Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, that looks good, well done. I have a velocity Blue Badlands on order. I,m going to have to copy you on this. White never crossed my mind until today.
Sponsored

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted to get a Retro Look, and Line-X wanted $750.00 to do the top and hatches. I had read a lot about Raptor Liner (I have no connection with the Company) and decided to give it a try. I used my Kubota RTV to try out the spraying of the liner and had real good luck with it. So I gave the top a shot at it.

Once the top was off I washed it twice with car wash, and then did a third wash with Dawn Dish Soap. When it was dry, I went over all of the surface with 220 grit sand paper, and then wiped it down twice using Lacquer thinner. After that was dry, I went over everything with a tack cloth to remove any dust or small particles that I missed.

I then used Adhesion Promoter over all of the surface and let sit for 20 minutes, and during that time I mixed up the Raptor liner. If you do this project, keep in mind that the Blue Painters Tape and Green Frog Tape do not stick well to the seals. I had a little overspray where the tape did not stick.

My final part of the Retro Build was having the Factory Big Bend wheels powder coated white. The Tires are BFG-K02's size 285-75-17. No rubbing during turns and the Crash Bars are still in.

Nothing special about my equipment. I have a 30 gallon Dewalt compressor, and used the Adjustable sprayer that Upol sells. The adjustable sprayer gives you the option to have a heavy or fine finish. BJ.

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8138.jpeg
I would not have recognized those wheels as stock BB. What a change. I think the project looks great. The beauty of the bronco, make it unique, make it yours.

Bronco Flyers

Raptor
First Name
Randy and Stef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor & Gen 2 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks amazing!!! I may do this to my 11/14 build when it arrives.

FWIW, for anyone doing this, the 3M Green automotive 233+ tape will stick better than any other masking tape to hard to bond surfaces. It's the gold standard for masking tape in the body shop/collision world. Places like Napa auto parts have it as do any store that sells automotive paint.

It comes in widths from 1/8” to 4”.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.24.25 PM.png
That’s the tape we use for painting airplanes. Definitely the gold standard.

The retro white top looks great. 👍🏻

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that looks awesome!

did you give the interior of the roof pieces the white treatment as well?

CLM

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Land Cruiser, F350, 911-993, 55-F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice looking job! I'm going the retro route also (stripe, spare cover). Still haven't decided on top. Both wrap & liner products look good. Wondering about longevity (adhesion, discoloring). Maybe white wheels instead. Looking for the old 70's white spoke steel wheels we had back then. Anyone found them?

Sponsored
OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lcubed: Thanks for the feedback. I did not do the inside of the top/hatch having the carpet liner from the factory. If that poops out I might consider it. BJ.

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to get a Retro Look, and Line-X wanted $750.00 to do the top and hatches. I had read a lot about Raptor Liner (I have no connection with the Company) and decided to give it a try. I used my Kubota RTV to try out the spraying of the liner and had real good luck with it. So I gave the top a shot at it.

Once the top was off I washed it twice with car wash, and then did a third wash with Dawn Dish Soap. When it was dry, I went over all of the surface with 220 grit sand paper, and then wiped it down twice using Lacquer thinner. After that was dry, I went over everything with a tack cloth to remove any dust or small particles that I missed.

I then used Adhesion Promoter over all of the surface and let sit for 20 minutes, and during that time I mixed up the Raptor liner. If you do this project, keep in mind that the Blue Painters Tape and Green Frog Tape do not stick well to the seals. I had a little overspray where the tape did not stick.

My final part of the Retro Build was having the Factory Big Bend wheels powder coated white. The Tires are BFG-K02's size 285-75-17. No rubbing during turns and the Crash Bars are still in.

Nothing special about my equipment. I have a 30 gallon Dewalt compressor, and used the Adjustable sprayer that Upol sells. The adjustable sprayer gives you the option to have a heavy or fine finish. BJ.

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8138.jpeg
Looks Great! Given all that work I think I would have gladly paid the 750!

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
CLM: White spokes are available from US Wheel, and are sold on Summit Racing. When I first started with wheels and tires, I got the chrome spokes from US Wheel and mounted them on Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Mounted on the Bronco, they looked great.

But, the backspace that came on the wheel caused it to poke out more for my taste, and that wheel was only available in 16 inch size. Tire size was 285-75-16, and they were really heavy. When I decided to go with the powder coated factory wheels, I went with BFG-K02's 285-75-17, and am very happy with that wheel/tire combination. BJ.

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rick66: Thank-you. The powder coating really changed the so-so look of the factory wheel. BJ.

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks fantastic. Not sure that particular wheel in white is my favorite ,but I love what you did

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8138.jpeg
Beautiful job and tastefully done.

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
351W-Bronco: Herb, I went out and looked at the roof to see if I could get you a picture of the edge, but nothing really showed it. Take a look at the third picture that I posted and you can see that the edge has been coated. I did make sure that the edge was given a proper coating of Adhesion Promoter before I sprayed the liner. Hope this helps. BJ.

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks fantastic! Well done, sir!

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8138.jpeg
Very sharp color combo, well done!

OP
OP
KNXBronco

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
TigerBronco: Thank-you for the comment. BJ.
Sponsored