Sponsored

Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet?

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs on their rigs yet?
The bulbs I am interested in are the bulbs in the side mirrors, the interior cabin light(s), and the LED reverse lights.
I'd like them to be a lot brighter.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's my first project, light up the interior. So far I did the cargo area with some KC Cyclones under the speaker pods. Doing the rest of the cabin is going to be tougher. I'm starting to do the thinking on that.

Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? PXL_20220531_051225851.NIGHT

Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? PXL_20220531_051225851.NIGHT
This is much brighter than I'd want but wow, that's a great idea.
How did you wire the lights, if you don't mind?

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a custom lighting project as soon as I got my rig. I added a red rock light and a white rock light from Baja Designs on the glass. Looks cleaner than a big LED bar. Then a red LED strip in the cargo area. All wired to a switch panel.

But recently added these magnetic lights from Walmart on the roll bars. Sticks right to it and a super easy, cheap way, to add more lighting inside. Can go white, red, blue, green. I'd def recommend these for a simple solution.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...th-Remote-Control-Grey/620668553?athbdg=L1700

Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 7.29.18 AM
Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 7.29.37 AM
Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? IMG_3444.HEIC

Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 12.49.17 PM

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did a custom lighting project A red and a white Baja Designs rock light on the glass. Then a red LED strip in the cargo area. All wired to a switch panel. But recently added these magnetic lights from Walmart on the roll bars. Sticks right to it and a super easy cheap way to add more lighting inside. Can go white, red, blue, green. I'd def recommend these for a simple solution.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...th-Remote-Control-Grey/620668553?athbdg=L1700

Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 12.49.17 PM
View attachment 333606

View attachment 333605
This looks awesome!

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes, but if the originals are on a board, and not a traditional 192 or t10 sockets, you cant just change the bulb easily.
Just gotta be ambitious ;) I had an 08 Milan and changed every surface-mount LED from green to white. Radio, instrument cluster, window switches, steering wheel controls, sunroof switches, everything.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just gotta be ambitious ;) I had an 08 Milan and changed every surface-mount LED from green to white. Radio, instrument cluster, window switches, steering wheel controls, sunroof switches, everything.
I'd love to be able to swap everything out for something closer to the BL Active Orange, or even amber, over the blue. Doubt that's going to be feasible though.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is much brighter than I'd want but wow, that's a great idea.
How did you wire the lights, if you don't mind?
My lighting goal is overkill (I used 12 of these suckers for rock lights) but I actually think it is perfect. The camera overdoes it a bit. I wired a switch straight to the battery with the aux cables. I want it to be always powered. I'm sure there is a better way but it is so easy with the aux wires. It is perfect since the stock led provides low light and you can hit the switch to get full brightness.

Edit: Also, I didn't mount anything on the top so I still have the lights without it. If you did one Cyclone stuck to the hardtop it would work great.

Another Edit: Get a $6 12v adapter and test the lights ahead of time. I did a lot of testing to get it the way I wanted it.
Ford Bronco Anyone upgraded the OEM light bulbs yet? PXL_20220529_035809030
Sponsored

Last edited: