Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering if anybody is running these and your thoughts on them? I really don’t see the need to dump $1200 on fog lights so thought maybe these would do the job at $400
I was considering those. Didn't see many reviews or comparisons to the SS3 lights tho.
They were on sale around Xmas for 20% off.
I wanted a lower cost setup too. I ended up getting a pair of the DD SS3 SAE fogs ($160 @ 15% off), eBay brackets ($8, normally $30) and a pair of 3" SAE driving lights from SuperBright LED's ($90). Made my own wiring harness running to the Aux switches. So all in at about $300.
Oh, and I bought a pair of DD amber lens covers for the SS3 lights. Easy to pop on/off if I need to for foggy conditions.
I'm happy with the results, the DD SS3 fogs light up the shoulders well, and the Superbright driving lights produce more light than the factory hi beams.
DD SS3 fogs:
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-3-sae-dot-white-sport-led-pod-pair.html
DD amber light covers:
https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss5-led-pod-cover-yellow-one.html
SuperBright driving lights:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...lights-up-to-1-500-lumens-6500k-single-2-pack
Mod Bumper Light Brackets:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285537678953

Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good!

do you like the brightness of the lights?
Yes the brightness is good. I ordered the Amber version which is achieved by colored lenses. This does cut the brightness but i wanted yellow light for fog.

Diode Dynamics says the “measured output” of each light is 800 lumens for Amber version and 1,400 lumens for White version (“raw output” for each is 1,140 lumens and 2,280 lumens respectively). So if you don’t care about color, the white version will be much brighter.

joes bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 2017 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me I did the un thinkable and put on amazon fog lights, NOT dot approved and they are outstanding. They have a extremely good cutoff. Most all if not all major manufactures fogs are dot approved and don't work any better than low beams but do cost a butt load of money.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have fog light kits for the Bronco that use Diode Dynamics lights if you want pods for a variation of pattern/spectrum and theyre on sale still!
https://offroadalliance.com/2021-Bronco-Triple-Bezel-Fog-Light-Kit/

The Diode Dynamic kit is nice, but I highly recommend going with an SAE kit for street legal use as so you arent blinding oncomming traffic. We have UNMATCHED customer service if you want to give us a call and see about doing our OffroadAlliance triple fog light kit or going with a Diode Dynamics, Baja Designs or a universal kit and choose your own variation of pod/lighting! Quality lights play a huge role in output, not only visual brightness but also the color and optics. Quality lights (compared to amazon, cheap lights) have optics that put the light where you need it or in the zone youre wanting lit up, and use a spectrum of light that is ideal for the use (proper amber spectrum or a pure, crisp white color), sometimes cheaper brands can have "off" amber colors or the white ends up being more blue/purple color and do not illuminate the zone as it should.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me I did the un thinkable and put on amazon fog lights, NOT dot approved and they are outstanding. They have a extremely good cutoff. Most all if not all major manufactures fogs are dot approved and don't work any better than low beams but do cost a butt load of money.
here are photos of low beam, add DD ss3 SAE fogs, add DD ss3 SAE driving
Ford Bronco Anyone running these fog lights? IMG_0546
Ford Bronco Anyone running these fog lights? IMG_0550
Ford Bronco Anyone running these fog lights? IMG_0553

RR Drummer

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew / Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interesting. I've only had my Bronco for a month and trying to decide on which fog lights to get is becoming a bit of a pain. There are so many choice in a wide variety of prices. I want LED, I'd like option of dual for white/amber depending on weather. Does anyone know if there is a fog light bar that offers this? I may have to settle for a 2 or 3 light pod arrangement.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very interesting. I've only had my Bronco for a month and trying to decide on which fog lights to get is becoming a bit of a pain. There are so many choice in a wide variety of prices. I want LED, I'd like option of dual for white/amber depending on weather. Does anyone know if there is a fog light bar that offers this? I may have to settle for a 2 or 3 light pod arrangement.
What's your budget? Modular bumper or ?
Are you sure you want the fog light pattern? They mostly add light to the shoulders and right in front..... GREAT pics by Oldhippie above!
I posted my setup, about $300, a few posts up, post # 20.
Diode Dynamics are $$$, SuperBright are $$, NiLights on Amazon are $.

RR Drummer

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's your budget? Modular bumper or ?
Are you sure you want the fog light pattern? They mostly add light to the shoulders and right in front..... GREAT pics by Oldhippie above!
I posted my setup, about $300, a few posts up, post # 20.
Diode Dynamics are $$$, SuperBright are $$, NiLights on Amazon are $.
I’m thinking $500 max. Would be nice if that was CDN$ but expecting US$. I got a modular bumper. We get a lot of fog here in our area of East Coast so that’s why dual beam would be nice. Appreciate all the post and setups everyone shares, gives me ideas.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the Diode Dynamics Elite SAE fogs in the (sorta-) capable bumper, and they're awesome.
Also a pair of Diode Dynamics SC3 Pro Combos for ditch lights, and a pair of Diode Dynamics SC3 Pro Spots in the Micky Mouse Ears position and now a set of DD SC2 Pro Floods for traveling back from which I came.
Last night a fren was following me back to my shack, down a deserted rural road, I had the front DD lights on, and she said; "WHOA! Your high beams are really bright!"
I hadn't even turned them on! :cool:
I wonder if DD would hire me?!?
Ford Bronco Anyone running these fog lights? lumen_butthaid
Ford Bronco Anyone running these fog lights? back_up_on

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah there's a few depending on the brand you like.

Baja Designs makes the best light, but they come at a pretty penny
Diode Dynamics give you a lot more light for your money and are Made in the USA.

The most popular kit we sell is this one: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/

The reason is that it has a nice flush look to it. It also offers the eaiest installation method (because the lights sit flush with the bracket during installation to make it easy and then you just adjust the lights after slightly).

Our open style bracket (https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/) is another popular option because you run run larger lights. It's also a tiny bit less $$. The downside is installation takes a bit longer. Reason for this is that our brackets are more universal, so they have multiple slots to install lights. That means you need about another 5 minutes of trial/error to get them sitting right (just don't tighten anything down, leave it all loose and hanging so you can hold it up to see how you like it).

With these they are triple fog light kits, which is good I feel. You can do a white fog light on 1 switch, yellow fog light on another and then your 3rd light can be an "off-road" light.

We also offer a dual kit with SSC2: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/ which is easier on the wallet.

And of course you can just do an ala carte system from us. Brackets, lights, harness all separate. Then you can do 1 pair of SS3 for example or 2 pairs.

Shoot me a message if you need help designing a single pair kit or a dual pair kit.

RR Drummer

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah there's a few depending on the brand you like.

Baja Designs makes the best light, but they come at a pretty penny
Diode Dynamics give you a lot more light for your money and are Made in the USA.

The most popular kit we sell is this one: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/

The reason is that it has a nice flush look to it. It also offers the eaiest installation method (because the lights sit flush with the bracket during installation to make it easy and then you just adjust the lights after slightly).

Our open style bracket (https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/) is another popular option because you run run larger lights. It's also a tiny bit less $$. The downside is installation takes a bit longer. Reason for this is that our brackets are more universal, so they have multiple slots to install lights. That means you need about another 5 minutes of trial/error to get them sitting right (just don't tighten anything down, leave it all loose and hanging so you can hold it up to see how you like it).

With these they are triple fog light kits, which is good I feel. You can do a white fog light on 1 switch, yellow fog light on another and then your 3rd light can be an "off-road" light.

We also offer a dual kit with SSC2: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/ which is easier on the wallet.

And of course you can just do an ala carte system from us. Brackets, lights, harness all separate. Then you can do 1 pair of SS3 for example or 2 pairs.

Shoot me a message if you need help designing a single pair kit or a dual pair kit.
Thanks for great input. I will reach out. 👍🏼
Sponsored