot stuff and can soften or lift some existing coatings/colors.
a proper wax/grease remover is about the same cost and designed for what the intent is there.

Not picking your method apart by any means, as you did what needed to be done and it turned out looking great!
Agree 100%. Great job and I’ll echo the hot solvent warning. A safer solvent than laquer thinner would be 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner and a little goes a long way.

Ford Bronco MIC hard top painted white using Raptor Spray Liner:  DIY how-to and photos 11375887-9F68-43A0-AED3-9D1C2956EC26
Sponsored

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree 100%. Great job and I’ll echo the hot solvent warning. A safer solvent than laquer thinner would be 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner and a little goes a long way.

Ford Bronco MIC hard top painted white using Raptor Spray Liner:  DIY how-to and photos 11375887-9F68-43A0-AED3-9D1C2956EC26
I never knew about this and plan on getting some and also the 3M paint tape. Thank-you for the help. BJ.

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted to get a Retro Look, and Line-X wanted $750.00 to do the top and hatches. I had read a lot about Raptor Liner (I have no connection with the Company) and decided to give it a try. I used my Kubota RTV to try out the spraying of the liner and had real good luck with it. So I gave the top a shot at it.

Once the top was off I washed it twice with car wash, and then did a third wash with Dawn Dish Soap. When it was dry, I went over all of the surface with 220 grit sand paper, and then wiped it down twice using Lacquer thinner. After that was dry, I went over everything with a tack cloth to remove any dust or small particles that I missed.

I then used Adhesion Promoter over all of the surface and let sit for 20 minutes, and during that time I mixed up the Raptor liner. If you do this project, keep in mind that the Blue Painters Tape and Green Frog Tape do not stick well to the seals. I had a little overspray where the tape did not stick.

My final part of the Retro Build was having the Factory Big Bend wheels powder coated white. The Tires are BFG-K02's size 285-75-17. No rubbing during turns and the Crash Bars are still in.

Nothing special about my equipment. I have a 30 gallon Dewalt compressor, and used the Adjustable sprayer that Upol sells. The adjustable sprayer gives you the option to have a heavy or fine finish. BJ.

Look fantastic, great job.
I wonder how it would look on a 4 door wildtrack?

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks really good! Did you notice any noise reduction having that material on there?
Jarrett: Thank-you very much for the comment. I could not notice any change in noise level, but the inside liner is cool to the touch after sitting in the sun. BJ.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look fantastic, great job.
I wonder how it would look on a 4 door wildtrack?
Jeff: I think it would look great on your 4 Door WT. It would help keep the inside a little cooler in the hot weather. Thanks for the comment, BJ.

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curt: Sorry for the time between now and your post but I just saw it. The top has been doing great and the Raptor Liner still looks great. No pictures but it is garage kept. Bird poop washes off easy. Thanks for the comment. Bruce J.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sheri: Thank-you for the kind comment about my Big Bend Top. The jeep looks great in the urban camp pattern. As an aside, we have a rescue German Shepard similar to your picture. Thanks Bruce J.

heliix

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Door OBX Lux Eruption
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lex: Thanks for the reply. I did not use any UV rated Clear Coat. I will look for any change in the finish and if it does consider another coat of liner with a UV protector. BJ.
How has the Raptor liner held up and any fading?
Sponsored