Sponsored

Anyone told their dealer they’re waiting for MY22?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my dealership finally contacted me today, with a very poorly put together voicemail and email no less... anywho, I am pretty much dead set on waiting for MY22 but I don’t want to inform them just yet for fear of them cancelling my reservation by not being in the know or for them to think I’m flat out flaking etc.
has anyone spoke to their dealers about waiting?
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with the level of incompetence we are seeing among dealers just today even, I'd be wary of telling them your decision early, as they just might cancel your order!

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I told mine I was waiting and sent them the link from bronco nation, they said they would let me know when they had more info for MY22 and let me go about my merry way

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, in one of the Granger threads I let Zach know. ? Still have to make it official, but they are supportive of it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, in one of the Granger threads I let Zach know. ? Still have to make it official, but they are supportive of it.
They seem to be anyway. Supportive, like a....... Strap.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there is NO WAY IN HELL I would give a dealership $900 of my money to sit on until the 2022s roll out.
I can't invest money on something I haven't seen in person. It sucks! Still have my reservation.

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just emailed my dealer that I want to wait. I want to see one in the flesh to see what colors and options are best.

They did place an order, so not sure if I will need to make a new reservation, but I was really struggling with options and color. I think seeing various builds in person will really help and I am willing to wait......

*Still hoping for a Base 4door with manual transmission*

Sponsored

Jhokfan

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I met with my dealer yesterday. I expressed that I wanted to wait until MY22 for my order. They didn't know that it was a possibility, and in general I knew much more about the Bronco rollout than they did. I've confirmed my wishes with them via email, twice. Crossing my fingers that they will know how to navigate with ford and allow me to retain my reservation number. I don't have a great feeling about it but I'm not paying $50k for a MIC top!

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So my dealership finally contacted me today, with a very poorly put together voicemail and email no less... anywho, I am pretty much dead set on waiting for MY22 but I don’t want to inform them just yet for fear of them cancelling my reservation by not being in the know or for them to think I’m flat out flaking etc.
I have some reservations who definitely want a 22...i didnt process their reservation to an order and its all good...that reservation can stay in the queue as long as it needs to be

Broncogirl16

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the same situation! I tried to ask my dealership about waiting they didn't really understand- they told me to get my order in asap as they would hate to see me have to wait 2 years before I got my Bronco. Sooooooo.....based on what others are saying, I am just going to hold off placing an order now and just wait to hear further at some point!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer understood and supported my decision to let my reservation ride until 22. Many of the things I want are either late availability, constrained supply chain, or unavailable until 22. You do not lose your reservation by waiting, in fact that reservation number will become as important when the 22s come out as now. My dealer indicated that my res number will put me at the top of the 22 order pattern due to it being a second day in 21. I hate to wait but I am not going to continue to"settle" for a 21. I look forward to the special editions, new colors and potential warthog, hybrids, etc. And for what it is worth, by this time if anyone does not have full confidence in their dealer anything negative that occurs now is on the buyer. There are tons of comments and threads on this site about the dedicated, informed and customer-focused dealers that are available out there.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I told mine on Wednesday. My take on it was that he was not happy and he commented that he needed to discuss with his owner. Why?, I have no clue. I explained that I wanted to wait because I am a Sept res holder so it probably will be 22 anyway, I want late availability or unavailable at this time items, and financially I will have time to pay for my daughters wedding and retire other debt. After hanging up I thought it over and shot him an email that was nice but firm. I did not plan to give up my res, I wanted to order MY22 and please reply so I would know if I need to move my res....I did receive a reply with a similar message about discussing with the owner but no clear answer. I plan to give him a few days and then reach out to get a clear answer or I will reluctantly move.
Sponsored